PDA

View Full Version : Vista in French?

kalam
02-27-2011, 11:54 PM
So I've bought a second hand computer, which has Vista on it. I am having difficulties, as the Vista is all in French, and I can not seem to figure out how to get it changed to English. I foundthese directions, but cannot find the "regional and language" controls as mentioned. Any ideas?

Go to control panel
regional and language
keyboard and language
change keyboard
change it to english
if you live in canada change it to english
apply
ok

KaL

NewCasa
02-27-2011, 11:58 PM
This may help :)

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

Miles From Nowhere
02-28-2011, 01:38 PM
From what I've found, unless it's Vista Ultimate or Enterprise there is no way to change the language to english. You need to purchase an english version of Vista.

kalam
02-28-2011, 05:20 PM
I think it might be Vista Ultimate, that is if "Vista Édition Intégrale" is Vista Ultimate, in french!

KaL

NewCasa
02-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Kalam - can't you just change the language preference from the control panel?

D0bb3r
02-28-2011, 08:46 PM
The only thing more backwards than Vista would have to be a French version !!

kalam
02-28-2011, 11:57 PM
Hey NewCasa - As I was only able to boot up in safe mode, language preferences in control panel was not accessible. I found the best way to change it however - install Windows 7. :)

KaL

NewCasa
03-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Hey NewCasa - As I was only able to boot up in safe mode, language preferences in control panel was not accessible. I found the best way to change it however - install Windows 7. :)

KaL

Good choice in any case, though bablefish would've given you the opportunity to learn French as well :)