PDA

View Full Version : peanut eaters

kitca
05-29-2011, 11:27 PM
do any of your dogs eat peanuts? i keep a bag of peanuts in the shell at the back door and throw a handful out for the birds every morning. our peisha has taken to taking them out one at a time and biting at them very carefully to get the nuts out. i have never seen anything like this before.

GoldenGirl
05-29-2011, 11:45 PM
I think most dogs like peanuts. Most dogs like peanut butter. My dogs eat peanuts, but I've never given them ones still in the shell. Something tells me they'd just gobble down the entire thing.

bluekrissyspikes
05-30-2011, 12:35 AM
my moms dog bites it and then spits it out and gets the peices of nuts.

bohd
05-30-2011, 11:28 AM
our dogs love walnuts....so i think peanuts would suit them too

do any of your dogs eat peanuts? i keep a bag of peanuts in the shell at the back door and throw a handful out for the birds every morning. our peisha has taken to taking them out one at a time and biting at them very carefully to get the nuts out. i have never seen anything like this before.

kitca
05-30-2011, 10:24 PM
thanks. its just so funny that she knows to get the nut and gently open it to eat the peanut inside. now i have a darn mess of peanut shells to clean, lol.

Giggle Squirt
06-06-2011, 08:37 PM
my bella does that also. She will gently open the shell and eat the peanuts. my other dog will just eat the whole thing so i have to open his.

nugnug
06-19-2011, 12:46 PM
both our beagles like peanuts, my parrott sometimes throws his on the floor they both race for them and bite them to get it out of the shell, they also love zupreem cockatiel food and the other seeds that hit the flor, no need for a vaccuum a my house!!!