PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Pain on right side

Babzz
08-08-2007, 10:47 AM
This started last night out of blue. Really bad pain on my right side and moving towards my back. I can usually suck up all my aches and pains but this friggin hurts..
Anyone have this before??

any nurses on line? I hate the emerg and i have no doc here

T_wolfe
08-08-2007, 11:24 AM
lower pain towards to abdominal or higher up???? dont now much about that....but I do know that you can hurt in the lower part like that with a kidney infection..... hope it gets better Babzz....:)

Puppy Lover
08-08-2007, 11:53 AM
You should probably see a physician or Nurse Practitioner for a full assessment.

Pain on the right side radiating into the back can be gall bladder (this is probably the most likely cause in an otherwise healthy individual).

Is there any rash associated with it??, as that pain can also be shingles which needs to be treated asap.

It really needs to be assessed and it is difficult to do that by internet.

Babzz
08-08-2007, 12:18 PM
hurts towards the upper part of my back..
no rash, just pain.

Can you see a nurse practitioner here with no referal??

T_wolfe
08-08-2007, 06:55 PM
hope you feel better Babzz

Babzz
08-08-2007, 08:46 PM
thanks..
pain is still there but its bareable..

BrAt
08-08-2007, 09:05 PM
If it's just your side and back it could be that you popped a rib out of place. It's happened to me before and hurts like a son of a gun!! I had to see a chiropractor to get it put back. Now when it happens it hurts really bad but eventually subsides slowly and then it's gone.

I would definitely check with a doctor if it keeps up though, it could be something more serious.

Babzz
08-08-2007, 09:09 PM
I will go to emerg if I have too.. thanks

dancingqueen
08-09-2007, 06:13 AM
I had some pain in my right side of my abdomen when I was younger.. I hated hospitals too... turns out it was my Apendix. I ignored it till it was so much pain... turns out it exploded in my stomach and I almost died.... go see a doctor or NP ASAP!

Babzz
08-09-2007, 08:20 AM
I am still in a lot of pain. I guess i will have to suck it up and go to the emerg /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Babzz
08-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Is there a nurse practitioner here that you can just call and make an appointment?

Puppy Lover
08-09-2007, 09:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Babzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a nurse practitioner here that you can just call and make an appointment? </div></div>

No, unfortunately, I don't think there are any nurse practitioners in town who are taking new patients, but there is an NP who works in the Emergency Dept. at the hospital.

Sudbury just opened an NP clinic, sure would be nice to get one of those here. We have several unemployed NPs in this town, such a waste not to be utilizing their skills.

KelBear
08-10-2007, 12:35 AM
How are you Babzz?? what's going on??

Babzz
08-10-2007, 12:40 AM
Its still a bit sore but not like it was..
Much better now thanks

Felt like someone kicked me in the ribs

Simba
08-10-2007, 08:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrAt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it's just your side and back it could be that you popped a rib out of place. It's happened to me before and hurts like a son of a gun!! I had to see a chiropractor to get it put back. Now when it happens it hurts really bad but eventually subsides slowly and then it's gone.

I would definitely check with a doctor if it keeps up though, it could be something more serious. </div></div>

I agree it could be that too. When you pull a rib out of place, the pain radiates everywhere and is extremely painful.

Hope you feel better Babzz!

dancingqueen
08-10-2007, 04:48 PM
did you go to the emerg?
is it any better?

Babzz
08-10-2007, 05:43 PM
its better today thanks... not 100 percent but much better than what it was
very odd.

BrAt
08-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Hmmm... if it happens again I would go to a chiropractor and see what they say. You can usually get in right away. That would rule out a few things and if it's not anything they can find, header to emerg.

Glad to hear you're feeling better! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif