PDA

View Full Version : homemade laundry soap

kitca
06-24-2011, 02:24 PM
i just made up another batch of soap. i dont know if i have posted the recipe on here in the past or not. i first started using it - making it - years ago when i saw it on a frugal website because it costs only pennies a load. i found out its easy to make and that it works. then something happened and i stopped making it for awhile and went back to it a couple months ago.

i cannot believe the difference in my itchy skin! commercial detergents leave me itchy and scratchy, but this stuff is wonderful. i again, didnt realize it till we ran out and used the reguar commercial stuff. so, if any of you are very frugal or have skin problems and want to try this out i will post the recipe. it works on warm/hot or cold water washes and works quite well.

Hot water
1/2 cup Washing Soda (walmart usa)
1/2 cup Borax (walmart usa)
1/3 bar Soap (grated) (i use linda laundry soap from the laundry isle)
In a large pot, heat 3 pints of water. Add the grated bar soap and stir until melted. Then add the washing soda and borax. Stir until powder is dissolved, then remove from heat.
In a 2 gallon clean pail, pour 1 quart of hot water and add the heated soap mixture. Top pail with cold water and stir well.
Use 1/2 cup per load, stirring soap before each use (will gel).

here is the website: http://tipnut.com/10-homemade-laundry-soap-detergent-recipes/

Luv'inLife
06-24-2011, 02:52 PM
or you can just go buy the premade stuff for $5

kitca
06-24-2011, 04:13 PM
yup! but if you want to be frugal and or if you have skin itchies it makes a huge difference.