PDA

View Full Version : A sad morning

zoo crew
07-19-2011, 09:16 AM
After driving my husband to work we had noticed that a fox had been hit by a car. So that was sad but on my way home it was worse. The cars had stopped both ways and there was the dead fox and her baby was panicking. Just kept pacing back and fourth. My heart just melted. Don't know if I'm a sap but that was a sad way to start the morning. I wish they wouldn't run out like that in front of traffic... Lets hope the baby will be ok.

kitca
07-19-2011, 09:29 AM
oh, that just breaks my heart for the baby, where abouts was it?

zoo crew
07-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Right across from Algoma Tubes

Dragonfly
07-19-2011, 12:09 PM
oh no :( that is definitely heart breaking. Something like the ministry should pick the baby up so it doesn't die :(

Bill Nash
07-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Just take it to TAAG, ..... they will spay or neuter it, give it a bath and find it a home for someone to cherish forever.

Did it ever, ever, ever occur to you that this is just one (and probably two) less animals to wreck havoc in the area on people's garbage, ..... and maybe, just maybe, spread a little less rabies to your beloved cats and dogs in the area.

You animal lovers are ridiculous in your heartbreaks over things like this, .... it's a fox, .... never an animal for sympathy that I know of, .... even in children's books.

Larimar
07-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Rabies hasn't been an issue for domestic animals in a very long time due to vet checks and vacinations. Right now a lot come into the city because of us destroying their habitat and also people who started to feed them. It's wrong to do both in my opinion. People should be preventing all animals from wanting in their yard by covering their garbage cans and perhaps not leaving them out when it isn't garbage day/morning. My parents always see one fox run into the back yard and leap over the fence, it has no reason to stay but is off to hunt rodents and rabbits- They would surely have a place to stay if their wasn't construction going on in his home in the woodlot they live near.

Peopel love dogs and a fox is a dog. Not only is it from the classification dog, but it also has some neat cat like qualities. So I know their charm. Many WESTERN stories are against the fox as they are wolves and other creatures they didn't understand back when fables were written. If you look into other traditions you'll find the fox represented as a God, a shapeshifter, and I believe their is a native tribe who will not hunt a fox because there's a story about them and a bobcat and cougar ridding them of evil (I think!).

I think it is sad that a kit is left alone, but hopefully it will be alright. They are raised by both parents and should b ready to leave after 7 months, they are usually born in March I think!

For photos of foxes That my bf and I took, check out my site.

www.wix.com/warbler/photography

HDV
07-19-2011, 01:26 PM
I saw the dead fox this morning around 9 15am. It was up on the grass by the tree. Thats the 2nd fox to get killed in the same spot withing the past month.

HDV
07-19-2011, 01:31 PM
[QUOTE=Larimar;666750] My parents always see one fox run into the back yard and leap over the fence, it has no reason to stay but is off to hunt rodents and rabbits- They would surely have a place to stay if their wasn't construction going on in his home in the woodlot they live near.

Do they happen to live My Rossmore road? My parents live down there and The end use to be a dead end and all bush now they ripped it all up and are building houses there. They have foxes in their backyards now. Sleeping under their deck. Had a bear last week come up on the porch and managed to open the garbage container, put his teeth right threw it to get it open. Deer too. Never realized what all lived in that little area of bush till now.

Craig Huckerby
07-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Just take it to TAAG, ..... they will spay or neuter it, give it a bath and find it a home for someone to cherish forever.

Did it ever, ever, ever occur to you that this is just one (and probably two) less animals to wreck havoc in the area on people's garbage, ..... and maybe, just maybe, spread a little less rabies to your beloved cats and dogs in the area.

You animal lovers are ridiculous in your heartbreaks over things like this, .... it's a fox, .... never an animal for sympathy that I know of, .... even in children's books.

Do you not have an ounce of compassion ? You sure seem to be a very bitter and hateful person

Larimar
07-19-2011, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE=Larimar;666750] My parents always see one fox run into the back yard and leap over the fence, it has no reason to stay but is off to hunt rodents and rabbits- They would surely have a place to stay if their wasn't construction going on in his home in the woodlot they live near.

Do they happen to live My Rossmore road? My parents live down there and The end use to be a dead end and all bush now they ripped it all up and are building houses there. They have foxes in their backyards now. Sleeping under their deck. Had a bear last week come up on the porch and managed to open the garbage container, put his teeth right threw it to get it open. Deer too. Never realized what all lived in that little area of bush till now.

They live on Northern Ave near the college wooldlot they dug up and are changing into roads and a nursing home eventually. My grandparents had the same experience. They are in the P patch somewhere, near that store- and the homes being built...brought deer into their yard. They loved seeing the deer, but I have to wonder how we can keep tearing up their homes and leaving them with nothing. Then people want to kill them.

Joy.D
07-19-2011, 02:21 PM

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.
Compassion for living beings is what makes us good people.

Bill Nash
07-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Do you not have an ounce of compassion ? You sure seem to be a very bitter and hateful person

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.
Compassion for living beings is what makes us good people.

Compassion has nothing to do with it. I will have compassion for the young child who gets bit by a fox, .... rabid or not. I will feel compassion for the homeowner who has to continually pick up after the fox tearing up their garbage. I will feel compassion for the driver who is injured (or at least suffers vehicle damage) because their instinct was to swerve to miss a fox and they ended up off the road.

I do not feel compassion for an animal that should be in the bush hunting rabbits. It is the ridiculous animal lovers that encourage our tolerance of these wild animals regardless of their affect on us. Instead of giving lip service, do something to prevent them from entering the city, .... our realm.

To Craig, ... I am neither bitter or hateful, .... in fact, quite the opposite, just practical.

To Joy D., .... this is the second time you have told me I have no right to post on this BBS. I think it is you who needs some sensitivity training sweety.

Dragonfly
07-19-2011, 03:08 PM
I do not feel compassion for an animal that should be in the bush hunting rabbits.

umm...we keep tearing out their homes....so they wander into our "territory"....pretty easy concept to grasp I thought

Bill Nash
07-19-2011, 03:15 PM
umm...we keep tearing out their homes....so they wander into our "territory"....pretty easy concept to grasp I thought

Mmmm, ... lets see, .... when we were defending the bear issue, it was we humans that were wrong because we were invading their territory and getting attacked, .... it was our fault. Now, it seems the fox has ever right to enter the cities and raise havoc with our lives, and yet we must tolerate them.

Google the words "concept" and "hypocrite", and see if you can come up with a more logical response.

Dragonfly
07-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Bears is the same issue. If we stopped developing in the bushes that they live in, they wouldn't be forced to come here. I agree, they shouldn't want to stay but us humans are dummies and keep our garbage out and feed them so they decide to stay, but they only came here because they had no home and found out out that we can keep them living comfortably. Of course they stay, we give them easy food.

Dragonfly
07-19-2011, 03:22 PM
PS: I never said we had to tolerate them but we don't need to let the baby left behind to starve to death either

Craig Huckerby
07-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Handyman, to put it in perspective, the animals were here long before we were. So it is US , humans that are forcing these creatures out . That's always been the problem. For some reason some humans , like yourself think you have a right to be wherever you want and nature can piss off. Doesn't work that way and never will.

Dragonfly
07-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Handyman, to put it in perspective, the animals were here long before we were. So it is US , humans that are forcing these creatures out . That's always been the problem. For some reason some humans , like yourself think you have a right to be wherever you want and nature can piss off. Doesn't work that way and never will.

well said.

magic mushroom
07-19-2011, 04:40 PM
you are one scary dude!

Bill Nash
07-19-2011, 05:56 PM

News flash Craig, .... we are the Alpha animal. We go where ever we want because we can, and nature can piss off. We (my kind) are not out to get "nature", but when it interferes with our lives, something has got to give, .... and it sure won't be us.

I live as rural as anyone in Sault Ste. Marie possibly can live. I see moose, deer, bears, raccoons, fox, rabbits, cranes, heron, partridge, squirrels, beaver, and coyote on almost a daily basis. I co-exist quite comfortably with them where I live, and don't go out of my way to harm or harass them. We have a raccoon that eats out of our compost pile every day while we stand beside it, .... better the raccoon than some bear the way we look at it.

My point is, I am not an animal/nature hater, as many might want to make me out to be. That having been said, I also have no unfounded love for nature or animals. The animal huggers out there may be willing to let "nature" get in the way of their lives, but I don't carry that sentiment. If I want to cut down a tree to make a trail or for firewood, I don't give a rat's a$$ that it is home to a family squirrels. If beavers build a dam that is flooding my property, .... goodbye beaver dam. If a bear/raccoon/coyote/fox/etc. is dumping my blue box garbage all over the yard every Friday morning, just say I won't let it happen twice.

I'll grant the fact you know the media business Craig, but when it comes to living in the great outdoors, ....unless you live it, don't profess to know "how nature works".

Bill Nash
07-19-2011, 06:00 PM
well said.

Ah, ... another well thought out reply from Dragonfly.

BTW, .... a dragonfly is one of the most valuable insects a person can have in their rural yards. They eat their body weight in mosquitoes daily, and are harmless to people (although somewhat scary to look at!).

Bill Nash
07-19-2011, 06:01 PM
you are one scary dude!

You would be amazed if you ever met me, .... very likable, and not scary at all! :)

Larimar
07-19-2011, 06:46 PM
I honestly don't think you're against nature, just a different perspective. Though I will say that there's no reason to mock people either for feeling bad about an orphaned kit. I don't know where the fox was, but it doesn't mean the roadway isn't around bush area and she was just out trying to teach the kit to hunt and got confused about boundaries/human territory.

When a kit reaches adulthood they will have to venture for miles sometimes to find a new territory and that often means crossing the street to find a new bush area. Just because we feel badly that an animal was killed doesn't mean we don't put people first or that we wouldn't be more horrified at a human being hurt in the collision, but reality is that most foxes in the Sault are hardly bigger than a cat and they probably did no damage at all.

I saw a fox lastnight pick up a green apple (near the apple tree), tilt its head, throw it up into the air and try and catch it again. He was having a blast pouncing and leaping in the air. Reminded me so much of domestic dogs playing fetch.
It should be understandable why pet lovers would feel for a dog of any species. I know after spending nights photographing them that they each have their own personalities and play with one another that it is very cute and makes me value their lives. A lot of people value nature. I would rather build a beaver baffler than kill beavers- which people do when they build a damn. Beavers can't stand the sound of rushing water and there are ways around that. I may put people first, absolutely, but when there are alternatives I would never want to harm wildlife. So feeling badly that a fox died, doesn't seem all that bad to me, sorry.

Craig Huckerby
07-19-2011, 07:00 PM
News flash Craig, .... we are the Alpha animal. We go where ever we want because we can, and nature can piss off. We (my kind) are not out to get "nature", but when it interferes with our lives, something has got to give, .... and it sure won't be us.

I live as rural as anyone in Sault Ste. Marie possibly can live. I see moose, deer, bears, raccoons, fox, rabbits, cranes, heron, partridge, squirrels, beaver, and coyote on almost a daily basis. I co-exist quite comfortably with them where I live, and don't go out of my way to harm or harass them. We have a raccoon that eats out of our compost pile every day while we stand beside it, .... better the raccoon than some bear the way we look at it.

My point is, I am not an animal/nature hater, as many might want to make me out to be. That having been said, I also have no unfounded love for nature or animals. The animal huggers out there may be willing to let "nature" get in the way of their lives, but I don't carry that sentiment. If I want to cut down a tree to make a trail or for firewood, I don't give a rat's a$$ that it is home to a family squirrels. If beavers build a dam that is flooding my property, .... goodbye beaver dam. If a bear/raccoon/coyote/fox/etc. is dumping my blue box garbage all over the yard every Friday morning, just say I won't let it happen twice.

I'll grant the fact you know the media business Craig, but when it comes to living in the great outdoors, ....unless you live it, don't profess to know "how nature works".

Actually Handyman, I lived in a rural setting myself for many years, so as you can, I do speak from experience. I guess my problem is that you seem to think it's okay to belittle people when they don't agree with you because others show compassion for nature and you just seem to use it as a back drop at your convenience

Larimar
07-19-2011, 07:01 PM
For anyone who likes foxes :) Sorry they are bad quality, I was very far away.

for more visit my site

www.wix.com/warbler/photography

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/emoticons1/3-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/emoticons1/2-1.jpg

That apple was sooo much fun ;) lol

magic mushroom
07-19-2011, 07:10 PM
nice pics!

Larimar
07-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Thank you :)

A*lil*Loopy
07-19-2011, 08:30 PM
I believe what makes us so human is our compassion for others, including other species. As the Alphas, we hold stewardship for our surroundings. It is our responsibility.
I'm not going to get into an argument with anyone here. I've been known to kill an animal for food or to protect my own so I'm certainly not a person who cries over animal issues, but I do feel compassion. Unfortunately I am one of those people who would have felt the need to take the kit home and would've gone through that internal struggle that eventually says that I cannot interfere legally or logically.

I do hope the little one survived and learned something and will put itself away from people where it is better off.

Larimar
07-19-2011, 08:41 PM
The kits are raised by both parents so if the little one can make it back home safely, I'm sure it will be able to survive :)

Dragonfly
07-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Handyman,

You are going to take a jab at me because I chose to use a simple sentence saying that someone made a statement that was well said? I guess I could have made a story out of it and went on to explain every detail that I agree with, but then again my short statement did that just nicely, sorry it was not good enough for you.

Anyways, as someone else said we are allowed to show compassion for an animal that has had its mother killed and did not know what to do for itself. No one said that it should be on human territory, no one said that it had the right to be there. We were just saying that there are reasons why they come into human territory and more often than not its the stupidity of the "alpha animal" that causes it (thinking they are cute and feeding them, unwittingly leaving their garbage out at night, cutting down masses of trees etc.). Sure, not always, sometimes the animals just wander in because they can and crap happens to them. I don't see why you have to be such a prick about it. We thought it was sad that a baby fox was left stranded and distressed, nothing more, nothing less. Feeling compassion is something that we "alpha animals" have the capacity to do. I am glad to hear that you live amongst natures finest and can appreciate it. You also mentioned that you will cut down a tree if you need to, one tree is not the same as masses of trees ripped down. I also fish when I go to camp and eat it for dinner, but I do not agree with the mass fisheries that are slowly destroying the oceans. Everything in moderation is fine, along with compassion and no one here was going overboard with compassion and bantering on about trying to go out and find it to bring it home or something stupid.

Joy.D
07-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Handyman...I never said you have no right to post. I just feel that if you cannot follow the nature of the post, which is compassion for an animal , why bother posting? Is it your goal in life to piss off animal lovers or anyone at all who may feel any inkling of compassion for a helpless animal be it a cat, dog, fox or bear.

Do you swerve your vehicle to squish turtles on the highway as well?
Do you knock nests out of trees because the birds may pick at your garbage when they grow up?

I do not care for your point of view nor do I care what you think.
I care about animals and humans that need or are capable of compassion.

I was always told by my parents/grandparents that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it... it only hurts others. Is this what you are attempting to do? Do you feel so little of yourself you have to put others down to feel good?

Don't call me sweety... you make my skin crawl.

chantelle7
07-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Handyman, usually I don't talk bad about other posters on these forums, but with your rant of how humans are Alpha animal and everything else can just piss off is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. You have such an outlandish sense of entitlement when it comes to doing whatever you want, whenever you want where nature is concerned. It is just ridiculous to me. I hope you don't act in that way towards people as well.

Bill Nash
07-20-2011, 01:40 AM
Handyman,

You are going to take a jab at me because I chose to use a simple sentence saying that someone made a statement that was well said? I guess I could have made a story out of it and went on to explain every detail that I agree with, but then again my short statement did that just nicely, sorry it was not good enough for you.

Anyways, as someone else said we are allowed to show compassion for an animal that has had its mother killed and did not know what to do for itself. No one said that it should be on human territory, no one said that it had the right to be there. We were just saying that there are reasons why they come into human territory and more often than not its the stupidity of the "alpha animal" that causes it (thinking they are cute and feeding them, unwittingly leaving their garbage out at night, cutting down masses of trees etc.). Sure, not always, sometimes the animals just wander in because they can and crap happens to them. I don't see why you have to be such a prick about it. We thought it was sad that a baby fox was left stranded and distressed, nothing more, nothing less. Feeling compassion is something that we "alpha animals" have the capacity to do. I am glad to hear that you live amongst natures finest and can appreciate it. You also mentioned that you will cut down a tree if you need to, one tree is not the same as masses of trees ripped down. I also fish when I go to camp and eat it for dinner, but I do not agree with the mass fisheries that are slowly destroying the oceans. Everything in moderation is fine, along with compassion and no one here was going overboard with compassion and bantering on about trying to go out and find it to bring it home or something stupid.

Handyman...I never said you have no right to post. I just feel that if you cannot follow the nature of the post, which is compassion for an animal , why bother posting? Is it your goal in life to piss off animal lovers or anyone at all who may feel any inkling of compassion for a helpless animal be it a cat, dog, fox or bear.

Do you swerve your vehicle to squish turtles on the highway as well?
Do you knock nests out of trees because the birds may pick at your garbage when they grow up?

I do not care for your point of view nor do I care what you think.
I care about animals and humans that need or are capable of compassion.

I was always told by my parents/grandparents that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it... it only hurts others. Is this what you are attempting to do? Do you feel so little of yourself you have to put others down to feel good?

Don't call me sweety... you make my skin crawl.

Handyman, usually I don't talk bad about other posters on these forums, but with your rant of how humans are Alpha animal and everything else can just piss off is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. You have such an outlandish sense of entitlement when it comes to doing whatever you want, whenever you want where nature is concerned. It is just ridiculous to me. I hope you don't act in that way towards people as well.

Well, now that I've got your attention, ....

To Dragonfly, .... your attempt to place yourself on a righteous pedestal is humorous at best. Don't embarrass yourself anymore with your self-flattering statements of how you are the only one that can see reality for what it is, ..... when you grow up to post-pubescent maturity, you will understand that sometimes you just have to admit you are wrong. By the way, ... calling someone a "prick" speaks volumes for your maturity, command of the English language, and lack of intellectual thought.

To Joy D., ..... So if I don't agree with the animal lovers agenda and follow the "nature of the post" (you exact words), then in your opinion I do not have the right to post, ..... censorship is alive and well on SooNet as long as you are here! Start by stating actual facts instead of innuendo that implies I run over turtles, or cut down trees to destroy bird nests. You should practice what you preach Sweety, if you have nothing nice to say, .... yada, yada, yada. I am sure your parents would be proud of your verbal spewing towards me.

To chantelle7, .... Your avatar clearly shows your comments are from a skewed perspective, so I will take your comments with the appropriate grain of salt. My sense of entitlement comes from being a member of the dominant species on the planet. Yes, we can do whatever we want, .... it is called survival of the fittest, natural selection,anything else that might seem appropriate to call it, .... we can do it in spades, .... we are the alpha animal. My actions towards people is in no way reflected in my posts here, .... we are talking about animals other than human beings, don't confuse the issue. If you met me in person, you would find me quite friendly, personable, and enjoyable company, .... don't let this game we play on SooNet go to your head, .... life's too short for that!

Dragonfly
07-20-2011, 08:44 AM
It is not I that am speaking from the top of a pedestal, in case you have not noticed you are the only in here that does not share the views that I do. I suppose anyone that does not feel the way you do is putting themselves on a pedestal, you do this in every thread and every debate you get into. You attempt to put yourself above everyone else and refuse to think that maybe just maybe there are other just as right ways to look at things. Another part of being the intelligent species that we are is to have the ability to share compassion AND to exercise the right to feel it and express it whenever we want, which is what we are doing. Conversely you have the ability to feel what you do, and express it how you want, but I think everyone (but you obviously) would appreciate that you take your high and mighty superiority complex somewhere else. There is nothing wrong with what we feel, if you don't like it that's fine but you don't need to sit here and constantly attack other people. That seems to be your sole agenda on this board. It seems like 98% of the posts that you make are mean spirited or you trying to act superior to everyone else. Must be a sad world that you live in if you need to feel superior over people on a BBS. If you think that anything you say really matters to anyone on here....you are sadly mistaken. I don't see why you need to constantly do it.

Also...you are seriously going to bash someone based on the fact they like a specific breed of dog and have an avatar that shows it? Again...good show of your superiority complex and what happens if someone shares a different perspective than you. And yes, I called you a prick, if you have an issue with being called such, stop acting like one.

Joy.D
07-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Sorry, Zoo Crew I appologise for paticipating in hijacking your thread from a compassionate statement about a dead and orphaned fox into defending Nature from Handyman. It is unfortunate that mankind has taken over the world and are forcing its natural inhabitants out of their natural home and risking their lives looking for food. I hope the kit will be OK

zoo crew
07-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Sorry, Zoo Crew I appologise for paticipating in hijacking your thread from a compassionate statement about a dead and orphaned fox into defending Nature from Handyman. It is unfortunate that mankind has taken over the world and are forcing its natural inhabitants out of their natural home and risking their lives looking for food. I hope the kit will be OK

Hey JoyD, yeah I am not impressed by the outcome of this thread. I'm not about to get involved either. But thanks to all that did feel for a poor babe that just lost it's mom. No matter what way you look at it, it's sad and unfortunate.

kitca
07-20-2011, 09:43 AM
well im worried about the little guy. someone said that another fox had been killed in the same spot a month ago. maybe that was the other parent...

i just picture the poor baby so scared and cant get it out of my mind. im sorry for zoocrew to have had to have witnessed it, just imagining it bothers me...

edited to add: those photos are adorable!

Bill Nash
07-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Dragonfly's post in bold,.....

It is not I that am speaking from the top of a pedestal, in case you have not noticed you are the only in here that does not share the views that I do. I suppose anyone that does not feel the way you do is putting themselves on a pedestal, you do this in every thread and every debate you get into. You attempt to put yourself above everyone else and refuse to think that maybe just maybe there are other just as right ways to look at things.

I don't place myself higher than everyone, ... just you.

Another part of being the intelligent species that we are is to have the ability to share compassion AND to exercise the right to feel it and express it whenever we want, which is what we are doing.

.... and this is a factual statement from which beauty shop glamour girl magazine?

Conversely you have the ability to feel what you do, and express it how you want, but I think everyone (but you obviously) would appreciate that you take your high and mighty superiority complex somewhere else.

.... once again, .... see the part about censorship is rampant, ....

There is nothing wrong with what we feel, if you don't like it that's fine but you don't need to sit here and constantly attack other people. That seems to be your sole agenda on this board. It seems like 98% of the posts that you make are mean spirited or you trying to act superior to everyone else.

Attack is pretty harsh Sweety, .... isn't disagree in your limited vocabulary somewhere? 98% mean spirited, .... mmmm, .... 2% of my posts you adore, ..... see, I told you I was a likable guy!

Must be a sad world that you live in if you need to feel superior over people on a BBS. If you think that anything you say really matters to anyone on here....you are sadly mistaken. I don't see why you need to constantly do it.

The problem with the likes of your type is that you think SooNet IS the real world. You obviously don't read a whole thread through, or you would have read the part where I referred to "this game we call SooNet". Get with the program Sweety, there IS a real world beyond your monitor, .... you should try it sometime. I know, ... it's too deep for you to comprehend, .... sorry, ..... my bad.

Also...you are seriously going to bash someone based on the fact they like a specific breed of dog and have an avatar that shows it?

Bash? You have a habit of using harsh and almost vulgar words to describe the simplest things. I was pointing out the obvious that chantelle7's avatar clearly showed she was a dog/animal lover, .... unless you really don't know what those combination of symbols mean. That having been said, I was simply pointing out that her opinions would probably be skewed, based on that observation. Do you agree, or is deductive reasoning not one of your strong points?

Again...good show of your superiority complex and what happens if someone shares a different perspective than you.

I didn't know that a "complex" could actually be shown, .... but I know what you mean, .... you're excused.

And yes, I called you a prick, if you have an issue with being called such, stop acting like one.

There you go again, using those harsh words when some less abrasive would surely suffice. I don't really care though, ... I have been called much worse by much better people. I know finding the right words to use is sometimes a challenge for you, so I will take the "prick" comment as a compliment, ..... thank you, .... you're so sweet.

HDV
07-20-2011, 12:07 PM
well im worried about the little guy. someone said that another fox had been killed in the same spot a month ago. maybe that was the other parent...

i just picture the poor baby so scared and cant get it out of my mind. im sorry for zoocrew to have had to have witnessed it, just imagining it bothers me...

edited to add: those photos are adorable!

That is true, Another fox was killed about a month ago around the same spot too. Someone at the store ( Millie's) said the baby was still there last night. :( A guy who workes there said they have foxes that live in the plant.

MagicFingers
07-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Compassion has nothing to do with it. I will have compassion for the young child who gets bit by a fox, .... rabid or not. I will feel compassion for the homeowner who has to continually pick up after the fox tearing up their garbage. I will feel compassion for the driver who is injured (or at least suffers vehicle damage) because their instinct was to swerve to miss a fox and they ended up off the road.

I do not feel compassion for an animal that should be in the bush hunting rabbits. It is the ridiculous animal lovers that encourage our tolerance of these wild animals regardless of their affect on us. Instead of giving lip service, do something to prevent them from entering the city, .... our realm.

To Craig, ... I am neither bitter or hateful, .... in fact, quite the opposite, just practical.

To Joy D., .... this is the second time you have told me I have no right to post on this BBS. I think it is you who needs some sensitivity training sweety.

You have it backwards they are not ENTERING our city we have entered their HOMES!

Craig Huckerby
07-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Has anyone seen the little kitt today? is it still by its mother? or has someone picked up the dead fox?

Larimar
07-20-2011, 03:18 PM
I don't know. I'm headed out tonight with my bf to visit a fox family, where is the location she was hit? Maybe we could swing by and check it out.

Bill Nash
07-20-2011, 03:50 PM
You have it backwards they are not ENTERING our city we have entered their HOMES!

Believe what you want Sweety....

HDV
07-20-2011, 06:09 PM
The dead fox is still there. I just got in and drove by it. I did not see the baby though.
The location is right by tenaris on the same side. If going towards the underpass it is on the right hand side, right between a couple trees on the grass.

Dragonfly
07-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Dragonfly's post in bold,.....

It is not I that am speaking from the top of a pedestal, in case you have not noticed you are the only in here that does not share the views that I do. I suppose anyone that does not feel the way you do is putting themselves on a pedestal, you do this in every thread and every debate you get into. You attempt to put yourself above everyone else and refuse to think that maybe just maybe there are other just as right ways to look at things.

I don't place myself higher than everyone, ... just you.

Another part of being the intelligent species that we are is to have the ability to share compassion AND to exercise the right to feel it and express it whenever we want, which is what we are doing.

.... and this is a factual statement from which beauty shop glamour girl magazine?

Conversely you have the ability to feel what you do, and express it how you want, but I think everyone (but you obviously) would appreciate that you take your high and mighty superiority complex somewhere else.

.... once again, .... see the part about censorship is rampant, ....

There is nothing wrong with what we feel, if you don't like it that's fine but you don't need to sit here and constantly attack other people. That seems to be your sole agenda on this board. It seems like 98% of the posts that you make are mean spirited or you trying to act superior to everyone else.

Attack is pretty harsh Sweety, .... isn't disagree in your limited vocabulary somewhere? 98% mean spirited, .... mmmm, .... 2% of my posts you adore, ..... see, I told you I was a likable guy!

Must be a sad world that you live in if you need to feel superior over people on a BBS. If you think that anything you say really matters to anyone on here....you are sadly mistaken. I don't see why you need to constantly do it.

The problem with the likes of your type is that you think SooNet IS the real world. You obviously don't read a whole thread through, or you would have read the part where I referred to "this game we call SooNet". Get with the program Sweety, there IS a real world beyond your monitor, .... you should try it sometime. I know, ... it's too deep for you to comprehend, .... sorry, ..... my bad.

Also...you are seriously going to bash someone based on the fact they like a specific breed of dog and have an avatar that shows it?

Bash? You have a habit of using harsh and almost vulgar words to describe the simplest things. I was pointing out the obvious that chantelle7's avatar clearly showed she was a dog/animal lover, .... unless you really don't know what those combination of symbols mean. That having been said, I was simply pointing out that her opinions would probably be skewed, based on that observation. Do you agree, or is deductive reasoning not one of your strong points?

Again...good show of your superiority complex and what happens if someone shares a different perspective than you.

I didn't know that a "complex" could actually be shown, .... but I know what you mean, .... you're excused.

And yes, I called you a prick, if you have an issue with being called such, stop acting like one.

There you go again, using those harsh words when some less abrasive would surely suffice. I don't really care though, ... I have been called much worse by much better people. I know finding the right words to use is sometimes a challenge for you, so I will take the "prick" comment as a compliment, ..... thank you, .... you're so sweet.

Pretty harsh considering the PM you sent me that was quite the opposite of this attitude. I wont post it because I don't want to show people that you are not as prickly on the outside as you claim to be..I'll let you keep your soonet dignity..:P

chantelle7
07-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Believe what you want Sweety....

I wonder why you don't believe MagicFingers statement about us invading their homes. Can you please present the evidence to me showing that we inhabited this area before there was any type of wildlife?

Bill Nash
07-21-2011, 12:38 AM
I wonder why you don't believe MagicFingers statement about us invading their homes. Can you please present the evidence to me showing that we inhabited this area before there was any type of wildlife?

The argument is quite senseless. Any of the current wildlife living in this area was born with this city currently in place. We live in the present, not the past.

Let me ask you this, .... do you believe Newfoundlanders have the right to hunt down and kill every moose in Newfoundland that causes a highway accident? I am awaiting your reply.

Larimar
07-21-2011, 01:06 AM
This whole arguement is really senseless...

I know you do what you need to in life to survive and that human come first- but since the kits mother probably was harmless (and our city could do with a few rat destroyers anyhow :p ) isn't it still just a lil bitty bit sad when a young anything is orphaned? It wouldn't pull on your heartstrings at all if you saw a lil Kit-puppy of a thing with big wide eyes , crying beside its dead mom? I know you have a heart :p

Bill Nash
07-21-2011, 01:10 AM
This whole arguement is really senseless...

I know you do what you need to in life to survive and that human come first- but since the kits mother probably was harmless (and our city could do with a few rat destroyers anyhow :p ) isn't it still just a lil bitty bit sad when a young anything is orphaned? It wouldn't pull on your heartstrings at all if you saw a lil Kit-puppy of a thing with big wide eyes , crying beside its dead mom? I know you have a heart :p

Try answering the question I posed to chantelle7, ....

Larimar
07-21-2011, 10:35 AM
I don't have an "informed" opinion on it from their perspective or yours more than likely. I'm against hunting. People I see hunting use "survival" as an excuse for sport/killing because the next day they go to Mcdonalds. As for your question (which I admitted not being familiar with their situation) How can you know which moose will cause an accident and which will not? If you are speaking about population control I always believed that's another excuse for hunting for sport- If people left nature to be as is, nature would have its own population control. Here in Ontario people kill wolves and say it is because they are over populating, they then kill the deer for the same reason. Those two animals will work themselves out on their own, but because we kill too many wolves they don't pick off the deer, so the deer grow and people start to complain about that. Nature has its own ways of balancing out, its humans that set things off balance. Most hunting humans kill off the predators and then we complain. Even the duck situation makes me laugh when people in this city complain about them overpopulating and say they should be shot- for 1-people feed them and 2- MNR and such build nesting boxes and release programs to let the birds over populate to make money from hunters..we cause most everything we complain about...so when it comes to Newfoundland and their moose, I'm doubting it is much different.

ps- The biggest predatory animal (other than humans) for the moose are bears and wolves. I read on a newfoundland hunting site that said unlike moose bear is not plentiful, but they offer big game. SO there you go, they hunt something that doesn't need to be hunted that could naturally keep moose populations down if they let bear population increase a lil. Don't fool yourself...Hunting has all to do with money and sport and nothing to do with anything ethical at all.

**edited
Further research brings me the fact that moose were "introduced" to Newfoundland for hunting!!. So humans off set the balance there in the first place. So why should I see it from a "let's kill em " perspective? Hunting is lame an causes idiocy situations like this!

Bill Nash
07-21-2011, 11:34 AM
I don't have an "informed" opinion on it from their perspective or yours more than likely. I'm against hunting. People I see hunting use "survival" as an excuse for sport/killing because the next day they go to Mcdonalds. As for your question (which I admitted not being familiar with their situation) How can you know which moose will cause an accident and which will not? If you are speaking about population control I always believed that's another excuse for hunting for sport- If people left nature to be as is, nature would have its own population control. Here in Ontario people kill wolves and say it is because they are over populating, they then kill the deer for the same reason. Those two animals will work themselves out on their own, but because we kill too many wolves they don't pick off the deer, so the deer grow and people start to complain about that. Nature has its own ways of balancing out, its humans that set things off balance. Most hunting humans kill off the predators and then we complain. Even the duck situation makes me laugh when people in this city complain about them overpopulating and say they should be shot- for 1-people feed them and 2- MNR and such build nesting boxes and release programs to let the birds over populate to make money from hunters..we cause most everything we complain about...so when it comes to Newfoundland and their moose, I'm doubting it is much different.

ps- The biggest predatory animal (other than humans) for the moose are bears and wolves. I read on a newfoundland hunting site that said unlike moose bear is not plentiful, but they offer big game. SO there you go, they hunt something that doesn't need to be hunted that could naturally keep moose populations down if they let bear population increase a lil. Don't fool yourself...Hunting has all to do with money and sport and nothing to do with anything ethical at all.

**edited
Further research brings me the fact that moose were "introduced" to Newfoundland for hunting!!. So humans off set the balance there in the first place. So why should I see it from a "let's kill em " perspective? Hunting is lame an causes idiocy situations like this!

You tip-toed around my question quite nicely, but I am pretty sure you understand the premise.

Yourself, chantelle7 and others here put up a pseudo-defense for the fox that "they were here first", and sit on that issue as the sole logical defense for the reason we should tolerate their existence in the city regions. Should we heed to the dinosaurs, should someone finally figure out how to clone them and bring them back?

My point of the moose in Newfoundland is to point out your fallacy of the "they were here first" defense. Even though man inhabited Newfoundland long before the moose was there, you still defend the moose's right to exist on "the Rock" even though they are a nuisance. Now your defense spins to say that man brought them to the Rock, man should have to put up with the nuisance. I return to my initial premise, .... mankind is the Alpha animal, .... nothing stands in our way, and we don't have to put up with anything that is a nuisance to us, ... particularly other animals.

If you want to go soft on mankind and have "compassion" for animals, that is your prerogative. If all (or most) of mankind had your viewpoint, we would not be the dominant animal on the planet, .... the fact we are dominant gives way to the notion that you are in the minority with your viewpoint. Of course on this forum loaded with animal lovers I don't expect to hear that is true, but outside this little cyber-globe you people exist in, the real world has no tolerance for nuisance wildlife in the city.

Larimar
07-21-2011, 12:15 PM
You tip-toed around my question quite nicely, but I am pretty sure you understand the premise.

Yourself, chantelle7 and others here put up a pseudo-defense for the fox that "they were here first", and sit on that issue as the sole logical defense for the reason we should tolerate their existence in the city regions. Should we heed to the dinosaurs, should someone finally figure out how to clone them and bring them back?

My point of the moose in Newfoundland is to point out your fallacy of the "they were here first" defense. Even though man inhabited Newfoundland long before the moose was there, you still defend the moose's right to exist on "the Rock" even though they are a nuisance. Now your defense spins to say that man brought them to the Rock, man should have to put up with the nuisance. I return to my initial premise, .... mankind is the Alpha animal, .... nothing stands in our way, and we don't have to put up with anything that is a nuisance to us, ... particularly other animals.

If you want to go soft on mankind and have "compassion" for animals, that is your prerogative. If all (or most) of mankind had your viewpoint, we would not be the dominant animal on the planet, .... the fact we are dominant gives way to the notion that you are in the minority with your viewpoint. Of course on this forum loaded with animal lovers I don't expect to hear that is true, but outside this little cyber-globe you people exist in, the real world has no tolerance for nuisance wildlife in the city.
Actually you're the only one spinning things. My premise is that over population happens because of hunting, hunting is used as a defense to hunt- which means hunting is NOT a solution and never will be, it's an excuse!
Believe what you want though. and FYI- You can keep using terms like "alpha" all you want, but truth be told we are screwing up faster than any other species on Earth ever has and we will pay for that eventually as a "dominant " species. Hunting isn't working as a population control technique and the only reason other solutions aren't brought in are because it costs money and hunting BRINGS money. Why should I care if moose over populate Newfoundland if Newfoundlander's and human kind caused the damage themselves and then won't stop (like with the bears I said above) messing with the natural balance? You're a fool if you think for one second hunting is anything more than a money maker and a game for humans. If humans are so "alpha" then they should do something intelligent for once and stop crying over their own mistakes. end of story.

And which moose gender do you think they'll be hunting anyhow? The males with the nice big antlers to show off, or the females which actually give birth to young and start populating over again?

Do you think hunting "some" moose will stop the surviving moose from crossing highways and roads?

And did you know that killing deer actually raises the population eventually?. I bet the same happens to most ungulates. You wipe out competition for resources and they explode in population once more.
Hunting does not equal a true solution..if your so alpha, what's a better one that's not "money" centered?

If you look real hard, you'll notice my remarks are fact based and of alogical nature and they aren't based on "cute" or "fluffy" moose comments. This has nothing to do with "compassion" but with logic. 'm not defending the animals "right" to do anything. I'm pointing out our "solution" is a smokescreen for something else and that it doesn't actually do anything. The fallacy is, if people don't tolerate wildlife in their backyards-why keep creating the situation where they are in it?

And in the end, all of this doesn't mean at all that you wouldn't feel sorry for a "baby" kit that lost its mothers. It's not like its just a dead body on the road, when there's a youngen crying over it, it makes things a lil more sad and humans do have a natural instinct to care for young, as do all animals and much the reason why you can get a dog to nurse cats and lions to nurse puppies. Its natural too. I learned in my psychology studies on animals and human evolution it had something to do with big eyes and physical characteristics that make us want to care etc..

MagicFingers
07-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Larimar I understand what you are saying I however hate hunting and would never participate in it. However there is an over population for whatever reasons could be exactly what you stated. How if our cities weren't so big and this was 100years ago I wouldn't be complaining but with transportation and such and the amount of deer that are out there. It is better all the way around for hunters to help depopulate (if that is even a word lol) the deer. Other wise there will be more vehicular accidents involving wildlife that will not only harm the animal but also humans. I think hunting is not such a bad thing. I don't really like how they can entice and lure a deer but I think it is better than hitting one and killing myself, my child or my husband.

But I also don't see why Handyman has to be so heartless. Yes it is sad to see a baby anything left an orphan. HOpefully it can join another family.

Larimar
07-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Larimar I understand what you are saying I however hate hunting and would never participate in it. However there is an over population for whatever reasons could be exactly what you stated. How if our cities weren't so big and this was 100years ago I wouldn't be complaining but with transportation and such and the amount of deer that are out there. It is better all the way around for hunters to help depopulate (if that is even a word lol) the deer. Other wise there will be more vehicular accidents involving wildlife that will not only harm the animal but also humans. I think hunting is not such a bad thing. I don't really like how they can entice and lure a deer but I think it is better than hitting one and killing myself, my child or my husband.

But I also don't see why Handyman has to be so heartless. Yes it is sad to see a baby anything left an orphan. HOpefully it can join another family.

If you're concerned that an animal is overpopulated and if you really read what I wrote, you'd understand how hunting doesn't help overpopulation and is a "smokescreen" for people to just hunt and make organizations money to continue running. I gave plenty of examples of how hunting ungulantes explodes their population and how hunting their predators does the same thing. I also explained how shooting a few ongulates won't stop the rest from crossing the road, it doesn't prevent anything. Not to mention how hunting causes them to move-and to cross roads-loud noise and fear and all.

There's alternate solutions for everything and some that don't cause a problem. Take for example the complaint of geese at airports and how they are a danger for people (if they fly into the plane). They started hunting them there- nice to have guns near airports huh? and to trap geese. This doesn't stop geese from coming back. You know what can though? Letting the feild grow its grass. It doesn't even have to be very long at all, as long as the geese see it growing they are gone!

There are actual studies done on moose behaviour and vehicle collision and they have come up with solutions to the problem. Some solutions have to do with flattening roadside slopes, install wildlife mirrors, ultrasonic vehicle headlights, place salt licks away from roadway, change their route, tag moose with reflective collars, plantings to inhibit roadside browse, and the list goes on and on and on.

One can't just kill animals and expect it to work, there are behaviours to account for..and the moose will continue to go on the road whether there are 1000 or 500 in the area.

Larimar
07-21-2011, 02:57 PM
http://www.wolfepackpress.org/PDF/Responding2Pro-HuntArgs.pdf a source for those who are interested.

edited to add funny story:Thought I'd mention this bc it's somewhat humorous. I always hear, even on soonet-hte bad evil bears need to be culled, they are dangerous and stalk people!

Well, this guy (true story) he doesn't live in the Sault but close by, wanted to catch a bear that was around, just for the sake of saying he did it I suppose-and he like many believe they are dangerous! So he baits it with donuts... anyways..sometimes the dude is in a tree stand, other times he sits neara tree and has the donuts a lil ways ahead of him...Each time the guyfalls asleep waiting! He wakes up and the donuts are always gone, bear tracks left behind, and the food right beside him ( when he's not in th etree) is eaten..not a scratch on him tho! lol Bears smarter than the average hunter :p

.this aside, I'm unsure how this question even relates to having compassion for a young animal that isn't doing harm

chantelle7
07-21-2011, 03:21 PM
The argument is quite senseless. Any of the current wildlife living in this area was born with this city currently in place. We live in the present, not the past.

Let me ask you this, .... do you believe Newfoundlanders have the right to hunt down and kill every moose in Newfoundland that causes a highway accident? I am awaiting your reply.

I don't see how this question has anything to do with the point that we are arguing. The point that I am making is that you should not have such a sense of entitlement when it comes to the land you live on, since in actuality, nature was there first. Also your point that no animals currently residing on that land were alive when the city was first developed, therefor have no claim on the land, is preposterous. Why not just apply your point to humanity, saying that anyone, let say hypothetically, can take over Canada because no one living presently was alive when the country was initially established.

Bill Nash
07-22-2011, 01:26 AM
Actually you're the only one spinning things. My premise is that over population happens because of hunting, hunting is used as a defense to hunt- which means hunting is NOT a solution and never will be, it's an excuse!
Believe what you want though. and FYI- You can keep using terms like "alpha" all you want, but truth be told we are screwing up faster than any other species on Earth ever has and we will pay for that eventually as a "dominant " species. Hunting isn't working as a population control technique and the only reason other solutions aren't brought in are because it costs money and hunting BRINGS money. Why should I care if moose over populate Newfoundland if Newfoundlander's and human kind caused the damage themselves and then won't stop (like with the bears I said above) messing with the natural balance? You're a fool if you think for one second hunting is anything more than a money maker and a game for humans. If humans are so "alpha" then they should do something intelligent for once and stop crying over their own mistakes. end of story.

And which moose gender do you think they'll be hunting anyhow? The males with the nice big antlers to show off, or the females which actually give birth to young and start populating over again?

Do you think hunting "some" moose will stop the surviving moose from crossing highways and roads?

And did you know that killing deer actually raises the population eventually?. I bet the same happens to most ungulates. You wipe out competition for resources and they explode in population once more.
Hunting does not equal a true solution..if your so alpha, what's a better one that's not "money" centered?

If you look real hard, you'll notice my remarks are fact based and of alogical nature and they aren't based on "cute" or "fluffy" moose comments. This has nothing to do with "compassion" but with logic. 'm not defending the animals "right" to do anything. I'm pointing out our "solution" is a smokescreen for something else and that it doesn't actually do anything. The fallacy is, if people don't tolerate wildlife in their backyards-why keep creating the situation where they are in it?

And in the end, all of this doesn't mean at all that you wouldn't feel sorry for a "baby" kit that lost its mothers. It's not like its just a dead body on the road, when there's a youngen crying over it, it makes things a lil more sad and humans do have a natural instinct to care for young, as do all animals and much the reason why you can get a dog to nurse cats and lions to nurse puppies. Its natural too. I learned in my psychology studies on animals and human evolution it had something to do with big eyes and physical characteristics that make us want to care etc..

I don't see how this question has anything to do with the point that we are arguing. The point that I am making is that you should not have such a sense of entitlement when it comes to the land you live on, since in actuality, nature was there first. Also your point that no animals currently residing on that land were alive when the city was first developed, therefor have no claim on the land, is preposterous. Why not just apply your point to humanity, saying that anyone, let say hypothetically, can take over Canada because no one living presently was alive when the country was initially established.

I think the real problem with the fact you both have zero understanding of the situation is because I just realized you are actually children, .... can someone find me an adult or two to help explain the way the world turns to these infants in the world of reason, .....

Craig Huckerby
07-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Yeah but I wonder if the young fox is okay?

chantelle7
07-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Lol Handyman, you resorting to insulting us by calling us infantile is just proof to your own immaturity.

kitca
07-22-2011, 11:33 AM
that is what i want to know, how is the baby?

Larimar
07-22-2011, 11:34 AM
I'm well educated actually and live with someone that works in wildlife -My partner. I'm not a child (I live on my own, have a degree etc) and insulting us doesn't prove your point. You actually proved nothing. Sorry your attempt failed, but now I've lost all respect for you because you resort to this after someone shows you there are other ways of looking at things. I didn't say you couldn't hunt, or destroy nature, but i did give a VALID reason why I don't and why people shouldn't. How are you able to lecture Dragonfly in one breath about insults and then dish your own out to others? That sounds hypocritical. Maybe you should take other peoples point of views and research that they show into consideration instead of flinging insults around, have a real discussion.

kitca
07-22-2011, 12:41 PM
if the kit can be trapped and transportation provided he can be taken in at a wildlife rehab, they will be glad to take him in.

Bill Nash
07-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Lol Handyman, you resorting to insulting us by calling us infantile is just proof to your own immaturity.

Not really, .... try looking at your uneducated use of the English language for starters. For example, are you that lazy that you can't use a "spell-check" feature? Come back and talk to me when you have at least graduated from high school, ....

Bill Nash
07-22-2011, 12:52 PM
that is what i want to know, how is the baby?

It's doing just fine. I had to take a slingshot to one just this morning as it was tearing open my garbage.

Bill Nash
07-22-2011, 12:53 PM
if the kit can be trapped and transportation provided he can be taken in at a wildlife rehab, they will be glad to take him in.

What a profound solution, ... trap a wild animal to teach it to live in the wild by people that don't, .... and you people call yourselves animal lovers, ....

Bill Nash
07-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Larimar's post in bold;....

I'm well educated actually and live with someone that works in wildlife -My partner. I'm not a child (I live on my own, have a degree etc) and insulting us doesn't prove your point. You actually proved nothing.

Sooo, ... your partner is a boyscout, .... whoopee!!, .... and that makes YOU a wildlife expert? Many "children" live on their own, and a degree is something anyone can get in today's education system, .... makes you knowledgeable about how to work the student loan system. My point still stand.

Sorry your attempt failed, but now I've lost all respect for you because you resort to this after someone shows you there are other ways of looking at things. I didn't say you couldn't hunt, or destroy nature, but i did give a VALID reason why I don't and why people shouldn't.

I wasn't asking for your respect, nor your permission to hunt. Pretty pious of you to think I was.

How are you able to lecture Dragonfly in one breath about insults and then dish your own out to others? That sounds hypocritical.

Ah, .... and you say you are educated, ..... is the word "lecture" the only way you can describe my post to Dragonfly? Show me how I was "lecturing" her about anything. You call them insults, I call them a pretty well-founded opinion.

Maybe you should take other peoples point of views and research that they show into consideration instead of flinging insults around, have a real discussion.

Last I looked, a link to a biased website isn't your research. It is only showing how you waste your time reading some another animal hugger's website. Go back and get yourself another degree, ... maybe this time in philosophy, ... then you can actually carry on a conversation with logical thinking and reasoning.

Larimar
07-22-2011, 01:28 PM
An education means you're able to read and process information so that you can use it. If an education is so easy to get why don't you go get one!

Larimar
07-22-2011, 01:42 PM
What a profound solution, ... trap a wild animal to teach it to live in the wild by people that don't, .... and you people call yourselves animal lovers, ....

You're showing ignorance here for wildlife. You can rehabilitate wildlife. You CAN do catch and release programs and you CAN do breeding programs where the animal is released. It CAN happen where the Kit learns to hunt. That being said, it's probably better to leave it be because foxes raise their young together and there are probably others it can go with at the moment until September rolls around and they go off on their own. Right now the solitary fox can live with about nine foxes at once so personally I'm not worried about it. I just feel badly, because they do show emotion at losses. A lot of animals do. The elephant is a great example with ton sof journals on this now.

GreyWolf
07-22-2011, 02:21 PM
lmao, if being in the late twenties early thirties is a"kid' I bet so many people would LOVE to hear that and be flattered.-Larimar

Craig Huckerby
07-22-2011, 02:49 PM
To me it just sounds like Handyman just like to post stuff that he /she knows will irk some people, that's all it is. No use in arguing with him / her , just going around in circles. Some people like to have closed minds and others like to really enjoy the world around them. Let's just leave it at that.

Bill Nash
07-22-2011, 03:08 PM
To me it just sounds like Handyman just like to post stuff that he /she knows will irk some people, that's all it is. No use in arguing with him / her , just going around in circles. Some people like to have closed minds and others like to really enjoy the world around them. Let's just leave it at that.

Love the world Craig, .. couldn't be happier.

I thought in the media business you were supposed to be open-minded, .... how did you get this way Craig?

Bill Nash
07-22-2011, 03:11 PM
lmao, if being in the late twenties early thirties is a"kid' I bet so many people would LOVE to hear that and be flattered.-Larimar

Who called anybody a "kid"?

Bill Nash
07-22-2011, 03:19 PM
An education means you're able to read and process information so that you can use it. If an education is so easy to get why don't you go get one!

Declaring, "I have a degree" does not make you educated, it means you graduated. An "education" on the other hand, is not that easy to get, ... but don't fear, I do have one, .... but I will spare you the details, knowing your comprehension and attention span are not operating at full throttle.

GreyWolf
07-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Declaring, "I have a degree" does not make you educated, it means you graduated. An "education" on the other hand, is not that easy to get, ... but don't fear, I do have one, .... but I will spare you the details, knowing your comprehension and attention span are not operating at full throttle.
You can certaintly get an education from experience and living life, but you haven't offered any "education" for us to learn from in this thread. You haven't backed up anything.

I discussed an article that came from "research"-moose and vehicle collisions. It is not biased, though I didn't provide the actual link to it. But it is online for anyone to google. My point being, I provide facts and back them up with multiple sources and explanations. Saying insults is just trolling.

" just realized you are actually children" wasn't that you? How did you realize we were children? Certaintly a bold assumption.

As for Huckerby, the roll of the media is to give facts when they are working, but when they are working they can editorialize and give opinion and in their own life they have a right to an opinion...

_Larimar (just so nobody gets confused)

Craig Huckerby
07-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Love the world Craig, .. couldn't be happier.

I thought in the media business you were supposed to be open-minded, .... how did you get this way Craig?

You'll never met a more opened minded person than me. I don't run other people down when they have an opinion - you have yours and I have mine and I'm good with that. You however seem to take everything very personal when someone doesn't agree with you. You've proven that over and over again in this thread and many more. I'm sure you are a nice guy away from this board but at this point I can only assume that, and I hate making assumptions.

Bill Nash
07-23-2011, 02:00 AM
Larimar's post as Grey_Wolf in bold, ....
You can certaintly get an education from experience and living life, but you haven't offered any "education" for us to learn from in this thread. You haven't backed up anything.

I guess one fault I do have is I am inconveniently lazy sometimes. I generally know a bit about the subject I am speaking of, but couldn't be bothered finding a link to a source to back up what I am saying. I know it is mostly true and somewhat factual, ... if you want to question it, you look it up!

I discussed an article that came from "research"-moose and vehicle collisions. It is not biased, though I didn't provide the actual link to it. But it is online for anyone to google.

My introduction of the moose topic had nothing to do with moose/vehicle collisions, but was there to point out the fallacy in your "they were here first" defense for wild animals in the city. You didn't pick up on the co-relation, that's not my problem.

My point being, I provide facts and back them up with multiple sources and explanations. Saying insults is just trolling.

Very little that is posted on this BBS is factual, ... whether you link to sources or not. Most posts and links are merely opinions by the poster or the link/source. When you link to a site that has the word "bear" or "moose" or "wolf" in the domain name, you can be pretty sure there is some bias present. When I see that you can't come up with a logical argument, the "insults" are more an expression of frustration rather than an intention to hurt someone's feelings. Seriously, if you intend on continuing to participate on this or other BBSs, try taking a philosophy course to hone up on logical thinking. I am not saying this to be smart-a$$ed or insulting, you seem to revel in the notion you are somewhat educated (and I don't know what your "degree" is in, nor am I asking) so I think you could do much better with this added knowledge.

" just realized you are actually children" wasn't that you? How did you realize we were children? Certaintly a bold assumption.

Once again, I didn't call anyone a "kid" (as you say). If you noticed, when I used the word children, I placed it in parenthesis. This generally indicates the meaning or intent of the word is more colloquial. Deal with it in that context, and you will see what I mean (as I shake my head doubting you will).

As for Huckerby, the roll of the media is to give facts when they are working, but when they are working they can editorialize and give opinion and in their own life they have a right to an opinion...

Agreed, but you would think some of that "media guru" persona would exist in his posts as well. I generally enjoy Craig's posts, but I think he is getting frustrated with me getting frustrated. I don't take his negative comments towards me as anything else, because what I take from most of his posts is that he is a pretty good guy.

_Larimar (just so nobody gets confused)

Yep, you're confusing me, ....;)

Bill Nash
07-23-2011, 02:06 AM
You'll never met a more opened minded person than me. I don't run other people down when they have an opinion - you have yours and I have mine and I'm good with that. You however seem to take everything very personal when someone doesn't agree with you. You've proven that over and over again in this thread and many more. I'm sure you are a nice guy away from this board but at this point I can only assume that, and I hate making assumptions.

Your assumption is correct, .... dang, .... I've been found out! ;) You DO remember my reference to SooNet as a game!

chantelle7
07-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Not really, .... try looking at your uneducated use of the English language for starters. For example, are you that lazy that you can't use a "spell-check" feature? Come back and talk to me when you have at least graduated from high school, ....

I am sorry Handyman, could you please direct me to the spelling error in my statement, thank you.

chantelle7
07-24-2011, 05:27 PM

I would also like to add that I have graduated from high school and possess not one but two diplomas, and am currently in school attaining my third.

zoo crew
07-25-2011, 10:07 PM
Okay so going back to the original meaning of this post. Another fox was dead this afternoon by Essar, so just down the road from the Tube Mill. Was a very petite fox, poor thing. I really hope it wasn't the baby. Please no rude comments.

HDV
07-26-2011, 11:14 AM
I was just driving home this morning and by the looks of it, the baby fox has been hit and killed, right by the end of the plant where Patrick street is. :(

HDV
07-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Opps did not see ur post zoo crew.

chantelle7
07-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Oh that is so sad.

HDV
07-26-2011, 11:46 AM
yes it is, 1st the father, then the mother now the baby. All within a month and withing the same strip.

zoo crew
07-26-2011, 12:23 PM
It's awful. Wish they wouldn't run out into the road.

Super Gram
07-26-2011, 01:33 PM
I see in the Sault Star, there are foxes on Willow. Better stay away froim 2nd line.

Bill Nash
08-02-2011, 06:29 PM
I was just driving home this morning and by the looks of it, the baby fox has been hit and killed, right by the end of the plant where Patrick street is. :(

Thankfully, no human was injured, .... :)

HDV
08-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Thankfully, no human was injured, .... :)

I agree, thank god no one was injured. After a week the dead baby fox is still there as of this morning.. its pretty flat now. Thought the city was suppose to pick dead animals up.

HuskyWillow
08-05-2011, 12:54 AM
I agree, thank god no one was injured. After a week the dead baby fox is still there as of this morning.. its pretty flat now. Thought the city was suppose to pick dead animals up.
I guess not, whenever I go to my camp out at Prince Lake, there's a dead seagull on the road and I saw it for atleast 2 weeks I'm pretty sure. I don't know if it's still there anymore. I'm almost positive I saw a cat on second line by townline too :(

Bill Nash
08-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Road-kill attract other animals that will eat it for food. In turn, these animals are also hit by vehicles as they dine thus eliminating more nuisance animals. It is a perpetual machine to eliminate nuisance animals, .... pretty smart of the city if you ask me.

Craig Huckerby
08-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Road-kill attract other animals that will eat it for food. In turn, these animals are also hit by vehicles as they dine thus eliminating more nuisance animals. It is a perpetual machine to eliminate nuisance animals, .... pretty smart of the city if you ask me.

Why do I think that you are the type of person who will purposely run over an animal on the road? Please tell me you're not that type of person.

Bill Nash
08-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Why do I think that you are the type of person who will purposely run over an animal on the road? Please tell me you're not that type of person.

Come on Craig, ... that might damage my vehicle. If I can avoid it, I will. If it is the animal or the ditch, ..... well, too bad for the animal.

Just curious, ..... do you try to dodge the bugs hitting your windshield? ;)

Craig Huckerby
08-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Come on Craig, ... that might damage my vehicle. If I can avoid it, I will. If it is the animal or the ditch, ..... well, too bad for the animal.

Just curious, ..... do you try to dodge the bugs hitting your windshield? ;)

No I capture them in a jar and let them free when i get home...

Dragonfly
08-06-2011, 07:46 PM

lmao I was hoping you would answer with something like this. Thanks for the giggle.

kitca
08-06-2011, 10:01 PM
personally i had my windshield removed so the bugs would crash into it.

oops i mean, woud NOT crash into it

Bill Nash
08-07-2011, 12:45 AM

See, .... I let myself set you up for a funny, .... I can work with people, .... we make a great team, ..... "Handy and Hucker", .... kinda' got a nice ring to it! ;)

HDV
08-07-2011, 11:00 AM
See, .... I let myself set you up for a funny, .... I can work with people, .... we make a great team, ..... "Handy and Hucker", .... kinda' got a nice ring to it! ;)

LMAO. that made me giggle.