PDA

View Full Version : my dumped dog

kitca
03-05-2011, 09:25 AM
hi everyone, i would like to welcome a new addition to our family. we have named her 'peesha' (our daughter named her and its a very special name to her). she has been featured in severa;l emails. she and her 10 newborn puppies and 4 junior puppies were found dumped way back in the bush.

well, we picked her up yesterday and got her needles and everything and brought her home. she is sweet as can be! very well behaved and eager to please. i want to post some pictures, but i cant upload at photobucket for some reason.

she has already gained most of her weight back and the vet said she looked healthy and can get fixed anytime. the rescuers were really worried because she was in such a bad state when they found her - feeding those 10 pups took everything from her and they said she was just skin and bone.

i just dont understand why someone would drive way back in the bush like that to dump some innocent pets. they could have driven the same distance to the spca and left them in the overnite box. do people really think that because they are 'animals' that they can fend for themselves like their wild relations? what they put them through!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a143/vipersmum/DSC_0038.jpg

i am so glad there are folks out there that know of these dumping places and check them regularily, and the others who took in the mom and all those pups and gave them so much tlc (2 of the junior pups didnt make it). and to the folks who do the dumping....well you can imagine what i wish on you...

and we are very glad that we are lucky enough to have peesha with us now!!!!!!!

HDV
03-05-2011, 09:33 AM
sad eh. people take dogs and then when they dont want them they just dump them where ever. Or let them run loose in hopes they will run away. Idiots.
Glad you were able to give this dog a good home. :)
What kind of dog is it?

kitca
03-05-2011, 09:40 AM
i dont know, long hair mixed breed. if i was able to put up a picture you could see better :) she is about 60 pounds a mix of white with colors of brown. very pretty!

Mimi
03-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Did all her puppies find homes? Sounds like Peesha will have a much better life now.

kitca
03-05-2011, 12:54 PM
about half of the puppies have found homes. they really are adorable, some with the bluest of eyes.

SIMBA
03-05-2011, 01:46 PM
You are a very special person in my eyes kitca :)

everywoman
03-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Omg, that is such a sad story. Poor things. I'm so glad they were rescued. You rock, Kitca.

kitca
03-05-2011, 03:50 PM
thanks, but not me. its those ladies who know the dumping areas and patrol them regularily and the others in echo bay who fostered and looked after them.

A*lil*Loopy
03-05-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm so glad you adopted her kitca. I saw the pics of her and immediately wondered if I could bring her home but I was relieved when I read you took her. We are at maximum capacity even though we are now down to 5 dogs.
She has a certain look to her that says collie mix to me but I could be wrong, but she certainly looked like something special in her pics. She's been through more than any dog should in their lifetime.
Please keep us posted as to her well being and I'm hoping you get Photobucket working for you. I'm looking forward to hearing about her progress.

animal lover
03-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Wonderful kitca...the dog couldn\t have a better home!

TNT
03-06-2011, 01:04 PM
I read about that a bit back. Freakin' SICK pple. Congrats on the new baby! :)

kitca
03-07-2011, 01:45 PM
finially, got photobucket working, (or actually, figured out how to work the new web page at photobucket and upload) so, there she is in my original posting. (with a beautiful background of unpacked suitcase) anyway, isnt she just smiling!

magic mushroom
03-07-2011, 02:54 PM
oh my, is she ever georgeous!!

everywoman
03-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Awwwww.....she's so sweet!!!!!

Super Gram
03-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Thank goodness there are people like you Kitca.........she is gorgeous...

Luv to be on the GO
03-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Peecha is beautiful !!!
Your such a great person to give her a home
Enjoy your new furry baby !

alecat10
03-08-2011, 06:44 PM
They certainly can't be the brightest bulb in the pack; sharpest tool in the shed; elevator doesn't go to the top;few sandwiches shy of a picnic;not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and best of all, the villiage idiot! Hurray to the rescuers, and to the kind folks adopting mom and pups. That poor mother must have been in stealth mode taking care of her young!

hi everyone, i would like to welcome a new addition to our family. we have named her 'peesha' (our daughter named her and its a very special name to her). she has been featured in severa;l emails. she and her 10 newborn puppies and 4 junior puppies were found dumped way back in the bush.

well, we picked her up yesterday and got her needles and everything and brought her home. she is sweet as can be! very well behaved and eager to please. i want to post some pictures, but i cant upload at photobucket for some reason.

she has already gained most of her weight back and the vet said she looked healthy and can get fixed anytime. the rescuers were really worried because she was in such a bad state when they found her - feeding those 10 pups took everything from her and they said she was just skin and bone.

i just dont understand why someone would drive way back in the bush like that to dump some innocent pets. they could have driven the same distance to the spca and left them in the overnite box. do people really think that because they are 'animals' that they can fend for themselves like their wild relations? what they put them through!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a143/vipersmum/DSC_0038.jpg

i am so glad there are folks out there that know of these dumping places and check them regularily, and the others who took in the mom and all those pups and gave them so much tlc (2 of the junior pups didnt make it). and to the folks who do the dumping....well you can imagine what i wish on you...

and we are very glad that we are lucky enough to have peesha with us now!!!!!!!