PDA

View Full Version : Just when I thought television was as low......

Karen-Annie
08-27-2011, 01:43 PM
.....as it could go:

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/featured/prime-time/867432237001/orange-overdose/1130650846001

Huggy85
08-27-2011, 01:49 PM
SUN can always find a way to set the bar even lower.

Craig Huckerby
08-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Now there's a perfectly good waste of a channel ....

steve
08-27-2011, 02:04 PM
I WAS a supporter of getting sun news on my bell tv but not any more...what a tasteless,cowardly thing to do to a good CANADIAN!!!!!!!

A*lil*Loopy
08-27-2011, 02:25 PM
I couldn't even bother watching more than a minute. I'm not usually offended by someone having a little laugh over serious things, sometimes it's needed to break the downward mood. But SUN is just plain disrespectful.

Bill Nash
08-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Since I only have a dial-up connection and can't wait the half hour for the video to load up, .... just what is the issue?

Karen-Annie
08-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Since I only have a dial-up connection and can't wait the half hour for the video to load up, .... just what is the issue?

It is a disgusting clip from Ezra Levant's show on SunNews, broadcast on either the 25th. or 26th. He is wearing an orange wig, has a can of Orange Crush on the desk and he and the other creep are "celebrating" National Necrophilia Week. It's his diatribe on Jack Layton's death. I've read a few of his columns in the Sault Star and he out-rightwings even Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, etc. I don't think the word "respect" is in his vocabulary.

Craig Huckerby
08-28-2011, 02:55 PM
It is a disgusting clip from Ezra Levant's show on SunNews, broadcast on either the 25th. or 26th. He is wearing an orange wig, has a can of Orange Crush on the desk and he and the other creep are "celebrating" National Necrophilia Week. It's his diatribe on Jack Layton's death. I've read a few of his columns in the Sault Star and he out-rightwings even Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, etc. I don't think the word "respect" is in his vocabulary.

I can't stand that guy - he's so obnoxious and self righteous

ByrdDawg
08-28-2011, 03:37 PM
If you listen closely, they are not disrespecting Jack Layton.

They are expressing an opinion that some people and organizations are using his death to further their own agendas.

official soonet pu$$ycat
08-28-2011, 04:32 PM

... I don't think its fair to lump Rush in with Glenn Beck. Nobody deserves that.

Karen-Annie
08-28-2011, 04:55 PM
If you listen closely, they are not disrespecting Jack Layton.

They are expressing an opinion that some people and organizations are using his death to further their own agendas.

There is a far better way to go about it. Their antics, at least to me, disrespected Jack because they essentially disrespected those who are mourning his loss. If they wanted to get across the point that there were some who were using it to further their agendas, they didn't need the orange wig and the Orange Crush can or to dud it "National Necrophilia Week". Nor did they need the "just put him in the ground already". But, hey, having a measured discussion stating who was using the occasion to further their agendas and how they were doing so wouldn't stir things up and get attention and further THEIR agenda, would it?! Pot-kettle.

Super Gram
08-28-2011, 06:30 PM
I just looked at that orange wig and I knew what was going to happen.Sun News needs to wash their mouths out with gasoline lol