PDA

View Full Version : The Shawarma Shack

HDV
09-01-2011, 04:41 PM
There's a new place opting up in the old Dee's on 2nd Line.
I have not had a shawarma since i lived in Hamilton, and have been craving them since I moved back. Im so happy we have a place now in the Sault that makes them :). Hopefully they are as good as the ones down south..lol

Im not sure when they open.

TNT
09-01-2011, 04:46 PM
what IS a shawarma?

BrAt
09-01-2011, 04:55 PM
It's a mixture of meat that is cooked on a large skewer. It's then shaved off and usually served up in a pita type bread with cucumbers, tomatoes and choice of sauce. They are DELISH and I am SO excited! I didn't even know it was opening. You might know it as a gyro or donair... pretty much the same thing.

Any ideas on when??

Anapeg
09-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Shawarma good. I get it in the Big Smoke and it is addictive. All I have seen is beef and chicken, anyone ever seen pork cause I loves pork!

Anapeg
09-01-2011, 05:36 PM
All around a pigs arse is pork but I do not care, slice it off put it on a bun add mouse-turd, chuppers, lettuce and I be a happy old soul!

A*lil*Loopy
09-01-2011, 05:54 PM
I was wondering what was going in there.
Franks Food Company on Queen East also does Shawarmas. I've never had one but have seen them on their menu.

HDV
09-01-2011, 05:59 PM
When i use to get Shawarmas in Hamilton at a little place called the safrin grill, it was a pita with chicken, lettuce and this special garlic sauce. They were made by little Turkish guy. He would not tell us his secret sauce recipe..lol Even though he was the father of my best friends kids...lol
The sauce it what makes it, it is soooo good. I cant wait till it opens, i dont know when that is though :(

HDV
09-01-2011, 06:01 PM
LOL!!!! oky doky :)

I had a gyro from the Pita pit, but whatever the meat was, it way too rich..

shawarmas are not rich if you get the chicken, the gyro meat at the pita pit is a mixture of lamb, beef and pork.

IMHO
09-01-2011, 06:09 PM
I want a KEG or MONTANNAS or BOTH !!!!

Chakra
09-01-2011, 07:03 PM
I work with someone who is really good friends with the person that's opening the new restaurant. He told me that his plans were to open this Friday on Sept 2nd, but I don't know if they'll make that deadline. If not I'm sure they'll be open next week.

They'll be selling the shawarma with two side orders and a drink from what I was told. Side orders will include things like potatoes and rice I believe.

I'm going to do a drive by tomorrow to see if they're open myself.

Peety
09-01-2011, 07:06 PM
While we're at it, Red Lobster or equivalent..

LOL. You have to get your fish meal somehow.

Anapeg
09-01-2011, 07:20 PM
I want a KEG or MONTANNAS or BOTH !!!!

I will split on a keg but not the restaurant. Me want BEER!

everywoman
09-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Omg, I'm drooling reading about these Shawarmas! And only a three minute drive from my house....oh my!

SIMBA
09-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Shrimp, crab, lobster, not fish, smarty pants, I catch so much of that I'm sick of it!!!!

If we lived near saltwater I wouldn't need a seafood restaurant at all.. lol

barf :) dry chocolate cereal is better. :)

Anapeg
09-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Waaayyy ahead of you buddy!!! :)

*hic*, ya think?

Peety
09-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Waaayyy ahead of you buddy!!! :)

How many ahead?

ArcticBlue
09-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Omg, I'm drooling reading about these Shawarmas! And only a three minute drive from my house....oh my!

It's a five minute walk for us. I've been craving a gyro since I got back from Rochester. (This is lazy Lotus btw...I didn't bother to sign her out.) The owner of a Greek restaurant in Henrietta is friends with my Dad. He offered me a case of gyro meat at cost. Oh, if only we could have kept it cold for the twelve hour drive. But, both our coolers were spoken for...not to mention, every centimeter of space in the car. The poor dog, heh.

MagicFingers
09-01-2011, 11:07 PM
FREAKIN right....i can hardly wait. I would give my right arm for one. But I guess I don't have to now. Chicken shwarma here i come. I had one in May when I went to Ottawa everytime we go there we have to get a shwarma we usually make a special run to go get it.

SIMBA
09-01-2011, 11:54 PM
What about the clams in the Clamato in your Caesar?? :srolleyes: :)

The vodka drowns the taste and besides, I'm not chewing on gross slimy things...:)

TNT
09-02-2011, 02:22 PM
while we're at it, red lobster or equivalent..

omg yes please!!!!!

maloo
09-02-2011, 04:35 PM
We had a red lobster...where Penningtons is by the zellers plaza....I remember going there when I was younger

everywoman
09-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Yup- we did!

dancingqueen
09-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Yes, and someone mentioned that they closed because there wasn't enough revenue.
That wasn't the case, it was a corporate/restructuring decision..

We all know it was the Italian mafia....

Joy.D
09-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Anyone know when the place is opening?

dancingqueen
09-03-2011, 05:16 PM
We do?? :tongue:

er, I mean... uh... no... uh, what Italian mafia??
What are you going on about?