PDA

View Full Version : a certain vet in the soo

trigger519
08-09-2007, 01:59 AM
I am sooooooo mad right now. I called the animal hotline because my cat is lifeless and is barely breathing . The vet informed me he was to busy and that i could deal with it tomorrow.I plan on writing to all of the papers,the mayor,the MP. But does anyone know how i can deal with this perticular vet? thanks in advance.

trigger519
08-09-2007, 02:26 AM
well thank you to this wonderful vet service in this town, my cat just past away in my arms 10 minutes ago, and my daughter, which it was her cat, is totally devasted, I do hope this ignorant vet reads this cause my hat goes off to you for your wonderful service and your compassion for both animals and humans

Babzz
08-09-2007, 02:27 AM
hugs to you all..
I am so sorry. So much sadness on the site tonight

trigger519
08-09-2007, 02:35 AM
Thank you Babzz.

lakb
08-09-2007, 10:07 AM
there must be a governing board for vets in ontario simular to the Dr's. I would try looking there and putting in a formal complaint.

SOOOO sorry about your loss. I guess no animal or human can get good health care in the soo

Sara
08-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Sorry for your loss /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

MagicFingers
08-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Here is the contact info for the Canadian Veterinary Medical association. I would suggest you contact them and report the vet.

Canadian Veterinary Medical Association
339 Booth Street
Ottawa, ON
K1R 7K1
Tel: (613) 236-1162
Fax: (613) 236-9681
Email: admin@cvma-acmv.org

LettuceLady
08-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Aw no! I am so sorry for your loss. Thats horrible!
Can you tell us who the vet was?

trigger519
08-09-2007, 12:33 PM
magic fingers, thank you but I already dug that information up, they are next on my list of contacts. I've already written letters to two papers, and two government officials.

A*lil*Loopy
08-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Make sure that you write down the time/date that you called because they are on call and it's not always the same vet.
I'm sorry that you lost your cat.

Karen-Annie
08-09-2007, 01:45 PM
I wonder if it is the same vet that was on call a few years back.Put in a call about 10:30 on a Sun.night,explained what was going on and said I thought it sounded like congestive heart failure given that Fonzie had a heart murmer,he said "What,are you a nurse of something?",I said "Yes as a matter of fact I am and I was a coronary care nurse.","He said "WEll,I don't believe this is an emergency and I'm not going to see him." Well,thank God we live in a border city.I'd never dealt with a Soo,Mi.vet but I called McCrumb's #,they called back within 5 minutes,I explained what was going on and that the on-call vet wouldn't see him.Cindy said "Meet me in 1/2 hour at the clinic."We got there,she checked him thoroughly said she was going to do some x-rays and give him meds and keep him overnight and to call Mon.afternoon to see if he could come home.When we went to pick him up she told us that she really hadn't expected to make the night but the meds did the trick-and I was right,it was CHF.When I had called Sun.night,they had just got home from camp and she had a bad cold but she came out willingly for somebody she didn't even know.The next day,my hubby dropped in to our regular vets office,told him what had happened and said we would stay with McCrumbs until Fonzie was stable because we weren't going to take a chance on getting that fool again.

REALLY sounds like the same vet on call,doesn't it?

I'm so sorry you lost your pet.((((hugs)))) to you and your daughter.

DogsRule
08-09-2007, 03:22 PM
That really sucks, and EVERY time I have to deal with a vet or a doctor, my faith in them dimishes a bit more.

I went to 4 Vets before the 4th finally listened to me and put my dog on something for a Staph infection.

And I just got home from a battle with a Doctor, so I am even more pissed off right now at our "medical teams" here in Canada.

I'm really sorry about your kitty, but it sure seems any idiot who is really good in science/math can be a doc/vet huh?

Lollypop
08-09-2007, 04:59 PM
sorry about your kitty
hugs to your daughter

shy1
08-09-2007, 05:55 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, that is just awful, I sure hope it is not my vet, they seem to forget our pets are our family,

LettuceLady
08-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Are you going to tell us which vet? Can you PM me who it is? Id like to know so that I can avoid going there.

tippikitty
08-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Awww no that really is too bad. Was it an old cat? Poor thing. There is no excuse. I went through a similar thing and yes my cat did die a couple hours after but I was able to get it to the vet first and have him put down to lessen any prolong suffering it would have taken to get to the enviable.
I would also like to know the vets name.

kitca
08-09-2007, 11:37 PM
so sorry for your loss...

Intangible
08-10-2007, 12:47 AM
You can also speak to the president of the Algoma Academy of Vet Medicine, and I think it is Dr. Poitras on Tilley Road.

trigger519
08-10-2007, 12:29 PM
thank you all for your thoughts and warm wishes, unfortunately he would not give me his name, but I do have a way of finding out. He was not even two years old, and it was as if he was having strokes, I know an on-call nurse for vets and she said there was no excuse for that, he could have said bring the cat in and the nurse could have put him on iv until the doctor could see him. I've talked to numerous people and this seems to be an ongoing problem.

Karen-Annie
08-10-2007, 02:46 PM
PM to you,trigger.

kitty&mimi
08-11-2007, 01:31 PM
omg
how stupid is that vet?????
im scared for my cats...they're healthy but what if something really bad happens sometime? im scared to get an idiot vet....

Evangeline
08-11-2007, 02:53 PM
exactly, thats why I don't use a canadian vet, h ell with that "on call" bull

trigger519
08-11-2007, 11:00 PM
unfortunately, at this time, I've never been across the river, and would get lost even with a drawn out map. I even tried thinking of anyone I knew that does go across to get a ride, but the brain was not exactly functioning. however, I do believe on-call is just that, it should not matter if you are a client, non-client, or go across the river, and emergency is an emergency,your calling after hours for a reason, and that goes for any dr.s, be it animals, humans etc. It makes you second guess whether they go into the profession because they truly want to help, animals humans etc, or is the money that lured them in., and even if they are so overwhelmed because half the city is having an emergency, there should be a secondary person to call, if things get out of hand. Sorry just a little rant after some of the posts i've read in the other pet section and this one

BlackMagicWizard
08-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Hello Tigger..just a note to say hugs to you and your daughter. The lost of a pet is always horrible to deal with....especially in your case with of vet who did not care. I often wonder how many vets are in the business just for the money. I had a similiar situation happen to me but what saved my Krystal (dog) was Cindy McCrumb. The McCrumbs are wonderful and I have my pets now going to them. The sad part is I also keep a vet on this side so that in case an emergency does happen the vet on call should take me hopefully without this problem. Good luck trying to get satisfaction for the ill doing you received.