PDA

View Full Version : Some one just has to

MagicFingers
09-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Some just HAS to go get that little black kitten at Pet Value at the Cambrian mall. OMG the only one not yet adopted....it is SOOOOOOOO cute. I just can't do it yet. Although I am always willing and wanting to get another specially since my baby died....My hubby just won't let me yet wants me to wait a little while before I get one. BUT OMG this all black cat is the cutest thing EVER!

Peety
09-04-2011, 10:22 PM
All the kittens were gone,I think just a black and white cat.

MagicFingers
09-04-2011, 11:31 PM
This afternoon at approx 330pm when I was there I was told the black and white was adopted as were the 2 calicos......if the all black is gone GREAT...... Hopefully I will get one soon just not yet. and if the black is not gone please someone go get it. It just a little puff ball that moves my heart just melted.

Larimar
09-05-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm looking for a female pure black kitten under 10 weeks old- relatively of a healthy nature since I already have a pure black 9 month old. I am prefering to adopt from the Humane Society (because black cats have a stigma and are usually left to be put to sleep) but if there is one that matches this description still at TAAG, I'll keep an eye out :)

MagicFingers
09-07-2011, 08:18 PM
You were right Peety the black one is gone they said it got adopted that day. YEAHHHHHHH

tablehigh
09-07-2011, 10:21 PM
We have some more little black guys coming within a week coming in for adoption, after we get them their first booster and dewormed, they will be available for adoption. We also have some that are only a week old and will be ready for adoption within 7 weeks if you are interested. And then of course we have several that are approx a year old shorthaired and longhaired available for adoption immediately, and lots of older black ones looking for their forever home. You can call us at 575-7030 or email us at www.theanimalassistancegroup@hotmail.com to make arrangements for viewing of the cats or kittens for adoption.

Larimar
09-07-2011, 10:48 PM
I've emailed TAAG as well, but thought I'd ask here since there's some info already. Are any of the pure black kittens female that you know of? Thanks

tablehigh
09-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Yes I believe there is

Larimar
09-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Great. Please let us know when you can- or if you know if it is the next litter coming or the 7 week wait ;) I'm very excited to add a new kitty to our family.

Mimi
09-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Little Diamond at the Humane Society is a spunky monkey and quite a little character. Indigo is a little older - about 5 months old and sleek black. She has been waiting for a home since May. Both are used to other cats. You can ask at the desk if there are more black females in foster care or waiting for a cage.

TNT
09-08-2011, 12:35 PM
That breaks my heart..."waiting for a cage". What a crappy thing to have to wait for. Like waiting for a black eye. :'(

Larimar
09-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Little Diamond at the Humane Society is a spunky monkey and quite a little character. Indigo is a little older - about 5 months old and sleek black. She has been waiting for a home since May. Both are used to other cats. You can ask at the desk if there are more black females in foster care or waiting for a cage.

I adopted A black cat recently that was adult size and waited for a home for about 3 or 4 months so now we're ready to try a kitten-never had any pet before from a baby. We asked around about our prefered match (female , all black, weeks old, has claws, short hair) and they said to keep chekin. :)

chantelle7
09-09-2011, 06:09 PM
We recently adopted a little black kitty from Pet Valu on Second Line. I was in there buying my dogs food and saw 4 black kitty's in a cage, workers there said that they had to lower the price on them because not very many people want black cats. They were all so cute and I felt so bad for them so we brought one of the little girls home. Her name is Nelly now and she rules the house, her and our black tomcat Shivers have become the best of friends, and she is so affectionate. She just loves to cuddle in the crook of your neck lol.

Larimar
09-09-2011, 06:31 PM
I think it's ashame that black cats have such a stigma to them here in Canada. They are beautiful and so loving. Because black cats are a mutation they have low risk of health problems-so says Cat's 101 on the Animal Planet LOL.

Black cats are considered GOOD luck in England. So when my british grandma heard I adopted one she wanted us to bring him over right away, because she's ill and wanted some luck :)

My black cat can do tricks and walk on a leash/harness.

His fur is sooo soft, like silk.

I can't imagine why anyone would dislike black cats.

MagicFingers
09-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Not sure why black cats have a stigma. I am not opposed to any color of cat. I am open to whatever when the time is right and I believe the cat/kitten will choose me and I will know it when it does so I am going in with a open mind and will wait to see what we get.

Larimar
09-10-2011, 12:54 AM
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/09/why-black-cats-are-considered-bad-luck/ Here's an interesting site.

TNT
09-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Not sure why black cats have a stigma. I am not opposed to any color of cat. I am open to whatever when the time is right and I believe the cat/kitten will choose me and I will know it when it does so I am going in with a open mind and will wait to see what we get.

The same thing goes for black dogs/pups. Labs are most desired in the golden and choclate variety, poodles are the same, danes, spaniels the list goes on and on. I think its because they are "plain" They dont have VISUAL features that discern them from others. Of course thier personalities are all so unique. I've heard cats of the black variety are known for being most affectionate, is there truth behind that? I'm no expert on cats, I have had a VERY affectionate black cat in the past but also presently have a ....i dunno...stripy-ish lol...cat thats OVERLY affectionate. He literally molests all the company that comes in! haha Curious if thats factual and theres a link in coat colour/personality.

MagicFingers
09-10-2011, 03:27 PM
I have to say Miss Nala who just passed away was a tuxedo cat and she was by far the most affectionate cat I have ever had and I have had 5 cats. I am leaning towards a black cat I want a little tiny black fuzz ball with blue eyes but will take any eyes....Again whatever cat picks me. I picked up an adoption form from pet value. Not yet ready to get one but I filled it out and will drop it off this week. I hope to be preapproved so that when we do see a baby we are interested in we don't have to wait. I don't do well with waiting.

For now I am taking it one day at a time but hoping for a new baby soon but hubby is saying no right now. I am respecting that, however my brother lived in Toronto and he is going 4 hours north of thunderbay to work for 5 months so he is needing someone to watch his baby and he has asked me so we said yes. We will have "spider" living with us for a bit. He is another black cat.