PDA

View Full Version : Co-op for animal rescure or likewise

HuskyWillow
03-06-2011, 01:50 AM
Hey guys, so I took a co-op class for next year in school, and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could do anything like animal rescue, or anything working with animals, I'll be 16 when I'll have to do the co-op and I'd be really happy if I could get placed somewhere with animals, I'll be in grade 11 at St. Mary's at the time. Any help would be great! Thanks

magic mushroom
03-06-2011, 06:28 AM
http://animalassistancegroup.org/would-you-like-to-donate/volunteer-online-application/

Luv'inLife
03-06-2011, 11:37 AM
definatey The Animal Assistance Group

HuskyWillow
03-06-2011, 04:37 PM
http://animalassistancegroup.org/would-you-like-to-donate/volunteer-online-application/

Thanks, now I have to go talk to the co-op teacher tomorrow, because this isn't for community hours it's co-op placement. Like I spend a whole semester at a place doing co-op. The teacher woud have to make calls and stuff. Is there anyone I can refer him to? I can pm my name number details if anyone prefers

Joy.D
03-06-2011, 06:41 PM
I don't think TAAG is set up for that as it is a purely volunteer position. You may consider the Humane Society...Maybe Cherished Wings Bird rescue. I think Co-op is looking for you to go into a position that would be considered a job if they were hiring.

You may want to call TAAG first before you talk to your teacher to see if it possible at 705-575-7030

kitca
03-06-2011, 09:28 PM
i think there is lots at taag you could do for your placement. you just need supervision and direction and the office doesnt have regular hours. with your co op are you steady mornings or afternoons or does it change with your other classes? not only could you do hands on with the animals there in the cleaning and grooming and giving meds etc, but you could help organize fundraising and education and making posters and such. it could really be rewarding. however, i know you need someone to be there most if not all of the time. talk to chery at the above number and see. i sure hope it could work out.

HuskyWillow
03-06-2011, 09:55 PM
i think there is lots at taag you could do for your placement. you just need supervision and direction and the office doesnt have regular hours. with your co op are you steady mornings or afternoons or does it change with your other classes? not only could you do hands on with the animals there in the cleaning and grooming and giving meds etc, but you could help organize fundraising and education and making posters and such. it could really be rewarding. however, i know you need someone to be there most if not all of the time. talk to chery at the above number and see. i sure hope it could work out.

I'd do the co-op when ever I'd have the class on that day, but I'd also like to do it for community hours too. I'm going to call tomorrow sometime after school.

kitca
03-07-2011, 10:46 AM
that can make it a little harder to schedule when its not a regular time. seems like all the schools do it differently. i hope they can work something out.

Arimac
03-09-2011, 12:56 PM
try grooming shops too