PDA

View Full Version : Missing kitty..

Giggle Squirt
05-05-2011, 06:44 PM
My cat got out. She has never been out before. My dog jumped up on the window sill and popped the screen out because some stray dog got in our yard and the cat was on the window sill and well out went the cat. So please save your comments about being a horrible pet owner. I just want my cat back. Here is a picture of her. She is fixed, not declawed and loves attention. All of her shots are up to date but she does not wear a collar. I am really missing her. This is the mcallen/letcher/goulais/ect area.Message me on here or call me... 256 9520 http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg269/maneater2008/BERLIN.jpg

Giggle Squirt
05-05-2011, 07:01 PM
ps her name is Berlin. she usually comes when called.

Craig Huckerby
05-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Hope you get her back

Giggle Squirt
05-05-2011, 07:51 PM
I hope so to. I left some food on the back steps but I work overnight shifts so I won't be able to sit out and watch for her. I also can't go looking for her since I have kiddlets in bed. UGH... I have no idea what to do I have never had to catch a cat before. She has been outside but always on a leash and harness. She would just lay in the sun. Any tips on kitty catching? She is super friendly. I am feeling sick over this.. I hope it does not rain tonight.

MagicFingers
05-05-2011, 07:54 PM
You would be surprised how far she does not go. I always worried about my cats getting out tried to keep them in. It worked for all but one. And yes she was fixed but was used to being outside since she was a stray when I rescued her. I thought for sure she would run away, get lost or just plane not come back and she always has. We even moved 3 times and each time she went outside at the new place and never ventured far.

Even my indoor cat who sometimes gets out as she knows how to open the screen door never goes far. She actually got out earlier today and found her croutched down on the deck under the chair. I think she was afraid there was nothing over her head.

Giggle Squirt
05-05-2011, 08:04 PM
She was a stray when I got her over three years ago. She has been content with staying indoors. She tried to escape once when we first got her but tripped my toddler and he fell on her and that was the end of that. I hope i get her soon.

Hope
05-05-2011, 11:26 PM
Aww, hope you find her.

MagicFingers
05-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Has she come home?

kitca
05-06-2011, 09:03 AM
hopefullyshe hasnt gone too far away and is just scared and you find her soon. i sure hope.

HDV
05-06-2011, 10:01 AM
She has been outside but always on a leash and harness. She would just lay in the sun.

In your first post you said she has never been outside..lol Im not busting your chops... :P I really hope you find her. I would be sick if my pets went missing. I live right by you I will keep a eye out for her. I may go for a walk later if the day clears up. i will look around for you.

Giggle Squirt
05-06-2011, 09:06 PM
OMG i meant as an out door cat. FFS.

Giggle Squirt
05-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Has she come home?
nope still no sign of her.

Peety
05-06-2011, 09:33 PM
I hope you find her,

Giggle Squirt
05-07-2011, 08:48 AM
still no sign of her. Three days and no kitty. I am pretty close to sitting outside on my back deck all night to see if she comes around. What else can I do to try to catch a kitty I can't even see.

Mimi
05-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Go check at the Humane Society. Lots of people pick up strays and drop them off there. Most end up unclaimed. You must tell them at the Desk about your cat and check for yourself.

TNT
05-07-2011, 10:22 AM
still no sign of her. Three days and no kitty. I am pretty close to sitting outside on my back deck all night to see if she comes around. What else can I do to try to catch a kitty I can't even see.

aw im sure you're a mess. I would be too. So frustrating! I hope you find her, dont give up. :)

Giggle Squirt
05-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Still no kitty. Taag and the hs has not seen her yet. Going on four days. Maybe I should just accept that she is not coming home.

magic mushroom
05-08-2011, 03:05 PM
oh goodness don't give up, she could be stuck in a shed, under a deck anything. have you asked your neighbors to check around their yards?
someone lost their cat and found it 6 months later.
so never give up on your furry friends.

kitca
05-08-2011, 10:13 PM
oh no, dont give up. my neighbours cat got scared by a dog and ended up about half a mile away. he put up signs and notices and someone called him a week or so later saying he noticed a scared stray matching the description in the area. my neighbour went up there for 2-3-4 days before he finally got her. now shes safe and sound and back at home.

Giggle Squirt
05-09-2011, 07:10 AM
we got a text message last night from someone who thought they had our cat. I almost threw up when I got the message. It read... I think we have your cat she has fresh stitches... all i could think of was omg what happened to my cat. After getting them to clarify it was a cat who was just fixed who had fresh stitches on her belly.

Mimi
05-09-2011, 09:22 AM
There is a cat missing who was newly spayed that was just adopted from the Humane Society. See Zelda in Lost Section (photo). If you have the persons phone number, please tell them to call the Humane Society at 705 949-3573

Posted in Lost & Found:

Lost Cat - Recent Surgery

Zelda was adopted a few days ago from the Humane Society and has escaped from her new home.
She had just been Spayed and has an incision on her belly which was shaved for surgery.
If you have seen Zelda call the Humane Society at 705-949-3573

SooPets
05-09-2011, 10:42 AM
That cat that was found with the fresh sutures is too much of a coincidence to not be the missing cat that was just adopted named Zelda.

Never give up on your own missing cat as they can easily turn up much later lots of times. My son's 2 dogs went missing years ago, and one turned up pretty fast, but the bigger husky turned up WEEKS later. My son thought he was done for but he was not. It was one of those winters with steady -30 temperatures on top of all that. The Humane Society contacted him when they found him wandering up the road on his way back to his home.

Keep in touch with the Humane Society as they get MANY stray cats in at this time of year and it's hard to keep track of them all with so many coming through daily, so it is important that keep in touch with them constantly.

HDV
05-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Cats know how to get back home almost always. I use to have a dog that i would take with me to my parents and friends, and just by driving him there once he would escape and run to my moms house..lol she lives far away too.. Hope he comes home soon. I ll keep a eye out

chantelle7
05-10-2011, 12:36 PM
I am in the same neighborhood as you, I tried taking my dog out for a walk around the block yesterday, see if i could spot your cat for you but no luck. I hope your baby gets home safe.

Giggle Squirt
05-12-2011, 06:02 AM
Still nothing. I really miss her :(

Peety
05-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Hopefully she is at someones house,

Giggle Squirt
05-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Thanks to my babysitter my kitty is home. And no I don't have the number of the other person with the kitty. I deleted it.. I hope the other kitty gets home.

Mimi
05-14-2011, 10:04 AM
The other kitty was brought to the Humane Society and re-united with it's owner. I am guessing it was the person who texted you.
Let the Shelter know your kitty has been found. I saw her poster up on the wall.

TNT
05-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Aw so happy to hear!

MagicFingers
05-14-2011, 02:52 PM
So what happened how was your kitty found and where. and I am so happy you found her.

Super Gram
05-16-2011, 08:58 AM
I am happy you found your kitty too.

kitca
05-16-2011, 10:20 AM
yeah!!! double good news!!!