PDA

View Full Version : Handyman

_daynzy
05-30-2011, 11:30 AM
What's "lame" about facts, ... I thought that is what sports gurus like you thrive on....

How is "We have exciting football.. they have boring football" a fact? Sounds more like an opinion.
Pretty sure CFL/CIS football lacks the excitement you speak of.

How is "We invented basketball.. they make it into a hood sport" a fact?

Jack Butler
05-30-2011, 01:07 PM
You started a thread over that?
Ha, ha, ha...don't take it personal, it's just the sports section!

_daynzy
05-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Why take the Internet personal jack?

Jack Butler
05-30-2011, 01:29 PM
OK...why?

Bill Nash
05-30-2011, 10:23 PM
You started a thread over that?
Ha, ha, ha...don't take it personal, it's just the sports section!

Yeah, ... right, .... he calls my post lame, then makes a post over it. Sort of like hyper-lame.

Bill Nash
05-30-2011, 10:28 PM
How is "We have exciting football.. they have boring football" a fact? Sounds more like an opinion.
Pretty sure CFL/CIS football lacks the excitement you speak of.

How is "We invented basketball.. they make it into a hood sport" a fact?

How can you refute either.

Canadian football is far more exciting, ... try following it sometime.

We DID invent basketball. The players they fill the game with have one foot in prison, .... pulling guns in locker rooms, ... I rest my case.

_daynzy
05-31-2011, 08:01 AM
How can you refute either.

Canadian football is far more exciting, ... try following it sometime.

We DID invent basketball. The players they fill the game with have one foot in prison, .... pulling guns in locker rooms, ... I rest my case.

lololololololololololololololololololol

RWGR
05-31-2011, 10:02 AM
Even Canadians don't like Canadian football. The NFL is big in Canada. The CFL (is that the name of that league?) has little fan support outside of the cities (how many are there, five?) that host teams.

Jack Butler
05-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Average television audience for a Canadian Football League game is 807,000, better than TSN draws for a National Hockey League game. So far, more than 11 million people have watched the four CFL playoff games on cable. Last Sunday, a record TV audience of 2.54 million people viewed the West final between Saskatchewan and Calgary.

https://secure.globeadvisor.com/servlet/ArticleNews/story/gam/20101126/SPCFLBUSINESS26ATL

Do you ever tire of being wrong?

RWGR
05-31-2011, 01:19 PM
807,000? Is that all??

Last night’s Monday Night Football game featuring undefeated New England at Baltimore delivered a national average audience of 687,000 viewers, making it the most-watched NFL game in TSN history.

Audience levels peaked at 1,069,000 viewers in the final 18 minutes of the game as the Patriots, with their perfect season on the line, put the finishing touches on a last minute come-from-behind victory.

http://www.nflcanada.com/News/2007/12/04/4707265.html

RWGR
05-31-2011, 01:20 PM
SUPER BOWL XLIV is the most-watched SUPER BOWL ever with a record audience of 6.7 million viewers in Canada on CTV (6.025 million) and RDS (650,000) last night.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=309467

Even Canadians know the NFL is a far, far, far superior product to the CFL (is that what it's called?)

Jack Butler
05-31-2011, 03:07 PM
I proved you wrong, again, so...
...moving on!

official soonet pu$$ycat
05-31-2011, 06:12 PM
ADD, you're a State fan? Why didn't you say so.

_daynzy
05-31-2011, 09:32 PM
Yup, bleed green and white.

Jack you lost a long time ago.

official soonet pu$$ycat
05-31-2011, 10:05 PM
Yup, bleed green and white.

Jack you lost a long time ago.

That's awesome. I didn't think anyone here paid any attention to college let alone the Spartans.

As for Jack, seriously? I'm a huge Lions fan and I still haven't turned to the CFL for comfort.

Bill Nash
05-31-2011, 11:50 PM
ADD, you're a State fan? Why didn't you say so.

The avatar wasn't a clue?

Bill Nash
05-31-2011, 11:53 PM
That's awesome. I didn't think anyone here paid any attention to college let alone the Spartans.

As for Jack, seriously? I'm a huge Lions fan and I still haven't turned to the CFL for comfort.

Anyone that follows the Lions doesn't know football anyways, .... (just joking Cat), .... but really, you have to have a spot in your heart for the Hamilton TC's?

Jack Butler
06-01-2011, 07:30 AM
I haven't lost anything.
The numbers were off, so I proved him wrong.
Next!

official soonet pu$$ycat
06-01-2011, 09:20 AM
The avatar wasn't a clue?

lol that avatar was the only clue. It must be a new avatar because I never noticed.

official soonet pu$$ycat
06-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Anyone that follows the Lions doesn't know football anyways, .... (just joking Cat), .... but really, you have to have a spot in your heart for the Hamilton TC's?

It's ok I get Lions jokes so much I'm immune to it but they are on the way up now so I'm happy. To be honest I enjoy a little sports gambling and have tried the CFL. Even with money on the game I just couldn't get into it. I gave it a few times but nothing. The final straw is when I was watching a 1-0 game.

_daynzy
06-01-2011, 10:27 AM

Pretty much just hockey and football for college sports. Go to a few games of each a year. Like it 10x better than the NFL.

official soonet pu$$ycat
06-01-2011, 11:18 AM
I like football and basketball. I try to make it to a game for each once a year. This year I just went to the one basketball. But you're right it is so much better than the NFL and 100X better than the NBA. They are playing for their careers so all games are good.