PDA

View Full Version : Typical Candidate Hype

Bill Nash
08-24-2011, 01:18 PM
During the last municipal election, two mayoral candidates promised to continue their involvement in the community even if not elected.

So, my question is, what has Julie Hryniewicz and Ron Schinners done in this community since losing the election? Both boasted they would continue a semi-high profile in the community, and that their involvement wasn't just political gusto, but I haven't even seen as much as a letter to the editor from either candidate.

Am I just imagining this, or can anyone cough up a baby-kissing photo-op or two to validate this election-time promise?

Bluesky
08-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Does kissing a baby even qualify as community involvement?

official soonet pu$$ycat
08-24-2011, 01:23 PM
So anyone who helps a community has to have a press release about it?

Barry Morris
08-24-2011, 02:14 PM
So anyone who helps a community has to have a press release about it?

Indeed. Who is going to advertise what the former candidates are doing??

Edit to add; ...and if they let you know themselves, they'd be called braggarts!!!! :) :) :)

official soonet pu$$ycat
08-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Indeed. Who is going to advertise what the former candidates are doing??

Edit to add; ...and if they let you know themselves, they'd be called braggarts!!!! :) :) :)

Got that right. Sometimes you just can't win

Bill Nash
08-24-2011, 03:04 PM
I am sure the press would pick-up on any involvement in the community on the part of these candidates. It makes news, regardless how petty it seems. I wonder in Julie Hryniewicz even lives in the Sault anymore. It was thought she only took up residence in a Kohler Street apartment to qualify as living in the city. Is she back to her cozy confines on St. Joseph Island? Schinners had numerous letters to the editor in the previous month to the election, ... not one since.

They don't have to be bragging, but their absence is noticeable.

IMHO
08-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Councillor Tridico also made a promise when her family bought the Catholic Church on Cathcart...they were going to look after the homeless who needed housing if I recall correctly...SEE...they all make promises...small potatoes in the long run.

RWGR
08-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Does kissing a baby even qualify as community involvement?

If you're Bill Clinton, yes. There is a very good chance the baby is yours, so you would be doing your fatherly duty.