PDA

View Full Version : should i send this to my nasty neighbour?

kitca
08-21-2011, 12:10 PM
so, i am thinking of sending this to his home address and suggest that he send us a thank you and im sorry letter and here is a sample he could use. it made me feel better to write it. i wish i had the actual nerve to do it. his wife is a little better than him, she may actually have a feeling. he has written us several nasty notes over the years left on our back door addressed to, att: neighbour

Dear mr & mrs ________

I am so sorry that after 20 years of you minding my property that I couldnít be bothered with, that I have never bothered to learn your names. Even though my property came right against yours I didnít care that it was full of weeds that would take over the whole area if not kept under control. I know I would not put up with this myself at my residential home, but this is just a property in what I consider a bad end of town and you all really donít matter to me because you are nobodyís as far as Iím concerned.

And I now really want to thank you for keeping on tending this property all these years and not calling the city like you have every right to and forcing me to have to look after my own. Even when I have been so rude and obnoxious over the years you have still carried on and not called the city. It would be an ongoing expense to have this property kept up all these years.

And now after 20 years of this I seem to only find a delight in further being rude and obnoxious to you, even denying the fact that you asked permission to plant groundcovers, bulbs, perennials, and beautiful shrubs like lilac, elderberry and spirea to not only tend my property but to have it looking like it belonged in a park. I loved smashing down these costly plants that you loved and bossing you around and telling you what to do. I took pleasure in telling you that your yard was a mess, I did not realize that you had been on the garden tours and had won city beautification, I am just an ignorant bully and because you do not live in the ritzy east end like me I do not respect you.

It never even crossed my mind that you might have done all of this because my property was a disgusting mess and since it was right against yours it looked horrible in your yard. That the only reason you asked to tend it was because my weeds would just spill all over your yard and you could never keep up. If I would have looked after my own you would not have had to do this all these years and now be out the money from those plantings. I am so pig headed and full of myself that I just assumed other people would tend my property until the time I get my panties all in a knot over something and decide to tell you all off. Even though you have done nothing wrong whatsoever I still enjoy bulling you and making you upset and uncomfortable.

Please accept this thank you note with my sincerest apologies for being such an absolute *******, but that is what I am and all I will ever be.

yoda
08-21-2011, 12:30 PM
no, don't send it. He is probably the type of person who gains joy from others pain...don't satisfy him

TNT
08-21-2011, 12:43 PM
no, don't send it. He is probably the type of person who gains joy from others pain...don't satisfy him

I would soooooo send it. Perhaps nobody has ever stepped up to him and this is why he feels superior. Send the sample letter!! Let him realize how much of an ******* he's been! :)

ssmarie
08-21-2011, 12:49 PM
waste of energy on someone you don't care about so why bother

Anapeg
08-21-2011, 12:52 PM
If he is as you describe why would he care whether or not you like him. All you succeed in doing is to let him know beyond any doubt he has upset you and that he has occupied your thoughts. If that is the image you seek, send away.

HDV
08-21-2011, 01:22 PM
HE keeps bulling because people let him. Someone needs to grow some balls arouind there ( not just you Kitca) but all the neighbors who he bullies.
He obviously gets great joy out of doing what he does. He feels like he has power over all of you. Its sickening.
I understand that some people do not like confrontation, as i do not either. But I will be damned if i ll let a anyone bully me. You pay lots of money to live where you live, you should be able to do as you please in your own home and on your property.
Next time he sends you a letter, put it in a envelope and write on it" return to sender" and stick it in his mail box. Or wrinkle it into a ball and throw it is him yard..lol

Bill Nash
08-21-2011, 01:30 PM
The letter is pretty poorly written and will have little effect on the neighbour other than let him know he has upset you, ... which is obviously his goal.

It appears you are attempting some sharp, sarcastic comments. Since this is not in your demeanor, I would find someone who has the demeanor you are attempting to portray, give them the info, and let them compose a letter for you. Just be careful not to say something you will have to pay for later.

I say, let him put up the fence. Late at night, do some nasty graffiti on it portraying him like he really is, .... just play dumb and blame it on the local pranksters.

ssmarie
08-21-2011, 01:30 PM
that too would require a waste of negative energy on someone she supposedly doesn't like or want anything to do with so again why bother

yoda
08-21-2011, 01:38 PM
bottom line...it's his property, he pays the taxes, he can do as he pleases

Larimar
08-21-2011, 01:46 PM
That looks like a great way to vent and let off some of your steam in any case Kitca. People like that probably aren't worth your time. Not only that but people like him will look for anything to cause you more trouble if they feel provoked. :(

IMHO
08-21-2011, 02:17 PM
It would behove you to write a letter, if you feel YOU MUST, when you are NOT angry. It might come across as helpful rather than just plain hurtful. You catch more flies with honey.

official soonet pu$$ycat
08-21-2011, 02:32 PM
You catch more flies with honey.

You catch even more with dirty garbage. Trust me I missed garbage day once.

Peety
08-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Can you call the township? Is there a bylaw?

Barry Morris
08-21-2011, 05:43 PM
That looks like a great way to vent and let off some of your steam in any case Kitca. People like that probably aren't worth your time. Not only that but people like him will look for anything to cause you more trouble if they feel provoked. :(

When I consider seemingly obnoxious people, I often note that they are married, have children and friends.

Are their wives stupid?? Their kids, too?? ALL their friends??

Maybe you're missing something.

Have a BBQ. Invite them. Find out the truth.

RWGR
08-21-2011, 05:46 PM
"Thou will knoweth truth when thy barbecue is fulleth"

-Proverbs

:)

Larimar
08-21-2011, 05:50 PM
When I consider seemingly obnoxious people, I often note that they are married, have children and friends.

I understand what you're trying to say. the love your enemy suggestion is not something I'm unfamiliar with. It's important to give people chances and to get to know one another. That is not always possible though. Think of a family where the father is abusive. He has both wife and kids and probably work buddies etc. It doesn't mean he is a good person nor does it mean his family is "stupid". Not all people should be friends with you. Negativity breeds negativity.

Anapeg
08-21-2011, 06:05 PM

Get him vulnerable then and only then you centre him out and cast his ass off your land!

yoda
08-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Misery loves company. Very often you find people who are always *****ing and complaining about everything and they surround themselves with people that are the same way...that would drive me nuts, what a downer

TNT
08-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Yea send him into exile....like in the lion king! Remember this is real life pple! If you have somthing to say....SAY IT! This is the ONLY time pple will hear you. Dont fear sounding like a bad person, he has made you feeel this way and in all circumstances YOU are not the bad one.
Avoiding confrontation gets you one place....NOWHERE....if you wish to settle this you must do whats nessesary regardless how it makes the @$$hole feel! Believe me you're NOT the bad guy. A sitting duck gets nowhere...Whats the worse that can happen??? He doesnt like you? Apparently you have NOTHING to lose!!

08-21-2011, 06:52 PM
The letter is pretty poorly written and will have little effect on the neighbour other than let him know he has upset you, ... which is obviously his goal.

It appears you are attempting some sharp, sarcastic comments. Since this is not in your demeanor, I would find someone who has the demeanor you are attempting to portray, give them the info, and let them compose a letter for you. Just be careful not to say something you will have to pay for later.

I say, let him put up the fence. Late at night, do some nasty graffiti on it portraying him like he really is, .... just play dumb and blame it on the local pranksters.

Oh, where to begin? LOL

kitca
08-21-2011, 07:33 PM
well, it made me feel good to write the letter. even knowing it wouldnt be sent, just getting my thoughts out of my head and onto a page is therapeutic for me. i dont care how he feels about it, i did it for me.....but thinking of sending it i thought of his wife - a bit more mellow maybe more understanding - just so she could see what her dearly loved was doing.

its fine to say stop thinking about it, but i cant right now. its got me very upset. i know he can do what he wants in his property - but its the deliberate hurting of me and other neighbours that just gets to me. remember, he doesnt live there, its just an abandoned warehouse sitting there. no business in it for the past 5-6 years now maybe more. he comes by twice a year to make sure its safe and sound. he gets his panties in a knot if someone has piled anything on his property. one year it was grass clippings right at the edge, (not me) one year it was the construction of a large compost container at the edge of my property close to his (he thinks it will attract rats to raid his building) and this year it was another neighbour who piled some brush cuttings on his property but phoned him to say they would be there for a day or two --- it was actually dead wood from the nasty guys tree that the neighbour had cut and even offered to clean up the whole rest of the dead wood in the trees (he has bonfires and likes the dry wood). 2 days later he was served with papers from a lawyer and instructions to the tree cutters that that neighbour was not to get even one branch of wood - it was all to be hauled away.

so deep down i want to do mean things like spray paint graffitti , but ive never done anything like that and its just not in me to do it. id like to throw chicken bones and meat scrapes by his building too, but of course wouldnt do it.

and you are right, i HATE confrontation - i suck at it, i just crumble and cry and cant remember anything that i wanted to say and then remember it all later when its too late and all over and the person has walked all over me.

anyway, its good just to vent on here, thanks!

ssmarie
08-21-2011, 08:27 PM
[QUOTE=TNT;674636]Yea send him into exile....like in the lion king! Remember this is real life pple! If you have somthing to say....SAY IT! This is the ONLY time pple will hear you. Dont fear sounding like a bad person, he has made you feeel this way and in all circumstances

no one makes a person feel angry, sad, bitter, etc.....the person chooses to feel that way and until one changes how they feel.

This saying comes to mind: If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got

ByrdDawg
08-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Send him the letter but leave out all the stuff expressing what you think of him as a person.

That just focuses him on the insults and the point you are trying to make will be lost.

Giggle Squirt
08-21-2011, 10:21 PM
you have a very pretty yard!

A*lil*Loopy
08-23-2011, 06:13 PM
I agree with having someone else do up a very well said letter, one that really packs a punch of reality. Save it and when you receive another letter from him, return both copies to him and ask him politely to his face if he would please read everything thoroughly.
It sounds like this guy is a real jerk and doesn't appreciate anyones efforts. I wouldn't make any effort to help his property, and I certainly would call and complain to the city/township if it does become an eyesore.
For therapeutic reasons, I would do up a cartoon of his face and have it in the back yard on a dart board...............then have the barbeque.

kitca
08-23-2011, 09:52 PM
thanks. believe me, we didnt do it for him. me and the other neighbour did it for ourselves.

cybolynx
08-23-2011, 11:38 PM
just walk up to the front door and say .. you hurt me .. then lift up the 12gauge and pull the trigger .. help the rest of the family and claim insanity and your scott free in like 2 years .. it is sault ste marie ..

JOKING OF COURSE .. i mean its not like some people haven't thought of it .. or done it ..