PDA

View Full Version : Pets and hot weather! ( rant!!!)

leafs93
08-10-2007, 05:41 PM
I am sorry but what is with the people that go out shopping or what ever they are doing and bring their pets with them and LOCK them in a car!!!

I was just at the grocery store and the vehicle next to me had the driver's side window down a crack and a poor Cocker Spaniel dog panting and whining it's head off!!! I gave the poor dog a sip out of my water bottle, he drank quite a bit. Where are you OWNER????

this is totally pathetic.....do you know that if your dogs temperature rises just a little bit that it can be death for your beloved pet??? Sure you might not think it is hot out...well you are in an aircondition place taking your sweet time while your dog is in a metal box sitting on black ashphalt that has been retaining the heat all day.

There is no excuse for this stupidity.....I called you in...gave them the license plate and location.

Evangeline
08-10-2007, 05:53 PM
yes it kills me when people do that, so irresponsible, would you leave your child in the car? And yes it's the same thing, they both can die from it!

this dog was on the news a few weeks ago:
http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_13373.aspx

MaO3
08-10-2007, 06:08 PM
I can't believe people are sooo stupid. Unreal, they don't deserve to have a dog.

I hope that you called the Police Leafs93, Hopefully the cops will break the window and remove the animal.

leafs93
08-10-2007, 06:28 PM
I made a mistake....this should be in the pets section. I am so mad I made a mistake and when I saw "pets" i didn't even realize i posted in the buy and sell section.

I did contact the police and the HS.

I know I couldn't even sit in a vehicle with the window down a half an inch. I own a dog too....and sure it bums her out when she doesn't get to go for a "ride" in the truck. I don't even take her when I go and sit in a take out line. Where are some people's heads????

A*lil*Loopy
08-10-2007, 06:32 PM
My inlaws take their dog almost everywhere with them as they do a lot of travelling. They also leave the air conditioning on for her cuz they love her.

We're taking our Bastien camping with us this weekend, no air conditioning but we're getting him a life jacket so he gets to swim or "bob" with us.

Hey People, love them like they are children and report those who aren't. Thanks leafs93 for stepping up. Personally, I would've tracked the owner down in the store and smacked them. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

MaO3
08-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Leafs I think that you could have put this thread in Soap Box!

It should be there for all to see!

tippikitty
08-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Were we not just talking about this at lunch today Ma03? Man what are some people thinking?

MaO3
08-10-2007, 07:52 PM
no kidding we were talking about this just this afternoon. It was 30 degree's according to the thingy in my truck today. 30 degree's and someone is STUPID enough to leave a dog in a car.

leafs93
08-10-2007, 08:03 PM
I thought if I put it in the Soapbox it would get moved. I guess I was wrong....it is still here in the buy and sell section. What a big mistake by me.

Intangible
08-12-2007, 04:53 PM
I take my dog with me only if I am not going to be in the store very long, and when I leave the car, I lock it, and use my remote start to turn the car on, so that the air conditioning can keep her cool the whole time.

Anyone who takes an animal in a car without this should be kicked in the a$$. In a matter of minutes, the temperature can rise way over 100 degrees, causing brain damage, and death.

MelissaBrian
08-12-2007, 07:01 PM
I just dont take him with us if its realy hot out ....

simple as that..i tell him he cant come its too hot,to stay,he gives me this sad face...Well id rather see a sad face then a dead dog right.

dont dont understand some people ... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

GoldDogs
08-23-2007, 04:15 AM
Some people are ignorant, stupid ****s. They deserve to lose their dogs and pets... and yet it is usually the animal that suffers most from that loss with his life.

I see dogs in cars all the time. It drives me nuts! They should seriously consider a law against have animals in non-running parked vehicles without human supervision. Or something... like that. Or maybe there is a law and I'm stupid. But if there is law, it sure isn't being followed.

Besides, maybe the car ride would be fun but the whole point of that is the car RIDE... not the car sit in the parking lot all day. Ugh, if you're going for a ride, open the window and let him blow the stink off himself in the window. Geez... don't let him rot in the car when you aren't even WITH him...

But again... some people are ****s.

Is that word allowed on here?

General Lee
08-23-2007, 08:11 AM
Yorkie sup