PDA

View Full Version : East/West how much???

T_wolfe
09-08-2011, 10:04 PM
anybody know how much to get into the East /West game tomorrow night....my son heard they raised the price this year to $10.00 bucks....just wanting to know if anybody knows??? please and Thank YOU!!!!!

ssmarie
09-08-2011, 10:46 PM
oh...is that tomorrow night - all I can say is thank god Superior Heights has moved from the old Dunn site......no more drunken kids staggering by my house anymore to get to the school pep rally before the game/or to the game

Hope
09-09-2011, 12:09 AM
didn't even know they charged, wow!

Amaranth
09-09-2011, 12:44 AM
It is five bucks. My daughter asked me for ten and I asked when they raised the price. She said, "They didn't, I just wanted an extra five bucks to get a pop". lol

heintzman
09-09-2011, 01:02 AM
R U Serious? i thought they were going to do something about that game!! well i hope there are no fatalities,,, or life long injuries ,,,, why can't they have it Saturday morning?,,,, the kids leave the school, and drink until the time of the game, bring their weapons,,,, game ON!,,, busy night for the hospital, i know they are staffing extra, but i hope one of my loved ones doesn't need attention, when they are attending to the stupidity of teenage drunks, or bullies! Way to Go ADSB !

Tutones
09-09-2011, 07:03 AM
They have done a lot about 'that game' for this year. There are very strick security measures in place, the start time has been moved earlier so that all games will be played in daylight hours. There will be 8 uniformed police officers on duty patrolling the area, in addition to all principals/vice principals being in attendance. The far side of the track has been closed off. Fans MUST sit behind their home team bench only. There is one entrance gate and a separate exit gate. No backpacks/bags will be allowed in. Police officers will confiscate them if they try. There will also be a ride check. If this doesn't improve the situation, I fear the game may be cancelled next year.

And FYI this in NOT an ADSB event. It is hosted jointly by BOTH school boards.

puppypower
09-09-2011, 07:20 AM
What time is the East/West.

Add
09-09-2011, 07:30 AM
R U Serious? i thought they were going to do something about that game!! well i hope there are no fatalities,,, or life long injuries ,,,, why can't they have it Saturday morning?,,,, the kids leave the school, and drink until the time of the game, bring their weapons,,,, game ON!,,, busy night for the hospital, i know they are staffing extra, but i hope one of my loved ones doesn't need attention, when they are attending to the stupidity of teenage drunks, or bullies! Way to Go ADSB !

Wow, I wish I could be as optimistic as you are...

SSMP
09-09-2011, 08:02 AM
It's all fun and games when someone loses an eye.

lynys
09-09-2011, 01:15 PM
I always enjoyed east/west when I was in highschool. It was like the only "school" event I attended. lol

Craig Huckerby
09-09-2011, 01:25 PM
I used to love it too...tons of people .... and it always meant the real end to summer for me...

CANDY_74
09-09-2011, 02:05 PM
So when does it start and end?
And whats the cost to get in? $5 or $10

puppypower
09-09-2011, 03:34 PM
500pm and 5.00 admission

CANDY_74
09-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Thanks puppypower...

And approx what time is it supposed to end?

ssmarie
09-09-2011, 09:45 PM
I just drove by at 9:25 and tons of kids on Wellington Street - poor bus driver if they are all getting on a bus

cheeky
09-10-2011, 10:36 AM

Unfortunately I ended up in emerg last night, got there well before the game and hubby and I were the only ones in the waiting room. While waiting very impatiently for test results and diagnosis we heard the ambulance come in and the nurses saying "here we go". When leaving, 5 hours later, the waiting room, both sections, was overflowing! This included several police officers and a heck of a pile of teens. Hopefully, there were no serious injuries.

heintzman
09-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Unfortunately I ended up in emerg last night, got there well before the game and hubby and I were the only ones in the waiting room. While waiting very impatiently for test results and diagnosis we heard the ambulance come in and the nurses saying "here we go". When leaving, 5 hours later, the waiting room, both sections, was overflowing! This included several police officers and a heck of a pile of teens. Hopefully, there were no serious injuries.

i also hope there were no serious injurys, i only heard of one brutal fight at the skate park after the game was over, but i am sure i will hear of more!! so brutal! i understand that there is tradition, and people love this game, but there is way too much violence after the game!! some one is going to get killed, not intenitonally i hope, but how can kids expect to be ' bottleing' and gang beating people , and something serious not happen eventually!! Schedual the Game for Saturday morning,,,11:00 am,,, will set a positive tone for the rest of the day!!