PDA

View Full Version : dramatic dog.

Giggle Squirt
09-08-2011, 08:37 PM
My lab goes through these "moods" where she will dramatically flop herself down in front of me and loudly sigh. She sighs so loud that if i am on the phone the person can hear it. she will occasionally look over to see if i am paying attention to her. If i move to go sit at my kitchen table or into the kitchen or something she will walk over and again dramatically flop herself down beside me and sigh. This happens about once a week. It was funny the first few times but now it is just getting on my nerves. Any suggestions? She doesn't come and nudge me like she normally does when she wants attention. She is not lacking any attention by any means.

Larimar
09-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Haha, too cute! Probably learned that you'd laugh and give tons of attention the first few times and now will repeat it for what its worth. If you started ignoring it, they'd go through what is called "extinction". Takes a long time though.

I would just have fun with it... those are the memories you'll love when they're gone. Take some photos of it and share :)

A weird thing my cat does now for attention is backflips. No running jump required. He just sits down and leaps up and does a backflip. My dog when she was alive would give us her bum. She'd sit down on us so we'd rub her back legs. When she was a puppy she had leg problems so we'd rub them for her when we could tell she was in pain. As an adult she never forgot and gives us her behind no matter what, and she was perfectly fine. lol Pets are strange!

Giggle Squirt
09-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Oh ya, I have the worlds strangest pets. My lab and golden are bossed around by my chi's. They are so funny. My dogs know what they can get away with around me and not get away with around my husband. I will allow the dogs on the couch and bed for cuddle sessions but as soon as they hear him coming up the stairs they will go on the floor and pretend to be sleeping like they were never on the bed, and if they hear him coming up the driveway they will get off the couch. My golden is a bum dog. He will come up and you don't even have to move your hand. Just stick it out and he will do most of the work.

Larimar
09-08-2011, 10:30 PM
lol that's so funny how they know when to get off the couch. :)