PDA

View Full Version : bike accident on gt. northern road

kitca
08-31-2011, 05:50 PM
does anyone know anything about the bike/vehicle accident on gt. northern road that happened on the weekend? im wondering why there is no coverage of it at all in the paper or local2 or sootoday. i know the accident occurred and it was bad and was wondering why there is no coverage.

i feel so sad for the victims of this, i do not mean to be morbid.

edited to add that there is a post from a couple days ago called st. georges ave. where several folks saw the accident but no reports still have been made.

Soonet-china
08-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Maybe some so called important person caused the accident ?

Craig Huckerby
08-31-2011, 06:34 PM
http://www.local2.ca/ssm/viewarticle.php?id=2421 That's weird, you're right. We haven't received anything on it. We did get this one today.

kitca
08-31-2011, 08:12 PM
it is wierd isnt it. pm to you craig huckerby

Bill Nash
08-31-2011, 08:19 PM
does anyone know anything about the bike/vehicle accident on gt. northern road that happened on the weekend? im wondering why there is no coverage of it at all in the paper or local2 or sootoday. i know the accident occurred and it was bad and was wondering why there is no coverage.

i feel so sad for the victims of this, i do not mean to be morbid.

edited to add that there is a post from a couple days ago called st. georges ave. where several folks saw the accident but no reports still have been made.

Quit chasing ambulances, .... the police at St. Georges Avenue where there for a different reason, ....

kitca
08-31-2011, 08:20 PM
it musta been a really busy police weekend !!!

official soonet pu$$ycat
08-31-2011, 08:31 PM
There was a lot of blood on the ground but I assumed since there was nothing on the news that everyone was ok.

autum1
09-01-2011, 07:37 AM
I heard about that same accident, a friend of mine said the bike was toast and lots of blood on the pavement. I have heard nothing about it.

Lance1
09-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Great Northern Road! Its crazy enough to dive a truck on let alone a bike.

Anapeg
09-01-2011, 08:10 AM
A bike and rider weigh in at what, 200 pounds? My 4x4 comes in at just over 7000 pounds. Add to that the confusion of hundreds of other motorists and viola, biker down. Unless your destination is right there why would anyone tempt fate and recreational peddling through there? Just because it is allowed is a piss poor reason. You really have to wonder why bicycles are allowed on a multi lane anyway.

kitca
09-01-2011, 08:13 AM
some people cannot afford 1 vehicle let alone a 2nd vehicle and bike because they need to get to work. i dont know the case here, but for years we could not afford a 2nd vehicle and my hubby biked through thick and thin because he had to.

Anapeg
09-01-2011, 08:23 AM
some people cannot afford 1 vehicle let alone a 2nd vehicle and bike because they need to get to work. i dont know the case here, but for years we could not afford a 2nd vehicle and my hubby biked through thick and thin because he had to.

I can see your point but perhaps walking the bike in super busy places? It is your life and ultimately your choice but for my safety I would walk it through there. Tourists, people lost, traffic going in, out and around, through and over, too much confusion to toss a little bike and rider into for my peace of mind.

Xzavia
09-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Hubby saw that accident on GNR, but we couldn't find anything online about it either. He said it looked bad when he saw it too.

SIMBA
09-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Great Northern Road is terrible! There aren't enough lanes to facilitate the heavy traffic much less a bike. It's been even worse ever since the hospital opened. I remember driving from Burger King to North Husky in less than 10 minutes...lol. Now it takes a good 20 sometimes especially in peak traffic!

opinionated
09-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Was talking to someone that claims they called the Sault Star and was basically told "we don't know what you're talking about.". This same person also says that one of the vehicles involved was someone from the Northern Treatment center. Could all be heresay... But interesting nonetheless. Media blackout?

dancingqueen
09-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Bikes don't belong on the road, this cheap crap excuse for a city should fork over the dough to make bike lanes like any other progressive city...or any city claiming to be progressing at least.
Bikes on the sidewalk, or make bike lanes. Simple, safe, proper.

SIMBA
09-01-2011, 09:49 AM
I've been saying that for years!! I completely agree DQ!

IMHO
09-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Not too many people walk anymore...put those bikes on the sidewalks...they impede traffic and almost cause collisions as motorists try to get around them. I hate when they act like cars and drive through busy intersections(making left turns for example). Get off that bike and walk it across please !!!!

1981star
09-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Kitca,
I wondered the same. We drove by and seen all the blood on the blood on the ground, and the police had someone oulled over at the scene. I kept checking the news sites and never seen anyhting about it. Thought it was weird too.

Anapeg
09-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Bikes don't belong on the road, this cheap crap excuse for a city should fork over the dough to make bike lanes like any other progressive city...or any city claiming to be progressing at least.
Bikes on the sidewalk, or make bike lanes. Simple, safe, proper.

I third this!

Craig Huckerby
09-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Okay, well I phone the police on this matter. From the report given, it wasn't a cyclist but a pedestrian. The pedestrian was hit by a vehicle exiting a parking lot on Great Northern Road. The victim was taken to hospital with non life threatening injuries and later released.

Anapeg
09-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Okay, well I phone the police on this matter. From the report given, it wasn't a cyclist but a pedestrian. The pedestrian was hit by a vehicle exiting a parking lot on Great Northern Road. The victim was taken to hospital with non life threatening injuries and later released.

Does this mean we have to stop *****ing about bikes?

kitca
09-01-2011, 05:53 PM
well there are some rumours circulating out there. i sure hope it isnt a coverup.

kitca
09-01-2011, 05:54 PM
thats weird craig because people saw the mangled bike.

official soonet pu$$ycat
09-01-2011, 06:20 PM
I saw the bike but I said to my other cat friends, it doesn't look like anything is wrong with the bike. Perhaps a cyclist stopped to help. I have a magic bike theory if anyone is interested one day.

Anapeg
09-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Magic bike??, do tell feline!! :)

Wait, wait, let me get comfy this is gonna be good, I just know it. OK, go ahead.

official soonet pu$$ycat
09-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Well the magic bike theory is that the bike was hit knocking the cyclist off the bike he landed on his feet for a fraction of a second. This now makes him a pedestrian. The mangled bike was hit by a spinning car in such a way that it knocked the bike back to it's original form. And just to make it more magical, upon reformation some streamers and spokeedokes appeared. Far fetched to the eye....but is it?

official soonet pu$$ycat
09-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Shall we smoke on that one? ..perhaps it would make more sense afterward?? ;)

http://tinyurl.com/3mgmy4f

In the interest of figuring out what I said, let's light one up.

IMHO
09-01-2011, 07:44 PM
I saw the mangled bike on my way by. 2 hours later when i passed by again the same mangled bike was still in the middle of the road surrounded by police cars with flashing lights. Traffic was down to one lane each way. If the bike was NOT involved...would they not put it to the side of the road? This is getting to smell of a coverup. Craig...check again please.

kitca
09-01-2011, 07:54 PM
so, we have a mangled bike, lots and lots of police cars for at least 2 hours, copious amounts of blood and a short statement with no names saying the victim had minor injuries?

official soonet pu$$ycat
09-01-2011, 07:58 PM
The bike was not mangled.

Anapeg
09-01-2011, 08:05 PM
In the interest of figuring out what I said, let's light one up.

Sparkin' up a fatty,..................*ah*............... It is ALL making sense now.

official soonet pu$$ycat
09-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Sparkin' up a fatty,..................*ah*............... It is ALL making sense now.

Haha,I speak in code.

Anapeg
09-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Haha,I speak in code.

Riveting story by the by, I enjoyed it immensely.