PDA

View Full Version : Thwap!!

RWGR
03-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Jiri Hudler broke a third-period tie and added an assist, Henrik Zetterberg also had a goal and an assist and Detroit beat the Toronto Maple Leafs 4-2 on Saturday night in an Original Six matchup before a lively and enthusiastic crowd featuring a significant amount of Toronto fans.

Nazem Kadri also scored for Toronto, whose already slim playoff chances suffered a huge blow. James Reimer made 25 saves.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/recap;_ylt=AksNPsM3dCBrNHUNozrErfp7vLYF?gid=201103 2605

Golf Leafs Golf!!

Jack Butler
03-27-2011, 02:32 PM
How's Howard?
Without him.....ummm, you could be in trouble!

_daynzy
03-27-2011, 08:29 PM
Not really. People don't realize that Joey Macdonald is an amazing goalie. Osgood also has a chance to be back for playoffs. They can do without Howard for a while.

official soonet pu$$ycat
03-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Howard is going to be fine. Plus I think they did the Leaf fans a favour. There are some that thought they had any chance. If this didn't put the final putt in on the 18th green, I don't know what will. Or is it final nail in the coffin? Whatever the saying is.

WingNut
03-28-2011, 10:07 AM
RWGR, Was down at the Joe for that game, great game it was. What a wild atmosphere. A great time was had by all, well maybe not some leaf fans!

RWGR
03-28-2011, 01:20 PM
RWGR, Was down at the Joe for that game, great game it was. What a wild atmosphere. A great time was had by all, well maybe not some leaf fans!

Looked like a very fun game to be at. Great crowd, you could even tell from T.V.

I had tickets for the game, but backed-out a few weeks ago due to a more urgent commitment.

Hopefully I can make it to a playoff game this year.

RWGR
03-28-2011, 01:22 PM
How's Howard?

No, without a better commitment to team defense and smoother transitioning out of the defensive zone we will be in trouble...I don't care if Terry Sawchuck in his prime was in goal right now.

Jack Butler
03-28-2011, 04:39 PM
We'll see!

RWGR
03-28-2011, 06:50 PM
It's a good thing you Leafs fans are acclimated to hockey stopping by mid-April. That way you don't have to worry about how your team will do in the playoffs.

WingNut
03-28-2011, 07:10 PM
No, without a better commitment to team defense and smoother transitioning out of the defensive zone we will be in trouble...I don't care if Terry Sawchuck in his prime was in goal right now.

The wings were turning over the puck all night below the goal line, as soon as T.O. put pressure on them behind the net it was like panic city. Have to shore up the defence for sure. Playoff game would be wild RWGR, what an atmosphere there Sat. night.

RWGR
03-28-2011, 07:22 PM
The wings were turning over the puck all night below the goal line, as soon as T.O. put pressure on them behind the net it was like panic city. Have to shore up the defence for sure. Playoff game would be wild RWGR, what an atmosphere there Sat. night.

There really is a sense of panic down low like that. Can't figure that one out.

A good forecheck is throwing the Wings right off their game plan.

WingNut
03-28-2011, 08:03 PM
They seem to take too much time to setup, not like before when you had 2 quick passes and they are over the other teams blue line. I sure hoped Datsyuk was in the lineup, absolute magician with the puck.

RWGR
03-28-2011, 08:22 PM
It will be very interesting to see how they respond to a desperate Hawks team tonight.

Playoffs just around the corner, time to 'flip the switch', if that switch exists this year.

WingNut
03-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Game is on versus right now 7:30 start time.

_daynzy
03-28-2011, 11:21 PM
The announcer said there was like 5 fights in in the stands at the wings vs maple leafs game.

WingNut
03-29-2011, 12:24 AM
We saw two of them in one section break out one after the other. It happened on a tv time out, these 2 guys rolled down about 18-20 stairs tumbling ass over tea kettle. One guy had his hand cut pretty bad, the paramedics were attending to him.

Jack Butler
03-31-2011, 09:37 AM
How's Howard?

So, how is it going so far?

official soonet pu$$ycat
03-31-2011, 08:49 PM
So, how is it going so far?

Terrible! Now they will win their division by 2 less points. OUCH!

Jack Butler
04-01-2011, 10:50 AM
You wish!