PDA

View Full Version : LOOKING FOR A GOOD Recipe

cutie22
02-25-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm looking for a chocolate chunk fudge cake recipe with chocolate icing. Preferrably with a filling between layers to. I've google and couldn't find a decent one. And They want it to be chocolate fudge with chunks in it. Also can I just add chunks to the batter without it melting? Please help need ASAP.

gouligann
02-25-2011, 05:12 PM
http://userealbutter.com/2009/04/23/chocolate-chunk-bundt-cake-recipe/

I found this one. Never tried it but hope to soon. Looks so good and supposed to be not too sweet. If you check out this recipe, you'll see that yes, you can add chunks into the batter. He uses chocolate chunks chopped up, and said make sure the chunks aren't TOO small.

cutie22
02-25-2011, 05:17 PM
thank you

kitca
02-26-2011, 08:21 AM
the chunks harden again when the cake is cool and its really good. they seem to all settle at the bottom and i dont know how to keep them from doing that.

HDV
02-26-2011, 10:32 AM
I have made cakes with chocolate chunks and other stuff in them and they way to get whatever you are adding to the batter not to sink to the bottom is pour batter into cake pan and then drop the pieces into it. save a little bit of the "chunks" and halfway threw cooking the cake add the rest to it and they will stay near the top.