PDA

View Full Version : Sid to Retire?

RWGR
03-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Bob McCown on Fan590 in Toronto just said he has heard Sidney Crosby’s family is trying to convince him to retire from the game.

Telling him he has accomplished everything in the game and don’t want him to risk any more injuries.

http://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/

Strife
03-13-2011, 10:09 PM
If everyone retired after accomplishing everything in the game, we wouldnt have many memories that we do now. I'm sure some of the older folk could never get tired of watching Gretzky dance his way around a defenseman before scoring a goal. Or how about Mario Lemieux? Steve Yzerman? The kid still has alot of years ahead of him to distinguish between a great career and a great era.

Super Gram
03-16-2011, 04:53 PM
When Sid was asked that question on TSN, he said "defintley not".

I would like to say that Sid will not be back this year jmo. If he does, I think he would be silly. He still has mild headaches once in awhile. I believe he had a concussion after that first hit. That was a real bad one. Players that aren't that good. Like to take liberties on the good players..........how about Savard??????????:confused2:

Bob Toe
03-20-2011, 08:16 PM
I pray that Sid takes the family advice and retires. The organization will not just let him go, he is too valuable to the training of the younger players coming on board. There is a place for him in hockey, just not on the ice risking more serious injury.