PDA

View Full Version : is anyone going to watch 'hunting the hunters'?

kitca
02-18-2011, 09:22 AM
have you seen the ads for the new show on the wildlife officers catching poachers across the states? i dont get the channel its coming on, but i know i wouldnt be able to watch it. im so glad they do what they do, but i dont want those pictures stuck in my head.

HuskyWillow
02-18-2011, 05:52 PM
It just doesn't seem that interesting to me, I mean it's great they're doing but the show doesn't seem to promising for me. I might watch an episode and see how it is but ym fingers out crossed on it being good.

A*lil*Loopy
02-18-2011, 06:56 PM
I hope it's not on tonight, I'm not able to get home because of highways. It seems like an interesting show and I'd watch it because it interests me. I would hope that it brings attention to poaching and possibly deters potential poachers as well as maybe help fund the need for more conservation intervention.
For now, I shall sit in the back room at work and watch a duck that was returned to me today with injuries.

kitca
02-19-2011, 08:09 AM
what happened to the duck? hope he is ok.

GreyWolf
02-20-2011, 10:53 PM
I enjoyed the show. It's somewhat frusterating watching bc the hunting laws are very different there than in Canada, so sometimes they can't even do anything...for example, they caught a group of poachers who just killed a bear and placed oragans in a bag to sell them..the selling is illegal, but they had the tags for the bear-and all they could do was make sure they destroyed the organs...In Canada I think you'd have to sign a bunch of things and go through a whole process so if you took out the organs you'd be fined already...but for them they'd have to be in the middle of selling to catch them...sigh*

A*lil*Loopy
02-22-2011, 05:52 PM
I haven't seen it yet, caught the ads for it but that's all so far. I miss a lot of good stuff on tv because I'm never there and when I am, we're just too busy.
Duck should live. Flew away on the owner and got frostbite so they gave her back to me. Other circumstances apply but for now I have her back.

kitca
02-22-2011, 06:02 PM
i hope she will be ok and sounds better off with you.

i think the show would upset me too much. i know it happens, but i think if i actually saw it happening...