PDA

View Full Version : help with microsoft word

kitca
08-25-2011, 06:06 PM
im making a t shirt and need to mirror or invert my text. i know how to do it on paint shop pro, but this is all text so i was doing it with word. can anyone tell me how to do it. thanks.

ByrdDawg
08-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Take a screen shot of your word page and then paste it into paintshop.

Besides that, doesn't paintshop have a text option?

Bluesky
08-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Search your Help file.. with "mirror text" and this should show up.

Flip a picture, shape, text box, or WordArt
When you flip a shape or other object (object: A table, chart, graphic, equation, or other form of information. Objects created in one application, for example spreadsheets, and linked or embedded in another application are OLE objects.), you create a reverse image of the shape or object.

Tip You can create a mirror image of an object by making a copy of the object and then flipping it. Drag the duplicate object into a position where it mirrors the original object.

1.Click the picture (picture: A file (such as a metafile) that you can ungroup and manipulate as two or more objects or a file that stays as a single object (such as bitmaps).), shape, text box (text box: A movable, resizable container for text or graphics. Use text boxes to position several blocks of text on a page or to give text a different orientation from other text in the document.), or WordArt (WordArt: Text objects you create with ready-made effects to which you can apply additional formatting options.) that you want to flip.
2.Do one of the following:
To flip a picture, under Picture Tools, click the Format tab.

If you do not see the Picture Tools or Format tabs, make sure that you selected a picture. You may have to double-click the picture in order to open the Format tab.

To flip a shape, text box, or WordArt, under Drawing Tools, click the Format tab.

If you do not see the Drawing Tools or Format tabs, make sure that you selected a shape, text box, or WordArt. You might have to double-click the object to open the Format tab.

3.In the Arrange group, click Rotate, and then do one of the following:
To reverse the object vertically, click Flip Vertical.
To reverse the object horizontally, click Flip Horizontal.

kitca
08-26-2011, 10:29 AM
thank you so much. i ended up doing it in psp. thanks bluesky, ill save your instructions for next time.

Scoff
08-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Just some insight for the future ... (so you won't have to "save" what Bluesky said)

Whenever you want to know how to do something, just google it. In this example you could try this when searching Google:

"mirror text Microsoft Word"

The first result shows "How to create mirrored text in PowerPoint, in Word, and in Excel"

Want to know how to bake a black forest cake? Why come here and wait for replies when you can google "bake black forest cake" and get a thousand recipes in the 10 seconds it took to type and click search.

A very simple solution that helps anything and everything and it answers back immediately, you have a question? Who cares what it is ... google it!

Bluesky also mentioned another key phrase: "Search your help file".

This is applicable to anything on your computer.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic but we've come to a point in our technological advancement where we must be self-sufficient. Knowing how and when to use search engines is a very easy part and should begin your progress to self sufficiency.

As it was said, give a man a fish and he can eat for a day ... teach that man to fish and he can eat a lifetime.

Just trying to set you up for a lifetime of self sufficiency in personal-computing.

Bluesky
09-05-2011, 08:58 AM
On the other hand, if one does not know about how to use the Help file (sometimes those help files can be very frustrating if one does not know the key words to use) one can quickly get help on Soonet! ;)