PDA

View Full Version : Luongo

RWGR
06-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Regardless if Vancouver wins the Cup, Roberto Luongo will never be known as a big-time goalie.

What a joke he is on the road.

riggs
06-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Regardless if Vancouver wins the Cup, Roberto Luongo will never be known as a big-time goalie.

What a joke he is on the road.

No kidding. He clearly has no confidence playing in that building

Strife
06-13-2011, 09:28 PM
If Vancouver wins, Luongo will be the reason why. The Sedin's have been just short of non-existent. Scoring has been coming from unlikely sources. Luongo at home in this series has been unbeatable.

riggs
06-13-2011, 09:32 PM
The Sedin's are afraid of the rough game and are completely intimidated.

Strife
06-13-2011, 09:55 PM
The Sedin's are afraid of the rough game and are completely intimidated.
I agree. There is only so much a goalie can do before he loses his edge.

RWGR
06-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Luongo at home in this series has been unbeatable.

That's great. But last time I looked the Finals were played in cities other than Vancouver.

Luongo will be known as a goalie that can win...at home. That's not a big-time goalie. Not even close.

Bill Nash
06-13-2011, 10:53 PM
If Vancouver wins, nobody will remember his bad games, and this thread might get deleted. If Boston wins, Luongo will bear the blame, but the vaunted offense of Vancouver has disappeared. The old adage, "you win as a team and lose as a team" will suit both the winner and loser of this series.

Strife
06-14-2011, 09:38 AM
I have seen a major difference in how in this series, Vancouver has played a different style of game when they are at home, versus the style they play on the road. Its almost like they are intimidated when in Boston. In Vancouver, they press on Boston forcing them to dump and chase rather than carry it in. This puts less strain on Luongo and gives Vancouver an edge. In Boston, they sit back and wait and are often caught flat footed. Same is true for Boston.

official soonet pu$$ycat
06-14-2011, 01:55 PM
I can't stand Luongo at all. He reminds of Lebron James in that he is so cocky and has no reason to be. Individual stats are fine and it's nice to be recognized but who wants to be known as one of the greatest to never win a championship? He keeps trying to get Thomas to get into a war of words and it's not working. Thomas is a soon to be two time Vezina winner, possible Con Smythe winner whether they win or not and hopefully a Stanley Cup winner. I think it's time for Luongo to stop talking about the ineffective style of Tim Thomas.

Super Gram
06-14-2011, 08:52 PM
I don't like Luongo either.........give me a Tim Thomas anytime

lynys
06-15-2011, 10:19 PM
I think it's time for Luongo to stop talking about the ineffective style of Tim Thomas.

Especially because Tim Thomas won them this series and the cup.

RWGR
06-15-2011, 11:54 PM
Luongo is good enough to get a President's Trophy, but not a Stanley Cup.

official soonet pu$$ycat
06-16-2011, 12:19 AM
The second goal is almost the same one that Thomas let in that Luongo said he would have stopped. I love it.

Bill Nash
06-16-2011, 12:53 AM
The second goal is almost the same one that Thomas let in that Luongo said he would have stopped. I love it.

Karma, ...

Blunt
06-16-2011, 01:04 AM

I'm not sure that I would even have Luongo in my top 20 goaltenders of all time, but you make it sound like winning the Stanley Cup is a solo endeavour...

RWGR
06-16-2011, 09:28 AM
I'm not sure that I would even have Luongo in my top 20 goaltenders of all time, but you make it sound like winning the Stanley Cup is a solo endeavour...

Luongo was set up as a savior for Vancouver. Bad mistake.

RWGR
06-16-2011, 09:34 AM
"Don't fret, Vancouver Canucks fans. You only have 11 more years of Roberto "Please Pump My Tires" Luongo.

Despite enjoying a wide edge in the talent department and despite winning the first two games of the Stanley Cup finals against the Boston Bruins, the skillful Canucks and their franchise goaltender somehow managed to parlay that into one of the great collapses in recent Stanley Cup finals history."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2011/columns/story?columnist=burnside_scott&id=6667037

riggs
06-16-2011, 03:24 PM

I'm not a luongo fan but he did win Olympic gold.

Barry Morris
06-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Analyze his career when it's over, not in the middle.

riggs
06-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Analyze his career when it's over, not in the middle.

People have analyzed his career for several seasons and through several performances. Perhaps you should have spoke up after he won Olympic Gold and told us we shouldn't be judging his performance because he's not at the end of his career............................A career is made up of hundreds/thousands of games and when a player has 3 consecutive melt downs it raises an eyebrow or 2.

verotik66
06-22-2011, 09:27 AM
If Vancouver wins, Luongo will be the reason why. The Sedin's have been just short of non-existent. Scoring has been coming from unlikely sources. Luongo at home in this series has been unbeatable.

didn't look unbeatable to me