PDA

View Full Version : St-Pierre vs Diaz in October

Jack Butler
06-02-2011, 11:18 PM
The two will meet Oct. 29 at UFC 137 in Las Vegas in the first so-called superfight between UFC and Strikeforce champions. The UFC bought Strikeforce in March and continues to operate it as its own promotion.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/mma/ufc/article/1001316--georges-st-pierre-to-fight-strikeforce-champion-nick-diaz-in-october

Bill Nash
06-03-2011, 12:02 AM
Both Nick and Nate Diaz are highly over-rated. As long as GSP doesn't get another freakish injury like in the last fight, Diaz will be breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Jack Butler
06-03-2011, 07:19 AM
Yup, I have to agree!
It makes me think Strikeforce is done!

bohd
06-03-2011, 05:24 PM
i agree, georges , after losing to matt serra, vowed not to take anyone else for granted and that he had learned from losing. he has, and after watching lots of nick 's fights georges will eat him up...

Both Nick and Nate Diaz are highly over-rated. As long as GSP doesn't get another freakish injury like in the last fight, Diaz will be breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Shaggy
06-04-2011, 05:08 PM
It will be interesting to see what stratagy GSP uses aginst Nick. Nick's striking is deceptive - his punches don't look like much, but they do damage. He also is a Gracie Ju-Jitsu black belt, so he is dangerous off his back.

Don't get me wrong - I think GSP outclasses Diaz in every way, but I wonder what GSP and Greg Jackson think will give George the safest win.

I can't wait to see Nick get his ass handed to him. He and his crew are classless thugs, and the fiasco with Jason Miller was an embarassment to Strikeforce and MMA in general.

Jack Butler
06-05-2011, 09:32 AM
I always enjoy how Team Jackson analyze their opponents and create a strategy.
They can get very creative!

official soonet pu$$ycat
06-05-2011, 11:10 AM
I don't think St. Pierre is going to make him "breakfast,lunch and dinner" He'll probably win but Nick will probably try to piss him off in the fight and take him off his game. I think this fight is going to be closer than you think.

Jack Butler
06-05-2011, 12:43 PM
St. Pierre can reverse the mental game on Diaz easy. He is a much more intelligent man.
George is a tough nut to rattle and as time passes he get mentally stronger and more mature.
Diaz is known to leak during his fights against top opponents. This will be his down fall again!
George has improved his standup to a point where the jab could end this fight by cuts!