PDA

View Full Version : worms?

kitca
05-04-2011, 10:11 PM
i have never had this problem before and im wondering if there is a persistant strain of worm out there. yes, im going to call the vet in the morning, but thought id ask here for some opinions.

its peisha, who had every kind of parisite known to man from being back in the bush. she has been dewormed 2 times. but i am noticing some things i noticed before that make me think that the worms are coming back. she was dewormed when we got her and a few weeks later she began having very bad diarheah. then her poops were coated with a slimy looking almost mucus lining ( i was putting her on a new food so thought it was from the new food) then it went away and a little while later her poops were crawling with worms. so i got worm pills at the vets and gave them to her. then a few weeks later the diahreah is back and that mucus is starting. she it biting at her bum area too, like its really itchy.

so, could it be that the worms came back somehow? that is what i am thinking. i think this time the dr. will want to see her and a sample maybe, i dont know. or is it fairly normal for them to need a couple of doses to get rid of them?

Luv'inLife
05-04-2011, 10:24 PM
thats kind of odd, my dog had puppies and all were dewormed, only 1 pup has been dewormed twice...and she is still showing the odd worm in her stool...and yes we got the wormer from the vet...let me know what your vet says kitca...mutant worms!!!

Mimi
05-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Kitca, have you tried a dose of Revolution on her? Wormers don't necessarily kill all types of worms. Tapeworm needs a special pill. There are also things like Giardia from drinking bad water outside which can cause the runs. I had a foster kitten once and he had an intestinal bacteria that had to be treated with antibiotics. You may have to try several different solutions to solve the problem totally. Your Vet will know best what to try next.

TNT
05-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Dogs with compromised immune systems often have a difficult time with parasites. ESPECIALLY this time of year. Outside is crawling with things your dog can pick-up.