PDA

View Full Version : BUY Any coin collectors out there?

Punkin
08-03-2011, 07:18 AM
My Grandfather is turning 100 this month and I am looking to do a little shadow box with a couple things from 1911. I was wondering if anyone out there has any coins from that year..they are willing to part with or sell...

(long shot.. I know I can get from ebay - but thanks in advance for any help!) :)

icecapp
08-03-2011, 04:20 PM
My Grandfather is turning 100 this month and I am looking to do a little shadow box with a couple things from 1911. I was wondering if anyone out there has any coins from that year..they are willing to part with or sell...

(long shot.. I know I can get from ebay - but thanks in advance for any help!) :)

Check the pawn shop... on tancard.. you might even find bills there. Well I know they sell this kind of thing cause we always look.. but I think that would be your best bet.

Punkin
08-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Thank you icecapp, As a last minute effort, I went to SHW and found a couple 1911 coins & also found coins from Sweden which is where is was born. Hoping to make my Grampa's day a little brighter! :) Cheers!

Anapeg
08-19-2011, 11:04 PM
There are places out there that will print news papers of things that happened on the day of the persons birthday. Should be easy to track down with the net.

Punkin
08-21-2011, 08:46 PM
I actually made up a big foam board with fun facts of 1911 & statistics such as costs of bread, stamps, milk, cars, etc & life expectancy in 1911. (only because it was 48 for males.. and he reached 100 today!) The family liked it. I felt he was touched by that & the coins... I was going to do the newspaper too.. but ran out of time. Oh well.. overall great day for my Grandpa :)