View Full Version : vibrogym???

08-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Anyone doing this Vibrogym??
and if so how does it work ,what are your results>??

Im interested in trying this!

09-02-2007, 12:16 PM
I just signed up for vibrogym..I know transformations for women has a machine but it is expensive so I signed up at vibrogym. Right now the membership is 199 for the year. It is the open house special won't be those prices for long. I did some research on it. Apparently it doesn't just work the major muscles but also the little muscles in your body, it stimulate the metobolism and a bunch of other stuff if you google it you will find it all out. I have a friend who worked at vibrogym and she saw women using it and she says it works. I am signed up to the the legs bums and tums program along with arm toning. I go next week for my first consult. I will keep you posted.

09-02-2007, 09:01 PM
THAT would be great please thanks

09-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Oh forgot to ask where is this that you applied at?

09-02-2007, 11:32 PM
at vibrogym....on great northern road.

09-03-2007, 05:46 PM
I heard its good but I would want to talk to ppl who have had real results from this rather then hear it from ppl who work there

09-04-2007, 12:34 AM
This person didn't work at vibrogym she worked at transformations and she no longer works there so she isn't trying to get my business. She said she has seen the results and infact is also getting a vibrogym membership because she believes in it. So again I will say I will keep you all posted as to how well I am doing with it. I start this week with it. I did all my research and I think its all good.

09-04-2007, 12:36 AM
Researchers have discovered that when a cheetah purrs, the vibrations help stimulate blood circulation, warm the muscles and support the body's recovery. Having an internal vibration system helps the cheetah stimulate healing and bone growth while at rest.

Weight training usually builds muscle due to the force exerted by gravity on the increased mass. Since there’s no gravity in space, scientists had to find an alternative to prevent loss of muscle – Vibration based training!

Whole Body Vibrations increase the acceleration factor acting on your body, increasing the force exerted and building muscle strength without the need for additional weights. Contact with a Vibrogym induces a Tonic Vibration Reflex (TVR) which recruits up to 95% of your muscle fibres whereas in conventional resistance training only 40-50% of your muscle fibres are recruited. Vibrations also lead to increased blood flow, hormonal releases and the activation of stabilizing muscles..

Proven benefits include:
Increase in Muscular Strength, Endurance, Power and Size
Increase in Bone Mineral Density and Joint Stability
Increase in Metabolic rate
Improvement in Balance and Posture
Improvement in Joint stability
Increase in Flexibility
Reduction in pain and fatigue
Reduction in Cellulite

ow many times a week should I do vibration training?
For optimal results it is best to use the VibroGym at least 3 times a week, although even using the machine once a week would be beneficial. We advise training 3 times a week, as frequent stimulation of your body will help you achieve your training goal much sooner. To achieve a training effect you have to keep overloading the body so it adapts to withstand extra stimuli. If you only train occasionally your body will not have the need to adapt so your training will not have any effect.

Will vibration training cause me to lose weight?
The principle of energy balance is such that the calories consumed during a day would have to be less than those expended to start a reduction in fat stores. Vibration training has a large influence on many of the processes involved with losing weight though so you will most likely lose fat stores while training this way. This will however depend on how fit you already are - the more fatty tissue you have in the body, the more you will lose. Training on the VibroGym has been shown to increase metabolism, which means you will burn more calories while exercising and the hormones produced with vibration training also have a significant influence on reducing fatty tissue. However, as with any training modality you will have to control your calorie intake to see any changes. It is important to note that the reduction in fat stores will not necessarily be reflected with a loss of body weight. The increases in bone density obtained with vibration training may cause an increase in weight. Furthermore as muscle tissue is heavier than fatty tissue, the increases in muscle stores that occurs with Vibration training will also cause you to put weight on, although your body tone will visibly improve.

Are there any side effects from vibration training?
Some people complain of headaches after training. If this is the case, providing you have been training correctly, then your headaches will be caused by lack of fluid intake before training. Almost 70% of the population is suffering from dehydration and as our bodies consist of over 50% water, fluid balance is vital. Vibration training causes activation of the lymphatic system, which results in a loss of body fluids so we advise to drink about 500ml of a glucose drink, half an hour before training.

09-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the info on this....

May get into this in the fall...

and please keep me informed on your progress ty

09-07-2007, 09:59 AM
where is vibrogym on gt northern rd?

09-08-2007, 08:35 PM
ys great northern road near the WSIB offices

09-08-2007, 09:33 PM
thx, ill have to check it out.

09-11-2007, 11:50 AM
I did my first session at vibrogym. OMG my legs are killing me and my arms. I think it is really going to work. I "FEEL THE BURN"! The office/gym is sorta small right now but they have the office space next door which they are turning into the actual gym part and the offices will be where they are now. I heard they are getting more machines as well. Right now there are 8 machines (I think) but no line ups. Anyways Just thought I would post. I am going back again tomorrow.

09-11-2007, 12:04 PM
do they have a phone number

09-11-2007, 11:41 PM

09-12-2007, 12:47 PM
I woke up today a little sore...ok a lot sore not bad for a 20 minute work out so I went again today. I will go tomorrow after work. Or maybe before we will see what happens. Anyways \i realy think it is working the muscles that is for sure.

09-12-2007, 03:43 PM
keep us up on this..im realy interested!!!!

09-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Today was my third visit. I went at 4:20 different time then usual and again there was no wait for a machine. I went in and was out in 30 minutes. It really is a work out, you would think sitting standing, squatting on a vibrating platform would not be so difficult, but it really is and my body is telling me it is working. So that is my experience for the third visit. I'll try to go again after work tomorrow.

09-14-2007, 08:15 AM
what are the rules for the vibe gym?

how often do you go in a week ?

09-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Don't think there are any rules per say...never saw any rules. I have gone 4 times this week. Today was visit number 4. Hopefully by next week I will be upto 2 minutes per exercise right now it is 1 and my muscles are sore, but good sore.

10-18-2007, 10:44 PM
any updates on this?

10-20-2007, 11:39 PM
yeah did you loose wieght and do you feel better ,whats it done for you???

10-22-2007, 10:13 PM
All I can say is I enjoy going, I feel better, feel more energized and I have only had my membership since Sept. Not even 2 full months yet and the past couple weeks I have not had a chance to go. Although you really only have to go for about 10-15 minutes a day I work night shift and when I get up I'm a little groggy as I don't sleep well during the day and I have been feel very headachy plus working two jobs and volunteering 15 hours a week not much time in between to work out. I hope to keep going atleast 2 times a week until my schedule changes in Dec then I can pick up to 5 -6 times a week. I do recommend vibrogym. You are welcome to go and check it out, they will give you a tour and a brief trial to see what it is like.

10-31-2007, 08:11 PM
They have specials on right now and it's actually a pretty good deal. I believe it is $399 for a membership, which is pretty reasonable. I'll be going for mine soon. They also offer different packages so that if you want to get body wraps done, they have that also but those packages are more $.

I've been looking into it for a while now and have decided that it's probably my best bet. I haven't heard a single complaint, and probably won't.

10-31-2007, 11:37 PM
I love it unfortunately I can't go as often as I would like but starting middle of December I should be able to get back to it daily. My membership was 199 for the year but I got the grand opening special they had it for awhile but even 399 is not bad when comparing it to other gyms. Let me knwo what you think Loopy if you tell them I sent you you will get your name entered in to a draw of r a home machine and I get my name entered. If you interested let me know I will PM you my name.

11-01-2007, 04:11 PM
that isnt a bad price concidering its for a whole year...

hmmmmmmm will start after Xmas i think!