PDA

View Full Version : Empaths

Larimar
08-09-2007, 04:05 AM
Just trying to get some topics started here, this forum seems to be less and less active ..

Here is another "article" I've written on my site, to view more of it look at the Empath section on my site.

"Empaths

The knowledge I have on empathic people that I share here -comes from past research, my own spirit guides, and my own experiences.

Empathic people are able to feel the emotions, physical pains, and energy off of another person. Due to the overwhelming amount of energy spilling into an empathic persons aura they can become immensely drained of their own energy. That is why these individuals prefer to be in a secluded room alone, or with other positive people. A crowd of emotional people can hurt empaths, and they do learn to stay clear of those situations.

Empathic people are able to gain an understanding of how another person feels, because they can literally feel the same energy radiating off of them. The purpose of this ability is to give the empath compassion and a deep understanding of the personís needs so that they can help them on a level no other person can. Of course, many empaths never take the time to learn their abilities and instead of using the emotions of others to help them, they get taken over. Letí say an individual is over taken with rage and needs help immidiatly. This will send a signal to the empath. The empath may accidentally believe the rage they are feeling is their own and get angry instead of using love and compassion to help another person.
Another mistake that could be made is to believe that certain energy is directed at oneself as a personal attack. As an empath all energies have the potential to be directed upon you. This is the energies way of finding help from you. So if an individual is feeling angry at a problem they are having, but are talking to you (The Empath) fine and dandy as though nothing is wrong, you will feel that energy coming off of them, all that rage and anger will be felt regadless of their efforts to hide it. However, some empaths mistake that energy as being anger at them and not some other issue. It takes practice to know where the energy is really directed. It is important not to assume before proceeding with a reaction.

Empaths by nature hurt easily. They are highly sensitive, especially to words because words hold so much energy and power. Words can make a person feel really good about themselves or they can put a person down. Empathic people will discover that they can see through a personís true intentions if they concentrate. Quick reactions and assumptions wonít work, however if they truly looked deep into the words and soul of the other person no insult will get past them no matter how nice it comes out. Empaths also will know exactly what words to use in any situation. This is because they know what exactly will make a person feel good about themselves. Many are afraid to use those words and to live up to that ability in a world with so much negativity. The opposite is also true. They will know what ticks a person off. The slightest word to use that could mean nothing to someone else but everything to that one person. That is why empaths need to keep emotionally balanced to make sure rage is never an issue. Empathy was given to them to help others, and words are what they are best at. Good and kind words will pop up in their minds as something to say, no matter how slight and simple it will sound it is up to the empath to say it. "

--continued on my site.

Are you an empath?
is your child?
Any experiences?

(excuse the typos )

BloodMoon
08-15-2007, 10:18 PM
OMG that is so me

Larimar
08-16-2007, 02:23 AM
Cool!
You can read more on my site-address in my sig.

Larimar
08-17-2007, 04:11 PM
I think you are thinking more so along the lines of empathy- the emotional connection which can have to do with a lot of other illnesses as well.

Being a psychic empath entails the individual to be able to "feel" even physical pain without knowing it occured in the other person-For example My friend once banged her knee and got a huge bruise-b.c I had a huge connection to that friend I developed a bruise on my knee at the same time she hit hers on something. I got ahold of her as soon as a mysterious bruise came on my knee b.c she was always the first person I'd tell strange things too- She told me how she had one also-from banging her knee.

This sort of psychic empathic ability can come thru for anyone when you have a strong bond with a person. Other times I will just feel the pain-like if I were sitting near a stranger and I'd feel my head start to ache I would ask them if they had a headache, and they would say yes. Same can happen regarding their emotions also.

There is a psychological term of Empathy but it's not the same and should be divided from it's psychic meaning.

Hope that helps differentiate between the two /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Whether one believes in the psychic term or not- the psychological term has a different meaning though can look very similar at first glance. It takes a bit of studying to see both sides are different. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
hope this helps.

dancingqueen
08-21-2007, 08:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DreamSpirit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My friend once banged her knee and got a huge bruise-b.c I had a huge connection to that friend I developed a bruise on my knee at the same time she hit hers on something. I got ahold of her as soon as a mysterious bruise came on my knee b.c she was always the first person I'd tell strange things too- She told me how she had one also-from banging her knee.
</div></div>

I gotta say, I am a little sceptic in this example.

Lots of times, many people get scrapes and bruises they don't know where they came from. It because either you have a terrible memorie, or you thrash around in your sleep.
I also gotta ask, when you go up to complete strangers and ask them if they have a headache, don't they look at you weird? Why would you do that? you gotta admit, if some stranger just walked up by you and said "do you have a headache?" that you would think them to be a weird-o or maybe feel a little uncomfortable?

I'm not trying to be mean or accuse you of anthing, I'm just a little sceptic

dancingqueen
08-21-2007, 08:04 AM
by the way, "empathic" is a discription word describing understanding of an emotion ie. he was very empathic in discussing her pain
I think the proper word would be "emapath" to be a person who fits the discription you mention

sage
08-21-2007, 01:39 PM
PM to you Dreamspirit.

Larimar
08-21-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm not here to make people believers so I'm okay with you being skeptical. To answer your question -have you ever just sat down at the park to have someone sit beside you? drum up a conversation about the weather? I just ask them if I feel they are nice people I can be frank with and at times you can ask them if they believe in psychics and if they don't I wont say anything. It's not like I would walk up to someone and ask it out of nowhere, I was only trying to give an example of how truly "psychic" the ability is and not just reading someones emotions-It's not.
I would more so be using this ability during reading sessions.
If I feel a pain from the spirit world I would know the person we are speaking to that's deceased may have gone through the pain.

Another example was when I was doing a reading, someone said "how is my baby?"
I started to shake, literaly and then couldnt breathe. I did my best to try and excuse myself from the table but no doubt I looked like an idiot.
I came back after a glass of water and told them about being an empath and -I can't remember exactly what I said but something like it felt like seizures..and they said their baby son always had seizures and they came to find out if they'd stop on their own.
When I feel it that strongly it usually means see a doctor about it.

As for approaching ppl when I sense something psychically I usually am not afraid to though..I mean, I grew up with it-it's normal for me and many ppl are open to hearing free readings anyhow. They do not look at me weird haha.

I hope this answered your question, I 'm a bit rambly b.c i'm so tired right now. HaD my kiddy cousins over and it's been loud here lol.

Please remember when I use the word empathy or empath i'm reffering to the psychic meaning and not websters.

hope this helps!

If you have any other questions I'll try to answer them. I'm not all knowing about it, I just do this naturally so I still have much to learn. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Larimar
08-21-2007, 04:07 PM
"Being a psychic empath entails the individual to be able to "feel" even physical pain without knowing it occured in the other person-For example My friend once banged her knee and got a huge bruise-b.c I had a huge connection to that friend I developed a bruise on my knee at the same time she hit hers on something. I got ahold of her as soon as a mysterious bruise came on my knee b.c she was always the first person I'd tell strange things too- She told me how she had one also-from banging her knee. "

This may make you skeptical, but it's only one in thousands of experiences i've had since birth.
What happened was she and I were chatting on MSN and i told her i'd brb b.c I needed to change and get ready , she said okay..
I looked down at my leg and saw a mark on my knee-I know I didn't touch anything and didn't hit it. This was also weird b.c my friends bruise appeared right away after the bang..which I thought bruises took a while to show. I'm not a bruise expert though. Anyways, I saw the bruise and was like that's odd let me tell my friend(b.c I always told her when weird things hapened. )
more or less at the same time I typed i have a bruise on my knee and i dunno where it came from!!
she was typing i could see on the screen the same time as me, she wrote..OMG i hit my knee so hard!!!
SHE Told me there was a small bruise developing there.

I just thought it was very odd. It's not the only thing that happened to us. I think b.c we were both close friends and both psychic we had some odd stuff happening.
I have really weird stories LOL. I just don't like posting too much on soonet, b.c well-like any normal person I don't wanna be bashed :p

I guess that's all I can say for now..hope that explains it. It's okay if you don't believe it. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif