PDA

View Full Version : Video/pic presentation question?

MaO3
08-31-2011, 11:43 AM
So my Dear old Dad is turning 80 this fall and my sister and I have decided we should do a video/picture presentation for him. Many of our family members live too far away to drive in at the end of November - so next weekend we're going away and are trying to get a few family members and old friends to say a little "happy birthday" to him.

What I'm wondering is what is the best/easiest/cheapest (preferably free) software to edit this all together? I'm open to suggestions and any offers of help!!!

ByrdDawg
08-31-2011, 12:36 PM
Windows Moviemaker - You probably already have it - if you're running Windows.

MaO3
08-31-2011, 12:50 PM
yep I do is it easy to use? I'm trying this for the first time....but thankfully I've got some time to learn...:)

ByrdDawg
08-31-2011, 12:58 PM
It's pretty easy to use - best case scenario, you connect your camera, import the video you want and edit it.

MaO3
08-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Cool thanks for the suggestion. I'd heard I should try powerpoint, and I see it does have an insert video option but i didnt' know if it would be cumbersome. I have till nearly the end of november so I should be able to figure things out by then....:teeth:

ByrdDawg
08-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Haven't played around too much with Powerpoint but I'm thinking the learning curve for that might be a little steeper than Moviemaker.

MaO3
08-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Thanks ByrdDawg, I use powerpoint at work for presentations but the newest version has the video insert in it. I've never used that part thats for sure. I guess I'll pay around with both as soon as I get a couple of clips and pics to start with. See which one I like.

Thanks for your help
:)

MaO3
08-31-2011, 02:30 PM
Movie maker is AWESOME! I just played around with it for a few minutes... its great. Thanks a lot ByrdDawg I think its going to do exactly what I need!