PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada Threatens>>>

Coach
03-10-2011, 02:04 PM
To pull sponsorship of the NHL......BIG DEAL.....The irony is that Air Canada has given more people headaches than all the headshots combined....maybe people should not support them....hmmmmm

official soonet pu$$ycat
03-10-2011, 04:14 PM
LOL Air Canada pretending to care about people. That's so cute.

This is so blown out of proportion. This was a freak accident. To compare it to other headshots is ridiculous. The Montreal fans.. yes the same ones who riot after a quarterfinal win, were picking fights with Bruins fans after the game. They are the most pathetic fans in the world, even more than Yankees fans.

RWGR
03-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Chara's hit was bad for the timing and the place. There was really no reason to rub someone out in that fashion when the puck wasn't around. If it wouldn't have taken place next to a stanchion (sp?) it would have been a 2-minute interference penalty.

As a hockey fan I appreciate the passion for the game I see in Canadian rinks in the NHL (thanks to Center Ice TV package). But it is times like this that I wonder if, in some places (hello, Quebec) that passion doesn't go a little too far.

It's just a game.

And then Air Canada weighs-in on all this...WTF??

Jack Butler
03-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Chara's hit was bad for the timing and the place. There was really no reason to rub someone out in that fashion when the puck wasn't around. If it wouldn't have taken place next to a stanchion (sp?) it would have been a 2-minute interference penalty.

That is correct! If that glass wasn't there it would have been different!
That being said, stanchions have always been part of the rinks and this type of hit has happened before.
None this serious and none that have drawn this much attention.
It up to the players and in this case Chara, to back off...a little!
A hit half that hard would have accomplished what was needed to prevent the odd man or a breakaway.
I think Chara meant to hit him as hard as he could and therein lies the problem.
That mentality has to change.
I love physical hockey, fighting and even a little chirping, but that's not finishing your check.
I'm sure Chara regrets it, but in the heat of battle going wide open...sh*t happens...fast!
This is the same problem that they have addressed for the last few years about the mentality change, not about head shots or hits to the head.
It's about letting a guy off the hook in those crucial situation.
I think the NHLPA has to play a bigger roll and stand up against the offenders.
They need to sign an agreement that will subject offenders to suspensions by the PA.
Repeat offenders should be subject to expulsion. This would set a new standard.

official soonet pu$$ycat
03-10-2011, 08:54 PM
I don't think it was a hard hit at all. Too me it was a little bump.

Jack Butler
03-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Right!
A guy 6'9"@ 260 doesn't do anything little!
Your signature only confirms that it is you that struggles with he rules of the game....sorry!
Come to think of it, I shouldn't expect much from a cat!

official soonet pu$$ycat
03-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Right!
A guy 6'9"@ 260 doesn't do anything little!
Your signature only confirms that it is you that struggles with he rules of the game....sorry!
Come to think of it, I shouldn't expect much from a cat!

You said he shouldn't have hit him so hard. He didn't hit him hard. Its not his fault he's so big. The glass did all the work. And what rule was broken? Interference? Ya he was punished for that. Is there an intent to injure? It doesn't appear that way and the NHL agrees with me.

Jack Butler
03-10-2011, 10:13 PM
How could you miss intent to injure?
It could easily be considered an intent to injure call!
Of course it's not his fault he's 6'9".
But, IMO it's his fault for not backing off a little.
Boarding and or charging are also what it is, depending who's wearing the strips.

_daynzy
03-10-2011, 10:25 PM
They just showed the foam on the stanchion at the air canada center and it's about 5 inches thick of padding. Maybe should a league standard now?

I don't know how people can say it was a clean hit. Anyone that's played hockey knows where they are on the ice and they know where the glass ends and the glass starts everywhere. They don't change designs very often. Chara knew where he was on the boards and shouldn't have rubbed him out like that, he could have easily pulled up.

It'll be interesting to see if Komarcerik (spelling)(and he's a bum anyways) gets a suspension for his hit on Carcillio tonight. If he does, Chara definitely should.

official soonet pu$$ycat
03-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Watch on youtube now and look how he hits him. He practically just guides him. He wouldn't have fell if it weren't for the partition. After the hit watch Chara, he doesn't even look after the hit because he didn't think anything of it. He would have looked back if he was trying to hurt him. The game is too fast to plan that. It was a freak accident and he shouldn't let up on a hit. I'm all for the ban of head shots but if I wanted to see people let up I'd watch womens hockey. A bunch of women this generation is. Grow a set Butler.

Friggin liberals are destroying the world.

Jack Butler
03-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Aha, ha, ha...you think I didn't see it?
I watched it...many times, so....
A neutered cat tells me to grow a set, that's fresh!
And, it is you that is the pus sy, I don't expect you to get it!

official soonet pu$$ycat
03-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Aha, ha, ha...you think I didn't see it?
I watched it...many times, so....
A neutered cat tells me to grow a set, that's fresh!
And, it is you that is the pus sy, I don't expect you to get it!

LOL you know its really bad when a neutered cat tells you to grow a set. Chara was beat, pacioretty had too much speed going. It's instinct to try and correct that. Maybe if he actually hit him hard he just would have went into the bench instead. Face it, it was an unfortunate event. It's gonna happen in a game that fast.

May I suggest curling if you can't stomach hockey. How's that sound Jackie.

Jack Butler
03-10-2011, 10:48 PM
I can stomach hockey, you just don't get it!
That's OK, you're entitled...with the short forhead and all!

official soonet pu$$ycat
03-10-2011, 10:55 PM
I can stomach hockey, you just don't get it!
That's OK, you're entitled...with the short forhead and all!

What do Jackie Butler and the leafs have in common?

I don't know, what?

They both are winded and testy after a period.

Just kidding. I think you are a fine young lady.

Jack Butler
03-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Whatever cat!
You ain't never played the game anyway!
Next!

official soonet pu$$ycat
03-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Whatever cat!
You ain't never played the game anyway!
Next!

Next batch of cookies?

Kidding. You're right I never made the NHL. I spent my time playing touch football. You would have been so proud.

_daynzy
03-11-2011, 07:11 AM
A bunch of women this generation is.

I'd love to stay and argue this awesome point you have but I'm heading down to Detroit to watch the wings and oilers tonight.

Need me to pick up some more Jergens for your weekend alone before I leave?

official soonet pu$$ycat
03-11-2011, 10:07 AM
I'd love to stay and argue this awesome point you have but I'm heading down to Detroit to watch the wings and oilers tonight.

Need me to pick up some more Jergens for your weekend alone before I leave?

That would be wonderful thanks if it cheaper over there. I'm going to the bulk store today if you need me to by you some pads. The ones with the wings right? Go wings go!

Have a safe drive. Hold on to the driver real tight so you don't fall off.

_daynzy
03-11-2011, 03:42 PM
That would be wonderful thanks if it cheaper over there. I'm going to the bulk store today if you need me to by you some pads. The ones with the wings right? Go wings go!

Have a safe drive. Hold on to the driver real tight so you don't fall off.

haha made it alive, now enjoying a cold beer looking at the skyscrapers out the hotel window

official soonet pu$$ycat
03-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Well enjoy the game. The wings will win 5-1

RWGR
03-11-2011, 04:56 PM
haha made it alive, now enjoying a cold beer looking at the skyscrapers out the hotel window

Ren Cen?

_daynzy
03-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Ren Cen?

close, courtyard marriot.. connected to ren cen

RWGR
03-12-2011, 01:18 PM
close, courtyard marriot.. connected to ren cen

Yup, stayed there many times. I actually like it better than the Ren, the rooms are bigger.

italiandomino
03-12-2011, 05:27 PM
This is a topic that has been annoying for the last few days. and I agree with some of you on your points. I dont believe Chara intended to hurt him like that, yes there was some bad blood, but, really, chara has never been known to go for blood like that.

if this incident was in any of the smaller US cities, noone would say a word, but in Quebec, it is a capital crime.

I am glad that Bettman said Oh well to Air Canada, there will be plenty of other Air Lines that will jump to the chance to support the NHL. and I bet it will be an americian airline (can you see the headlines now !!!)

second. Quebec is looking to add another team in the NHL. How does it look that Quebec will jump to bringing in the Police on an interference call and file criminal charges against that. YEs, lets brining in another team to Quebec, that will be two police depts that will be kept busy.

Wrong place at the wrong time. That is all that was. Only the Montreal HAsbeens would make a big issue out of nothing.

official soonet pu$$ycat
03-12-2011, 09:09 PM
I agree I'd. My previous posts were my usual cat fluff but basically you said it how it is. Wrong place at the wrong time in the wrong city.

Super Gram
03-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Montreal fans and players are a bunch of whiners. The 2 hits on Crosby may end his career.

_daynzy
03-13-2011, 06:09 PM
crosby is a wuss

RWGR
03-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Montreal fans and players are a bunch of whiners. The 2 hits on Criosby may end his career.

Freudian slip??

_daynzy
03-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Yup, stayed there many times. I actually like it better than the Ren, the rooms are bigger.

The place was awesome. It was an awesome experience, was my first nhl game.

official soonet pu$$ycat
03-13-2011, 08:23 PM

You picked a good place to go for your first game. Toronto is all people in suits who don't cheer, Montreal's fans are a little too obsessive and Ottawa...well nobody cares about Ottawa.

RWGR
03-13-2011, 09:31 PM

Very cool, glad you enjoyed it. I try to make two or three games a year down there. The Joe may be old, but it's got that old barn atmosphere.

Did you get to go to Hockeytown Cafe or Cobo Joes?

official soonet pu$$ycat
03-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Cobo Joes is the greatest sports bar on earth. I met the girl of my dreams there, our waitress. If only she felt the same way.

_daynzy
03-13-2011, 11:29 PM
I wish. We didnt have time to really go anywhere, had to be in Saginaw saturday morning. By the time we actually got on the train to head back after the game it was midnight.

RWGR
03-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Cobo Joes is the greatest sports bar on earth. I met the girl of my dreams there, our waitress. If only she felt the same way.

I met a hottie or two at Joe's, too. Like you, not sure if the feelings were mutual.

Oscar_Leroy
03-16-2011, 02:59 AM
It's not Chara's fault that he is so damn big, but at the same time, it is his responsibility as a player to make sure he plays within the rules of the game. I love intense hockey, and huge checks are one of my favorite things. I think it all boils down to bad positioning and an irresponsible play on Chara's part. It's an unfortunate play for sure, but one that could have been avoided if Chara was more careful.

I don't think he had an intent to injure though.

Super Gram
03-16-2011, 04:59 PM
If that post had been padded better, nothing would have happened......I hope he enjoyed the last game.he sure lookedd good for someone finished with hockey.

_daynzy
03-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Anyone see heatleys douche move against steve ott last night? Now that was blatant and should be a suspension, he tried to hurt him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sda52NnvndM

_daynzy
03-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Looks like he got suspended for it.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/SanJose/2011/03/16/17645786.html?cid=rsssportsslam!%20hockey

Super Gram
03-17-2011, 06:41 AM
crosby is a wuss

So maybe we should ADD, subtract, multiply and divide

_daynzy
03-17-2011, 08:23 AM
So maybe we should ADD, subtract, multiply and divide

huh?

Jack Butler
03-17-2011, 01:41 PM
crosby is a wuss

huh?

Jack Butler
03-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Team doctors informed the coach that Pacioretty will be able to resume training, with contact, in three to five weeks.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/article/955577--pacioretty-may-be-able-to-return-in-time-for-playoffs-habs-coach?bn=1