PDA

View Full Version : Inquiring minds would like to know, ....

Bill Nash
09-03-2011, 03:01 PM
..... why was RWGR banned? It would appear his thread about warnings and such from the "Religion" forum led to this. As moderators and administrators, you gotta' believe everyone is thinking "cover-up".

As someone who has been banned on several occasions (who would of thought?), I know form experience that there is a lot of discrepancy in what constitutes a need for a banning. It appears to me (and I'm thinking a lot of others) that RWGR's banning was more related to his questioning of a moderator than it was of an actual violation.

If there was something I missed, then I will read it and more than likely remove this thread. At the same time, if we can't see some evidence to his violations, then I think it casts a lot of doubt about the professed fairness SooNet proposes in its offer of this BBS.

lynys
09-03-2011, 03:09 PM
In before the lock, and your ban. ;)

That said, I think his banning is also ridiculous.

Bill Nash
09-03-2011, 03:13 PM
In before the lock, and your ban. ;)

Oh no! Please, .... I didn't mean it, .....really, I didn't, .....

Striker
09-03-2011, 03:14 PM
It's a BBS people. Don't take it so seriously.

Barry Morris
09-03-2011, 03:26 PM
....RWGR's banning was more related to his questioning of a moderator than it was of an actual violation.....

More related to his history, I would expect.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Ban me too then. Just for kicks...

dancingqueen
09-03-2011, 05:14 PM
It's a BBS people. Don't take it so seriously.

I have to agree, though it is frustrating to see such blatant power tripping, and an explanation is not likely to occur, at the end of the day these powerful moderators are just the same as anyone else, and this is just a posting board. One of many in fact.
On that note, Can anyone PM me any decent BBS boards around the subject of religion and philosophy? I'm a terrible Google warrior :smile:

Larimar
09-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Wasn't there some rebellion a few years ago where someone created a new board? What happened to that?

dancingqueen
09-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Wans't there some rebellion a few years ago where someone created a new board?

There where a number of new boards made... For some reason they didn't quite take off.

tired-n-cranky
09-03-2011, 05:45 PM
No explaination will be provided. End of story. He will be back after a temporary timeout in the corner.