PDA

View Full Version : Nail Clipping

Jackie B
08-23-2011, 12:01 PM
My litlte chihuahua has always let me clip her claws, but the last time, she pulled away and yelped before I even started applying pressure to the first nail. Her claws are so long, they tilt to one side when she walks now. So I'm wondering where is a good place to take her where they won't hurt her, and what the price is for that service?

MaO3
08-23-2011, 12:36 PM
I took my boy to Yips not too long ago. They did a great job and I think it was $10

Larimar
08-23-2011, 02:17 PM
My litlte chihuahua has always let me clip her claws, but the last time, she pulled away and yelped before I even started applying pressure to the first nail. Her claws are so long, they tilt to one side when she walks now. So I'm wondering where is a good place to take her where they won't hurt her, and what the price is for that service?

Check to see how long her quick got (if it is past a point where it is too long to cut now) and that will tell you if you should go to a service for grooming or to the vets for assistance. Hope your pup is okay :)

TNT
08-24-2011, 06:13 PM
If they tilt to a side, then they've gone too long, the quicks follow the growth, you may need to have a vet cut them back as the amt they'll need to be cut will likely produce blood. You'll want them cauderized. I'd call your vet! :)

Jackie B
08-24-2011, 07:20 PM
My girl had a vet appointment already scheduled for today, and they cut them for me. She's the picture of health, other than lots of tartar build up on her teeth. I almost had a heart attack when she pulled out these pliers and popped a big hard chunk of tartar out of her mouth. So, I have the fun task of trying to get her build up off (or pay $300 for the vet to do it). I got some doggy toothpaste and a finger brush for her. Fun stuff.

MelissaBrian
09-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Hey Jackie B....how are ya?