PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Felix

Bill Nash
08-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Today, I lost my friend of 8 days, Felix the house fly.

When we first met, he was flying around our barbecue looking for a resting place, .... we took exception to it being our hamburger buns and chased him off. He returned with a few of his friends to share in our meal. Before we knew it, Felix had succeeded in resting his filthy little feet on one of our buns, ... it was so cute to watch.

I used to exercise daily with Felix. He would fly around the house and I would chase him with a rolled up newspaper, .... he was such a frisky and agile fly. Over the next few days, I learned to ignore the fact he was resting on our next meal thawing on the counter, or hovering around the toilet seat waiting to share in our reading of my favorite book.

He learned his name very quickly. I could walk into the kitchen and call, ".... Felix, Felix, .... come here boy, ...", and he would soon miraculously appear. Then this morning, I noticed a flutter in the corner of our kitchen window. To my horror, I saw a newly spun spider's web with Felix firmly attached to it. I swear I could hear his little fly-mouth scream, as the spider bit into his furry little abdomen and ended Felix's life. I quickly grabbed a paper towel and scooped up Felix and the murderous spider. I gave Felix a proper burial, flushing him into house-fly heaven.

I guess I will have to mourn until next summer, when I can again look forward to finding a new friend in one of Felix's offspring. I think I'll call him "Wonder" fly, .... after his place of birth.

Larimar
08-09-2011, 12:02 PM
bored?

HDV
08-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Most of your posts I just laugh off but this is a little rude. Someone lost their pet and is upset about it, its not cool to go make fun of that persons grieving post.

Bill Nash
08-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Most of your posts I just laugh off but this is a little rude. Someone lost their pet and is upset about it, its not cool to go make fun of that persons grieving post.

You've hurt my feelings, ....

Bill Nash
08-09-2011, 02:18 PM

I am not making fun of anyone, .... if I was, I would be posting on their thread, .... I have shown that much respect. I thought my own thread would lighten the moment, .... too bad you don't have a humorous bone in your body, .... you're elbowless, ....

A*lil*Loopy
08-09-2011, 04:57 PM
I can appreciate the creative writing effort but the timing is just plain bad. Maybe you'd be kind enough to lighten up the obituaries for our local paper, I'm sure the families would really enjoy the mood lightening moment.

Bill Nash
08-09-2011, 06:28 PM
I can appreciate the creative writing effort but the timing is just plain bad. Maybe you'd be kind enough to lighten up the obituaries for our local paper, I'm sure the families would really enjoy the mood lightening moment.

I have had two PM 's sent to me so far from members here that thought it was entertaining, .... which is all it was meant to be. I was never here to make friends (in case you haven't figured that part out yet). Have a good day, ....:)