View Full Version : This is WAY overdue - Porter is coming

MaO3
02-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Take that Air Canada!
Porter is finally coming to the Soo!!!

http://soonews.ca/viewarticle.php?id=29905

b&aMom
02-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Will it be too little too late? You aren't at Pearson to make connections, and how many of us have gotten used to flying US out of Kinross? It's ok if you're just going to TO, or Boston, Chicago or NYC, but if I want to connect in Chicago, I'm not going to TO first.

IMHO
02-25-2011, 11:59 AM
I will get excited when they announce they have REASONABLE rates for flying to Toronto. Its time an airline realized that if they offered $99.99 weekend flights to Toronto they would fill many aircraft. Its cost prohibitive for most of us to fly.

icemantbi
02-25-2011, 12:27 PM
I will get excited when they announce they have REASONABLE rates for flying to Toronto. Its time an airline realized that if they offered $99.99 weekend flights to Toronto they would fill many aircraft. Its cost prohibitive for most of us to fly.

It's actually not that bad 7UP. If you are planning on going to Toronto, return, it costs $331.37 for a weekend flight ($99 plus all those taxes and surcharges). You save money as well because you don't have to pay a cab from Pearson to downtown, which costs $50 if you are lucky. It's way cheaper than Air Canada which costs close to $600 return on the same dates that I picked with Porter. ( May 6 to May 8)

I do agree though, if I was flying to any destination in the US, I would fly from Kinross, so this will only be good for those traveling to the Canadian destinations.

b&aMom
02-25-2011, 01:04 PM
But is it even any good to get to most of the rest of Canada? You're at the island airport, and are going to vancouver. Not only do you have to connect, you have to get all the way out to Pearson. It would be ok for TO business travellers, or single people, but at $331 per person for a family of four, That's not far off flying my family to Florida from Kinross.

MaO3
03-01-2011, 11:07 AM
It will be a great option for people flying for medical reasons - a flight for two people to TO for a doctors appointment in March will cost over $2000. Flying Porter would be $662.00 - Shorter trip to Downtown as well.

I personally never fly out of Toronto the same day I fly in just in case of flight delays, I always plan for a night in hotel going both ways. So flying porter would be a good option.
Flying into the US - your nuts if you fly from here regardless, it costs a fraction of the price if you fly from Kinross or better yet Flint.