PDA

View Full Version : (Please help me) Windows Vista Home Premium issue

sweetness2008
04-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Norton Symantec problem: My sister installed a Norton antivirus program onto her computer but it has caused her nothing but grief. She keeps getting these errors when she starts her computer like tdi and ndis drivers incapibility with your computer.. she said it is a settings alert... As well, she got this PC Confidentiality thing on her computer and can't uninstall it....

I don't know if I can remotely help her cause I have Windows XP home edition and she has Windows Vista Home Premium, if I can, How do I do it?

Darleen

codename
04-19-2011, 03:25 PM
I believe there is a software removal tool you need to download from the Symantec website.

Strife
04-19-2011, 06:13 PM
You can search Google for a removal tool for Norton. I am pretty sure its available on their site but it might be hard to find.

Here's the Norton Removal Tool: ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe

Make sure that she saves the program to her desktop. Run the program and once its finished, reboot.

As for the PC Confidential, I am absolutely sure it is malware which would be the reason why its difficult to uninstall. Install Super Antispyware from www.superantispyware.com. Click on the red button that says "Free Edition Download". Install the program and make sure that it is fully updated.

Next, get the computer into safe mode. To do that, turn off the computer. Turn it back on and start tapping the "F8" key. Using the arrow keys, select "Safe Mode" and press enter. Press enter on your operating system and the next screen will scroll with a bunch of info. When it asks you to log in, select an account. Once your in, open up Super Antispyware and run a full scan. That should fix it.