PDA

View Full Version : Agent Orange

hobo
02-26-2011, 12:02 PM
What started out a week or so ago as an isolated case of the past use of Agent Orange in The Kapuskaping Forest area seems to have snowballed into a shocking usage by Ontario Hydro and MTO as well. On the radio the other day I heard a former Highway department employee explain how he was paid extra to spray a chemical to defoliate the sides of the highway. The chemical was described to him as being as harmless as salt. In reflection he wonders if the 3 miscarriages his wife had might have been related. I thought this sounded rather unlikely but when I read how workers who used the chemical would come home and take a shower to get the chemical off them it sounds possible.

I lived up north for a while and some people in the town were wondering why there was such a high rate of occurrences of some cancers. Reading an article where forestry workers use to hold balloons attached to fishing line to mark the area where the planes were to spray agent orange it would make sense that the chemical that would fall on them might end up causing problems - not to mention the effects the chemical might have on people who would head out to pick blueberries in areas that had been sprayed.
With all the horror stories that came out of Vietnam regarding the use of Agent Orange someone sure wasn't doing their homework when Hydro one was still spraying with it as late as 1979.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/945432--ontario-hydro-sprayed-agent-orange?bn=1

Barry Morris
02-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Nobody wants to know.

hobo
02-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Nobody wants to know.

Adam?

D0bb3r
02-26-2011, 11:51 PM
A few of todays pestacides/herbacides have a common chemical make up as agent orange ... all that is being done here is leaving out
large amounts of pertinent information and leading people to believe actual Vietnam style usage of agent orange is or was being used !!

Its scare tactics and nothing more by the fear mongers against pesticide use !!