PDA

View Full Version : Will we ever really know !

AmdWolfman
09-01-2011, 11:45 AM
I would think for the better of the family that not everyone know exactly what happed to Wade Belak.
What do you think on the subject?

Striker
09-01-2011, 05:36 PM
If this is true, he was very good at hiding his misery.

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=53708

RWGR
09-02-2011, 11:28 AM
The NHL has always pretended hockey players are a different breed; that's true, in a sense.

But the NHL goes too far, and pretends things like mental issues and alcohol and drug abuse are very, very rare in the league. Fact is, it's just not true.

Jack Butler
09-02-2011, 01:49 PM
The NHL has always pretended hockey players are a different breed; that's true, in a sense.

But the NHL goes too far, and pretends things like mental issues and alcohol and drug abuse are very, very rare in the league. Fact is, it's just not true.

As much as I have always supported the rough and tough Canadian player as part of success in the NHL, I think you have hit a bullseye.
The gym and the rink can make you tough enough physically, but the same doesn't exist for the mental part.
...and sometimes the mental toughness is the most important part.
Like I said...Bullseye!!

Jack Butler
09-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Boy oh boy...sad!
RIP Wade Belak

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/article/1048235--feschuk-belak-silently-suffered-from-depression-sources-say?bn=1

RWGR
09-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Sometimes when people become depressed they feel if only their lives were different then all would be fine. If only they had more money and different have to worry about bills, etc.

But this story, and many like it, proves that just isn't true. Belak had enough money, and he was young. He was a beloved athlete. But he was depressed.

Think about that.

Jack Butler
09-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Sometimes when people become depressed they feel if only their lives were different then all would be fine. If only they had more money and different have to worry about bills, etc.

But this story, and many like it, proves that just isn't true. Belak had enough money, and he was young. He was a beloved athlete. But he was depressed.

Think about that.

Well said!
When the contract offers stop, some feel kicked to the curb....at 35 or 36 and sometimes younger.
More than we know struggle with not being a part of something when that's all they know.
Mental issues can be soooo complicated sometimes.
Like this situation, it's sometimes defies logic making it difficult to understand.