PDA

View Full Version : Intruders

Anapeg
09-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Thursday night in the wee small hours I surprised two young individuals going through my back yard with a threatening item in hand I flung the rear door open as they where two feet away surveying my snow blower.
I offered to reset the parameters of their life expectancy at which point they decided to leave my yard with a vigor reserved for an angry God after a weasel. The young chap with short dirty blond hair proceeded to bump into my snow plow blade near the tracks then stepping on the tracks with wet sneakers to fall face first on the other rail. He should be identifiable to the unth degree. He left staggering badly and bleeding profusely.
The second chap could still be motivating North bound as he had a real head of steam up as he cleared both my yard as well as the neighbour behind us. No honour amoungst thieves?
Last night they tried breaking in to the old girls house beside us. Removing screens and opening her one basement window. This is to warn any would be night hawk to avoid London Street as I now am armed with a pellet gun that actually works. I can see this being fun for an insomniac such as myself!

Bluesky
09-10-2011, 11:45 AM
They actually had the nerve to come back??

Larimar
09-10-2011, 11:48 AM
jeez. I don't know why people do the things they do.....*sigh* I hope they are caught or end up in trouble with someone.

HDV
09-10-2011, 12:01 PM
If he was injured bad enough, he would of ended up having to go to the hospital. Looks good on them.
I have relatives on London Street, I will be sure to let them know about these weasels.

Larimar
09-10-2011, 01:29 PM
hmm. why not phone the police and hospital? The hospital would know who they are if they came in?

Bluesky
09-10-2011, 01:42 PM
The hospital would not be able to divulge info. Unless the cops called them.

Larimar
09-10-2011, 01:47 PM
cops should.

Anapeg
09-10-2011, 01:55 PM
I am going to have a T-shirt done up. VIGILANTE. Did I just hear the music from the good the bad and the ugly?

Anapeg
09-10-2011, 02:21 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/128/388125268_3b3c2ae241_z_d.jpg

Bill Nash
09-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Need anyone to ride shotgun?

Anapeg
09-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Any time Kemo Sabi.

gouligann
09-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Anapeg, the shock on their faces must have been so satisfying when you surprised them in the act. Good for you! Too bad there weren't more insomniacs and people brave enough to slow all these young punks down.

A pellet in the arse will also make them think twice. Just don't hit them in the eye and blind them or you could get sued.

Anapeg
09-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Brave enough, this is open for debate. Tired of waiting for our judges to deal with the problem would be more accurate in my case at least. The look on their faces was pure, unadulterated terror, it was the high point of my summer. Now the pellet? I can hardly wait to hear the squeal. It is cocked and ready all night long. As for the eyes I will in all honesty endeavor to miss and protect but in the excitement of the moment can guarantees be made or expected. I will likely be peppering their backs anywho.

ByrdDawg
09-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Only problem is, the way the law works, they will go free and you will be charged.

Even if there are no witnesses and you hide the gun, you've already confessed on a public bulletin board.

Anapeg
09-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Not a chance. I am more than willing to stand and be counted. If they, the law will not, can not protect us then it is incumbent upon us to step into the breach and take matters into our own hands. I am willing to go to court on this one. I may have to alter my screen name to Don Quixote but what the hell. Hey, maybe Dom Pérignon ?

KDawg
09-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Only problem is, the way the law works, they will go free and you will be charged.
I guess that would depend on the police officers who are called. My parents had their garage broken into and the punks stole their ATV, which the police were able to recover later -- hats off to them. My parents also had to go to court to testify and the punks did receive some kind of sentence, minor though it was.

After it was all over, they asked the police for advice on what they should do to prevent this in the future -- bars on the windows, alarm system? With a straight face, the officer told them, "aluminum baseball bat."

They put bars on the windows. lol.

lynys
09-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Claim self defence. If you were scared, what other choice did you have?

Barry Morris
09-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Bolas??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolas

We should invent a bolas gun.

Anapeg
09-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Just got back from shoppin'. Has anyone seen or heard of a pellet gun that is a repeater. All I can find is single load. Good enough for now but I do anticipate an escalation in my future.

Anapeg
09-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Bolas??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolas

We should invent a bolas gun.

This is a possibility. I could hog tie the little pukes then stroll up to the disabled little snot and take my time and enjoy my revenge.

riggs
09-11-2011, 01:48 PM
A pellet in the arse will also make them think twice. Just don't hit them in the eye and blind them or you could get sued.

Not that I think they don't deserve it (or more) but a pellet in the arse (in today's society) will land you in trouble.

Anapeg
09-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Not that I think they don't deserve it (or more) but a pellet in the arse (in today's society) will land you in trouble.

Read above, I am to the point I don't give a DAMN. We deserve better. Our Judiciary is failing miserably and to that end we have to take care of ourselves. Should they wish to drag an old veteran through the court system instead of a useless youth, so be it. I am willing to oblige and some where in our great country someone will run with the story. I do believe in giving them all the publicity they have worked so very hard for.

riggs
09-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Read above, I am to the point I don't give a DAMN. We deserve better. Our Judiciary is failing miserably and to that end we have to take care of ourselves. Should they wish to drag an old veteran through the court system instead of a useless youth, so be it. I am willing to oblige and some where in our great country someone will run with the story. I do believe in giving them all the publicity they have worked so very hard for.

Don't rely on justice and common sense to see you through this. As I'm sure you know, you'll be sadly disappointed with the results.

Bill Nash
09-11-2011, 02:19 PM
How about this idea, ..... double up on you fence, but put it on a hinge so that you can yank on a rope or cable and your fence will double in height. Then you have the little suckers trapped and you can take your time taunting them before you gouge out their eyes with an ice pick.

WingNut
09-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Just got back from shoppin'. Has anyone seen or heard of a pellet gun that is a repeater. All I can find is single load. Good enough for now but I do anticipate an escalation in my future.

Anapeg, I have 3 pellet guns you are welcome to use them, load them all up and bingo you have the next best thing to a repeater.

Anapeg
09-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Don't rely on justice and common sense to see you through this. As I'm sure you know, you'll be sadly disappointed with the results.

At this point disappointment doesn't even come into the equation, it is merely a new experience. I believe the kids call it "going with the flow"? Perhaps I can find sanctuary on the other side of the bars?

Anapeg
09-11-2011, 02:51 PM
How about this idea, ..... double up on you fence, but put it on a hinge so that you can yank on a rope or cable and your fence will double in height. Then you have the little suckers trapped and you can take your time taunting them before you gouge out their eyes with an ice pick.

Handy, I love the way you think. I will bet you even know someone who could design and construct?

Anapeg
09-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Anapeg, I have 3 pellet guns you are welcome to use them, load them all up and bingo you have the next best thing to a repeater.

Now THAT is a thought! Multiples had not even occurred to me. Simple and effective, I thank you.

tired-n-cranky
09-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Just wanted to put this out there.. "Airsoft" .... :)

NewCasa
09-11-2011, 05:54 PM

22 cal Co2 pistol. I had one that took six shots in a load.

NewCasa
09-11-2011, 05:54 PM

How about a .410 with a salt load? :)

riggs
09-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Perhaps I can find sanctuary on the other side of the bars?

Three hots and a cot isn't worth the lost freedom.

NewCasa
09-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Perhaps I can find sanctuary on the other side of the bars?

Can you imagine the 'honeydew' list SWMBO would have when you got out? Hah! Retirement? NEVER!

Anapeg
09-11-2011, 08:21 PM

Airsoft? Have to google that one.

Anapeg
09-11-2011, 08:21 PM
22 cal Co2 pistol. I had one that took six shots in a load.

Just got the offer of one by PM.

Anapeg
09-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Three hots and a cot isn't worth the lost freedom.

I don't see it going that far but................

Anapeg
09-11-2011, 08:24 PM
How about a .410 with a salt load? :)

Got that one covered. We use it for pest control at camp. Not lethal but convincing none the less. Don't have the parts to go that far, yet.

tired-n-cranky
09-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Airsoft? Have to google that one.

Airsoft has some nice full auto BB guns... replicas of real things like AK47 and MP5s.. would sure scare the crap out of me if I was up to no good.

Anapeg
09-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Would BB's hurt enough to have an impact, no pun intended.

Larimar
09-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Airsoft has some nice full auto BB guns... replicas of real things like AK47 and MP5s.. would sure scare the crap out of me if I was up to no good.

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use our communities to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, violates any internationally recognized law or otherwise violates The Soonet Bulletin Board System's Community Standards."

I understand the frusteration and the venting, but want to point out how hypocritical this is. How one member can be banned for being upset that they are censored for "agreeing"- while another gets away with blatanly breaking the rules and the law while mods participate. Discussing shooting people , no matter how frusterating a situation is, is just as low and wrong and I'm surprised it's allowed here. IP adresses can be traced , it's really stupid to confess a crime online. Just sayin.

Anapeg, you asked if a BB gun would have enough impact to hurt- well, maybe not, but maybe so. You have a chance at scaring them or you have a chance at causing an accidental death. Same as you do when you hit someone over the head with a bat. If you aren't just joking around to vent, I'd seriously re think this so that your life doesn't change bc of some stupid kid. I'm genuinely saying this with care. If there's a chance at hurting someone or losing a life or an eye- why put your family through you being in trouble? Are they really worth that?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_kill_someone_with_a_bb_gun

This thread has gotten sad.

Anapeg
09-11-2011, 09:53 PM
So the old girl next door who has had people in her back yard three nights running, my self who has lost in one week a ready heater, gas lawnmower, four, count them four bicycles all while locked should just sit back and do nothing. Ain't going to happen. The law can/will do nothing, so I take over. THEY illegally entre my yard to steal from me and you want me to sit back and smile. I was brought up scotching my own snakes, thank you. If this is considered threatening I will withdraw from soonet. If protecting those who are not being protected "violates any internationally recognized law" then once again I will withdraw from soonet. All they need do is approach me and I will abide by their ruling. Unlike yourself I will not turn the other cheek nor be a pacifist when threatened.

NewCasa
09-11-2011, 10:01 PM
I had my truck broken into a couple of years ago. They stole the stereo and broke a bunch of stuff. I called the police. The took inventory of what had been stolen and said 'thanks'. I asked if there were going to follow up, maybe take finger prints, etc, even come down to see the truck. They said 'nah, we don't do that anymore, we don't have the time'. Then I drive by the Farewell Terrace Timmies and what do I see?

Screw the police. We need to deal with things like this in a meaningful way. The police are a joke. Larimar you need to lift up your head and see what's going on around you.

Larimar
09-11-2011, 10:01 PM
pacifist? pfft hardly ;)

Don't haveta be violent to be an activist.....unless you're PETA..?

Bill Nash
09-11-2011, 10:03 PM
So the old girl next door who has had people in her back yard three nights running, my self who has lost in one week a ready heater, gas lawnmower, four, count them four bicycles all while locked should just sit back and do nothing. Ain't going to happen. The law can/will do nothing, so I take over. THEY illegally entre my yard to steal from me and you want me to sit back and smile. I was brought up scotching my own snakes, thank you. If this is considered threatening I will withdraw from soonet. If protecting those who are not being protected "violates any internationally recognized law" then once again I will withdraw from soonet. All they need do is approach me and I will abide by their ruling. Unlike yourself I will not turn the other cheek nor be a pacifist when threatened.

That's the Anapeg I knew was lurking around this site!

Sometimes the younger generation just don't appreciate how hard we have really worked for what we have. Those youngsters live in the "buy now. pay later" world. We (you and I and probably the Karen Annie's of the world) understand this, but the younger generation will just have to wait a few years to understand where we are coming from.

Too bad you don't have the luxury I have, ..... I have 75 acres and a backhoe, ..... they will never find the body!;)

Larimar
09-11-2011, 10:11 PM
My post isn't about anapeg or appreciation. You of all people should understand my point at the hypocricy here. Why should someone be banned because Soundbear disagrees with them while another is fine to break the rules. Just my way of sayin-hey, bring RW back because there's no real rules being followed here, ever.

Anapeg
09-11-2011, 10:16 PM
pacifist? pfft hardly ;)

Don't haveta be violent to be an activist.....unless you're PETA..?

You don`t have to be but it is funner. There is an add on TV that uses, in all seriousness the word `funner`. What IS our world coming, I want a question mark but I hit that damn french key AGAIN!

NewCasa
09-11-2011, 10:16 PM
My post isn't about anapeg or appreciation. You of all people should understand my point at the hypocricy here. Why should someone be banned because Soundbear disagrees with them while another is fine to break the rules. Just my way of sayin-hey, bring RW back because there's no real rules being followed here, ever.

Oh RWGR just gets banned once in a while. That's how it's been for a long time. I'm not going to call names, but he can be a pain in the butt and in doing so I believe he collects demerit points which eventually get him banned in a pretty much automatic way. He'll be back in a couple of days - that's also how it always works.

NewCasa
09-11-2011, 10:17 PM
You don`t have to be but it is funner. There is an add on TV that uses, in all seriousness the word `funner`. What IS our world coming, I want a question mark but I hit that damn french key AGAIN!

I know eh? MORE funner. Get it right!

Anapeg

In Sound Bears defense, he is not the mod on this part of the site, he is on Religion.

Larimar
The french keys suck. I hate when that happens.

I remember a while back I heard someone tell me the States was adding "nite" to the disctionary because so many people spelled night that way. My heart stopped. I'm too afraid to look today if it's true .

Larimar
09-11-2011, 10:18 PM
In Sound Bears defense, he is not the mod on this part of the site, he is on Religion.

All should be equal.

Anapeg
09-11-2011, 10:24 PM
All should be equal.

Hard when they are individuals with different ideas on right and wrong. This is not a science, nor are they paid.

tired-n-cranky
09-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Larimar, RWGR got banned temporarily because of his accumilation of points, for things you have no idea about, because we edit threads when things get reported. NOT because he disagreed with something.

Enough discussion about the ban. Speculation and false information regarding a ban may end up with you gathering some points yourself.

As for me saying Airsoft, there is nothing threatening or illegal about it, so do not suggest otherwise.

Larimar
09-11-2011, 10:42 PM
A Whole thread about shooting people is illegal and against the board rules. I'm surprised nobody cares. well, not really. I shouldn't be accumulating points for pointing that out. Shooting people is a huge issue. And it doesn't usually end well.

Larimar
09-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Larimar, RWGR got banned temporarily because of his accumilation of points, for things you have no idea about, because we edit threads when things get reported. NOT because he disagreed with something.

Enough discussion about the ban. Speculation and false information regarding a ban may end up with you gathering some points yourself.

As for me saying Airsoft, there is nothing threatening or illegal about it, so do not suggest otherwise.

I apologize, I shouldn't have acted out this way. Just the thought of a discussion about shooting people makes my heart sink.
:(

(Jay)
09-11-2011, 10:52 PM
I had my truck broken into a couple of years ago. They stole the stereo and broke a bunch of stuff. I called the police. The took inventory of what had been stolen and said 'thanks'. I asked if there were going to follow up, maybe take finger prints, etc, even come down to see the truck. They said 'nah, we don't do that anymore, we don't have the time'. Then I drive by the Farewell Terrace Timmies and what do I see?

Screw the police. We need to deal with things like this in a meaningful way. The police are a joke. Larimar you need to lift up your head and see what's going on around you.

Oh oh, I know! You saw police officers taking a coffee break like every person with a job does a few times a day! Its almost like they're real people who are entitled to breaks and stuff eh? But we all know that should not be the case, they are robots who should forgo any personal time to investigate CSI style every minor crime that happens in this city.

WingNut
09-11-2011, 10:55 PM
A Whole thread about shooting people is illegal and against the board rules. I'm surprised nobody cares. well, not really. I shouldn't be accumulating points for pointing that out. Shooting people is a huge issue. And it doesn't usually end well.

I really don't care either because if I were getting ripped off like Anapeg and his neighbor I would probably be using the pellet gun myself or sitting outside at NITE with Mr. Louisville!

Larimar
09-11-2011, 10:59 PM
I really don't care either because if I were getting ripped off like Anapeg and his neighbor I would probably be using the pellet gun myself or sitting outside at NITE with Mr. Louisville!
I think you missed my point though. In either case, if ANapeg were to hit someone with a BB gun and it goes through the person's skull (It can and has happened in life), he's in jail..was that worth it for Anapeg and his family? no. Soonet often looks so hung up on vengence that they are willing to walk their friends off a cliff to get it. It's not always the best answer and could put Anapeg in more trouble. Accidents happen too. All you need is one angry night with a gun and maybe on eof his own grandkids sneaks out and is playing in the dark..or chasing their lost bunny, or what not heh- he can't see em..and bam..BB gun through an eye ....heh you never know when u take revenge with a gun.

heintzman
09-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Thursday night in the wee small hours I surprised two young individuals going through my back yard with a threatening item in hand I flung the rear door open as they where two feet away surveying my snow blower.
I offered to reset the parameters of their life expectancy at which point they decided to leave my yard with a vigor reserved for an angry God after a weasel. The young chap with short dirty blond hair proceeded to bump into my snow plow blade near the tracks then stepping on the tracks with wet sneakers to fall face first on the other rail. He should be identifiable to the unth degree. He left staggering badly and bleeding profusely.
The second chap could still be motivating North bound as he had a real head of steam up as he cleared both my yard as well as the neighbour behind us. No honour amoungst thieves?
Last night they tried breaking in to the old girls house beside us. Removing screens and opening her one basement window. This is to warn any would be night hawk to avoid London Street as I now am armed with a pellet gun that actually works. I can see this being fun for an insomniac such as myself!

if you have a good shot,,, load it up with rock salt ,,, hit them in the behind!!! they will definately be seeking medical help~~!! ~ ~ LOL

NewCasa
09-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Oh oh, I know! You saw police officers taking a coffee break like every person with a job does a few times a day! Its almost like they're real people who are entitled to breaks and stuff eh? But we all know that should not be the case, they are robots who should forgo any personal time to investigate CSI style every minor crime that happens in this city.

Nice job of taking me totally out of context. My point was that they had time for a very long, leisurely coffee break but they did not have time to properly address a crime. Nice try pal. We're not talking about CSI. We're talking about taking finger prints and matching them. That is why they take them in the first place, is it not?

tired-n-cranky
09-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Airsoft uses plastic pellets, won't go through someone's skull... Otherwise, look into a cheap paintball marker. Hurts like a bee sting, and marks them with paint to prove their guilt! lol.

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 05:28 AM
To clarify, I am not alone in this. This is a "we" endeavor. This is a group of no less than six homes that have had it up to the teeth with bleeding hearts letting these little pukes ruin our lives. Our street is not the only street, I did not come up with this by myself. This is a gentle ground swell that may just catch on. We are not being deliberately violent. We protect our own. We are not seeking individuals to hurt them. They choose to come to us. It is not entrapment. We have every legal principle in the world on our side. We have tried all the other methods of protection as in putting stuff out of sight, locking it, etc. We have not chosen this path it has been forced upon us by those that DQ, Larimar and others of like mind set have created. This is our rendition of taking back the night.

Super Gram
09-12-2011, 06:19 AM
To clarify, I am not alone in this. This is a "we" endeavor. This is a group of no less than six homes that have had it up to the teeth with bleeding hearts letting these little pukes ruin our lives. Our street is not the only street, I did not come up with this by myself. This is a gentle ground swell that may just catch on. We are not being deliberately violent. We protect our own. We are not seeking individuals to hurt them. They choose to come to us. It is not entrapment. We have every legal principle in the world on our side. We have tried all the other methods of protection as in putting stuff out of sight, locking it, etc. We have not chosen this path it has been forced upon us by those that DQ, Larimar and others of like mind set have created. This is our rendition of taking back the night.

Kudos to you and the othere people. I hope it catches on.:shade:

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 06:36 AM
Thanks SG. A further clarification as well as an apology to DQ and Larimar. I did not mean to imply you single handedly got us to where we are societal wise. More people of like mindset, rehabilitation, studying etc. Rehab is for those who want it. You cannot force an individual to change, they have to want change. You are asking people with a sense of entitlement to work toward a rewarding full time job. This is not what they want. They want what I and others have without the work involved. They want everything you and I have but they will not work toward it but rather cut out that step and simply take ours.

Now if I or others do get charged and walked through the courts it will be liberals such as DQ and Larimar who will have put us there. They wish to protect their views from criticizem and will take to task those who disagree by casting aspersions upon our education or lack of it all the while lamenting the plight of the individuals we try to protect ourselves from. This gives those with the sense of entitlement a learned disability and people trained such as DQ job security. Our security be damned.

WingNut
09-12-2011, 06:42 AM

I also applaud your endeavor, if more neighborhood groups took this approach the criminals would have to think twice about their activities.....

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 06:45 AM
Just met with our neighbourhood watch and found out a neighbour forgot their keys in their unlocked car and guess what? The friggin' car was still there this AM! Amazing!

dancingqueen
09-12-2011, 07:25 AM
Thanks SG. A further clarification as well as an apology to DQ and Larimar. I did not mean to imply you single handedly got us to where we are societal wise. More people of like mindset, rehabilitation, studying etc. Rehab is for those who want it. You cannot force an individual to change, they have to want change. You are asking people with a sense of entitlement to work toward a rewarding full time job. This is not what they want. They want what I and others have without the work involved. They want everything you and I have but they will not work toward it but rather cut out that step and simply take ours.

Partly right, We do want what you and others have worked hard for and earned, Not to say people of my generation are not willing to work for it... You presume that because people don't have what you got and they are trying to get it without earning it that they don't want to earn it.
What is one thing someone needs to do in order to earn something?
That's right, the opportunity to earn it, something you, and people of your generation had handed to you, something that people of my generation do not just walk into one day. Unfortunately, some people feel the need to bypass the earning things and resort to stealing, and that's terrible. While others continue trying, some make it, many don't.
Little bit of context for ya

Larimar
09-12-2011, 07:28 AM
I thin khe also called me a liberal. not so much sorry.

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 07:36 AM
We had the importunity HANDED to us? No. We grasped the importunity that was there for the taking. Or for some of us we created our own importunity. Again your sense of entitlement is showing. Someone has to give us something. No, we work for it. Larimar please point out what exactly I say or do something against "You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use our communities to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, violates any internationally recognized law or otherwise violates The Soonet Bulletin Board System's Community Standards."

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Larimar you use the word shoot as though I where carrying a rifle or a 357 around with me on city streets. I do not. I will carry a pellet gun around in my own yard for pest control. Nothing more, nothing less. Also the liberal I accused you of being was a Small "l" liberal and that one you cannot poo poo.

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 07:41 AM
"Now if I or others do get charged and walked through the courts it will be liberals such as DQ and Larimar who will have put us there"

If this isn't taken down, because you're getting me involved by saying i caused it this will be reported to the police. It's a crime to plan a crime online. Sorry, but I draw the line where you start blaming me.

You failed to read further down my correction and apology?

dancingqueen
09-12-2011, 07:43 AM
We had the importunity HANDED to us? No. We grasped the importunity that was there for the taking.

One that is not there for the people of other generations. Word it how you want to the bottom line is opportunity was present and available for your generation, opportunity is rare and evasive in my generation, This is the difference, and a mighty large difference.
You seem to misunderstand my comments as some sort of attack, that is not how it was intended, I am not saying you have not earned what you have, simalarly of others of your generation, quite the opposite, You have earned it through hard work perseverance and mistakes. The difference is that my generation does not have nearly the same amount of opportunities available to us, I am also not excusing these criminals nor similar notions. I have always felt that you should be able to protect your property in any way you can... Seems in every discussion here you have to be with them, or against them... seems like actual posted comments are meaningless.

NewCasa
09-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Partly right, We do want what you and others have worked hard for and earned, Not to say people of my generation are not willing to work for it... You presume that because people don't have what you got and they are trying to get it without earning it that they don't want to earn it.
What is one thing someone needs to do in order to earn something?
That's right, the opportunity to earn it, something you, and people of your generation had handed to you, something that people of my generation do not just walk into one day. Unfortunately, some people feel the need to bypass the earning things and resort to stealing, and that's terrible. While others continue trying, some make it, many don't.
Little bit of context for ya

I'm pretty close to Anapeg's vintage and I'd like you to know that 'handed to me' would not be how I could characterize my career. I finished school at the beginning of the early 80's. It was right at the beginning of a major recession. Over the next couple of years Algoma Steel went from 13000 employees to under 5000. Very few of those guys laid off would say they had anything 'handed to them'. As a matter of fact, I left town. There was no damn way I was going to get a job in the Sault so I left, along with thousands of others. And when I got where I was going the best job I could find was minimum wage. But that was ok - compared to some of the guys I knew who had stayed home I was very well off, though the drive home to visit the family was about 20 hours. But at least I didn't need to go on welfare, which I never have.

Nope DQ - I don't see much difference at all between my work life and yours. I did what I needed to. I got about zero jobs 'handed to me'. There's a little context for ya pal. Maybe the difference between you and me is expectations. Maybe you expect an easy ride. Doesn't happen except in the movies. Deal with it.

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Got cha DQ, message received and understood. At this point I stand down. People are becoming so wound up as to lose sight of the intended humour, Hyperbole and vein in which this and a few other threads where initiated. If one has to be told something is tongue in cheek or have it explained to them then it looses something in the translation. I perhaps am too subtle or the perennial LOL is required on any post that is not serious. You tire of explaining yourself to those to damn thick to pick up on the nuances.TTFN

dancingqueen
09-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Got cha DQ, message received and understood. At this point I stand down. People are becoming so wound up as to lose sight of the intended humour, Hyperbole and vein in which this and a few other threads where initiated. If one has to be told something is tongue in cheek or have it explained to them then it looses something in the translation. I perhaps am too subtle or the perennial LOL is required on any post that is not serious. You tire of explaining yourself to those to damn thick to pick up on the nuances.TTFN

Are you saying this was all tongue in cheek?
I like to think I am pretty good at picking up your intended jokes... I usually get them. I did not get this impression from this subject.

NewCasa
09-12-2011, 07:58 AM
I like to think I am pretty good at picking up your intended jokes... I usually get them. I did not get this impression from this subject.

I got that it was a combination of venting and joking around. I also got the impression that Anapeg WISHES he could just shoot the little rats :)

dancingqueen
09-12-2011, 07:59 AM
I'm pretty close to Anapeg's vintage and I'd like you to know that 'handed to me' would not be how I could characterize my career. I finished school at the beginning of the early 80's. It was right at the beginning of a major recession. Over the next couple of years Algoma Steel went from 13000 employees to under 5000. Very few of those guys laid off would say they had anything 'handed to them'. As a matter of fact, I left town. There was no damn way I was going to get a job in the Sault so I left, along with thousands of others. And when I got where I was going the best job I could find was minimum wage. But that was ok - compared to some of the guys I knew who had stayed home I was very well off, though the drive home to visit the family was about 20 hours. But at least I didn't need to go on welfare, which I never have.

Nope DQ - I don't see much difference at all between my work life and yours. I did what I needed to. I got about zero jobs 'handed to me'. There's a little context for ya pal. Maybe the difference between you and me is expectations. Maybe you expect an easy ride. Doesn't happen except in the movies. Deal with it.

fair enough, points to ponder.
Consider though, you may be close to his vintage, that does not mean you grew up in the same generation.

dancingqueen
09-12-2011, 08:00 AM
I got that it was a combination of venting and joking around. I also got the impression that Anapeg WISHES he could just shoot the little rats :)

Oh, I thought he actually was prepared to... not that I would have anything against that...

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 08:01 AM

To a point, old son to a point. I too enjoy yanking chains on occasion but when some yahoo threatens me with police action they go too far. Will I protect my lolies, drop by some evening and check for yourself. Will I be armed, one never knows. I am older and dying so I am slower and need an edge.

NewCasa
09-12-2011, 08:03 AM
fair enough, points to ponder.
Consider though, you may be close to his vintage, that does not mean you grew up in the same generation.

Either way DQ you were not there so you really have no idea how the challenges then compare to the ones you face now. All you really see is reruns of the Brady Bunch and believe me, that's no way to judge what things were like for us back then.

dancingqueen
09-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Either way DQ you were not there so you really have no idea how the challenges then compare to the ones you face now. All you really see is reruns of the Brady Bunch and believe me, that's no way to judge what things were like for us back then.

Well in all fairness, I was not there, and you are not where I am, so it's equally not fair to judge. Sure you are "here" but you are not experiencing it.

Bluesky
09-12-2011, 08:46 AM
All should be equal.

Larimar, you are not a mod. So you do not know why RWGR was banned. He was not banned for "disagreeing with" SB. And furthermore, other mods together with SB make the decision. So quit propagating falsehoods.

Bluesky
09-12-2011, 08:52 AM
I think you missed my point though. In either case, if ANapeg were to hit someone with a BB gun and it goes through the person's skull (It can and has happened in life), he's in jail..was that worth it for Anapeg and his family? no. Soonet often looks so hung up on vengence that they are willing to walk their friends off a cliff to get it. It's not always the best answer and could put Anapeg in more trouble. Accidents happen too. All you need is one angry night with a gun and maybe on eof his own grandkids sneaks out and is playing in the dark..or chasing their lost bunny, or what not heh- he can't see em..and bam..BB gun through an eye ....heh you never know when u take revenge with a gun.

Lately there have been a couple of cases in the courts, where the victim of a crime was charged with kidnapping and confinement (for example) in the cause of defending his own property from repeat thefts. The cops couldn't or wouldn't catch him, so he took matters into his own hands, ran after the thief and help him (tied him up) until the cops came and got him.

The judge ruled in his favour.

I think more of this kind of thing NEEDS to happen, in order to push back the bleeding heart laws.

Defense of property should be a right; not something I should have to go to court for, while the thief runs free.

And I think a BB gun is potentially far less harmful than a fist in the face, a baseball bat or a tire iron.

Bluesky
09-12-2011, 09:01 AM
ooooh, Anapeg, don't stand down.. I was enjoying this thread...

How about setting up a motion detector switch on a 40,000 watt spotlight in your backyard (enough to scorch them). The webcam comes on at the same time. And loudspeakers begin playing Cher's "I got you babe.."

Peety
09-12-2011, 09:04 AM

How about setting up a motion detector switch on a 40,000 watt spotlight in your backyard (enough to scorch them). The webcam comes on at the same time. And loudspeakers begin playing Cher's "I got you babe.."

My dog would be better.

dancingqueen
09-12-2011, 09:07 AM
My dog would be better.

I don't know... Blue Sky's idea sounds like a bit of torture... maybe add in Handyman's fence idea with that and ain't no one coming on his property uninvited

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 09:10 AM

I likey this.

Peety
09-12-2011, 09:10 AM
I don't know... Blue Sky's idea sounds like a bit of torture... maybe add in Handyman's fence idea with that and ain't no one coming on his property uninvited

A board with nails in it might work.

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 09:13 AM
A board with nails in it might work.

I have yet to discount this although I realize you where heading elsewhere with this. My son, AKA Fat Boy on Soonet wants me to put boards with nails in them through out the yard. It has merit.

dancingqueen
09-12-2011, 09:18 AM
maybe sharks with fricken' laser beams attached to their foreheads

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 09:20 AM

From a movie with that thawed out spy guy, right?

tired-n-cranky
09-12-2011, 09:22 AM

SOOOOOOO this!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 09:23 AM
For those who feel my need for sanctuary is unfounded.

Break and Enter Reports:

* A residence on Panoramic Drive was entered and a Mac Book Pro was reported stolen.
* A business on White Oak Drive was entered and two youths were observed attempting to steal a mini dirt bike. The two males fled from the area empty handed. One youth was described as being approximately 5’7 wearing a light hoody, the second male was shorter, approximately 5’5 and riding a bike.
* A shed on Bonney Street was broken into on Friday evening. A welder, a pocket bike and a boat motor were reported stolen.
* A residence on Cambridge Place was entered on the 10th of September. A cat was reported missing.

Mischief Reports:

* Three vehicles were reported keyed in the west end.
* A mail box was damaged on Goulais Avenue.
* A front window of a residence on Arizona Avenue was smashed.
* A vehicle on Moody Street was vandalized.

Theft Reports:

* A bike was stolen from a local high school on Friday.
* A bike was reported stolen from Sault Area Hospital.
* A bike was reported stolen from Amber Street.
* A bike was stolen from Breton Road.
* A vehicle on Robin Street was broken into. A cell phone left inside as reported stolen.
* Landscape equipment was reported stolen from Elgin Street.

tired-n-cranky
09-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Lately there have been a couple of cases in the courts, where the victim of a crime was charged with kidnapping and confinement (for example) in the cause of defending his own property from repeat thefts. The cops couldn't or wouldn't catch him, so he took matters into his own hands, ran after the thief and help him (tied him up) until the cops came and got him.

The judge ruled in his favour.

I think more of this kind of thing NEEDS to happen, in order to push back the bleeding heart laws.

Defense of property should be a right; not something I should have to go to court for, while the thief runs free.

And I think a BB gun is potentially far less harmful than a fist in the face, a baseball bat or a tire iron.

He is very lucky then. The rule of thumb is reasonable force and methods to restrain a criminal while waiting for the Police. Being tied up kind of crosses that line a little bit...

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 09:33 AM
He is very lucky then. The rule of thumb is reasonable force and methods to restrain a criminal while waiting for the Police. Being tied up kind of crosses that line a little bit...

Here is where interpretation kicks in. I have in the past held an individual in a corner of the building known as St. Bernadette School with a base ball bat. The police arrived very Starsky and Hutch with wheels getting air coming into the drive way but they said nothing to me of my choice of toolery.
On another occasion in the same area I literally sat on a chap till he passed out before the police came and yet again I ate supper at home.

dancingqueen
09-12-2011, 09:42 AM
"reasonable force" is very subjective... Never did understand how such a subjective term can be put into law.

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 09:49 AM
"reasonable force" is very subjective... Never did understand how such a subjective term can be put into law.

Exactly and the vacillations are incredible when looked at in an individual manner. The variables are staggering.

dancingqueen
09-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Exactly and the vacillations are incredible when looked at in an individual manner. The variables are staggering.

Well this portion of "reasonable force roughly translates to:
"You can't hold people against their will unless.... you know.....

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 09:59 AM
If they struggle who is to say you hit them too hard, held them too long. How long did it transpire, how many involved, how much force did THEY apply, etc. etc. Serious now, no ha ha or LOL- It is MUCH easier to as for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. Do it then sort out the details.

tired-n-cranky
09-12-2011, 10:07 AM

Totally agree. When I did my stint being a Security Guard with several trained guard dogs (Dobermans, Rottweilers, and others) under my control, we were told reasonable force. Well, when I have a trained attack dog at my side who will only listen to my commands, do you think the dog will be reasonable if something goes wrong? lol.

Mind you, those dogs made me feel pretty safe when working areas like Jane and Finch in TO..

gouligann
09-12-2011, 10:08 AM
A friend of ours had a son who commited a few B&E's.
When he went to talk to the lawyer, the lawyer showed him a teenager's baseball cap with a hole in it.
The cap was worn by a kid who broke and entered into the wrong house.
A house with an angry man with a gun.
The angry man had been a victim of B&E's before, so he was prepared.
The angry man shot the kid in the head and killed him when he entered the home.
End of kid, and the angry man went to jail for murder.

Moral of the story: Shoot those little darlings in the arse with pellets or rock salt!

hobo
09-12-2011, 10:20 AM
It started with change and cigarettes being stolen from vehicles in my neighborhood a few years ago. Footsteps in the newly fallen snow leading back to the home of the culprit(s) was a pretty good indicator of who was to be responsible for the crime spree that continued for several years. Police response time was generally slow and on one occasion I reported a crime that was happening and stated so to the police. Two hours later the police arrived only to see the stash of stolen property had been carted off. On one occasion Response time was much better when a citizen made a comment directed to the little offender who arrogantly strolled past their yard. The police had a nice little talk with the citizen, explaining you can't say anything suggesting what you might do to someone if you catch them in your house or on your yard. Of course if you catch them in the commission of a crime , not just trespassing, they will be punished by the authorities. At the height of this young offender ( and his accomplices) career he stole a quad on a Friday, and was caught, he broke into a school and stole money the next day and was caught and on Saturday he stole another quad and was caught. You can do all the catching you want but it won't help much in some cases where the young offender is bent on criminal activity.

http://www.saultstar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?archive=true&e=863801

Chester Field
09-12-2011, 10:31 AM

or an outdoor motion sensor wildlife camera

(provided it doesn't get stolen)

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Moral of the story: Shoot those little darlings in the arse with pellets or rock salt!

I now posses a pellet-gun and paintball gun, recent acquisitions. Would I use them? I would believe it totally possible, even likely. The alternative is me being hands on and with a temper such as I have, coupled with my size, not a good plan. I would never condone anything but a body shot and I have enough confidence in my military training that I believe I will hit that which I aim for, preferably a back or side lower down. We have noticed a distinct drop in problems in our area. I should think they have simply moved operations rather than gone out of business. How anyone outside our area deals with an escalating problem is their own business. Not to be considered a threat but more a promise.

Bluesky
09-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Here is where interpretation kicks in. I have in the past held an individual in a corner of the building known as St. Bernadette School with a base ball bat. The police arrived very Starsky and Hutch with wheels getting air coming into the drive way but they said nothing to me of my choice of toolery.
On another occasion in the same area I literally sat on a chap till he passed out before the police came and yet again I ate supper at home.

OK, a baseball bat = reasonable.

But sitting on the poor sap?? C'mon man, have you no limits to your cruelty?? I mean, lowering your big butt down upon another's chest, and who knows what transpires between those contact points.. *gasp*.. the thought of it alone is enough to send me into the nebulous regions of a near death experience. ;) Especially after knowing your propensity to downing some of that infamous chili of yours!

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 11:03 AM
OK, a baseball bat = reasonable.

But sitting on the poor sap?? C'mon man, have you no limits to your cruelty?? I mean, lowering your big butt down upon another's chest, and who knows what transpires between those contact points.. *gasp*.. the thought of it alone is enough to send me into the nebulous regions of a near death experience. ;) Especially after knowing your propensity to downing some of that infamous chili of yours!

Here about referred to as G.E. (gaseous emissions) Even stink calls that stink???

AmdWolfman
09-12-2011, 11:53 AM
http://www.airgundepot.com/spyder-mr1-sniper-paintball-marker.html

Tell the coppers they have blue hair and splotches on their clothes if it happens again to you .

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 11:57 AM
http://www.airgundepot.com/spyder-mr1-sniper-paintball-marker.html

Tell the coppers they have blue hair and splotches on their clothes if it happens again to you .

That is a beautiful piece of equipment. Not a bad price either.

AmdWolfman
09-12-2011, 01:09 PM
If your so adament about this,I don't understand why u didn't give chase to the lame one.

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 01:48 PM
If your so adament about this,I don't understand why u didn't give chase to the lame one.

Who? Me? I am 62 and my heart is shot, I am on the list for a replacement but it isn't likely. Dura Cell is my best-est friend. So chasing for myself at least is out of the question. Now if some dumb ass wants to bring a pair of Nike's to a show of power, so be it.

NewCasa
09-12-2011, 05:34 PM
That is a beautiful piece of equipment. Not a bad price either.

That's what she said.

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 06:24 PM
That's what she said.

You too, and I thought I was special.

NewCasa
09-12-2011, 07:14 PM
You too, and I thought I was special.

She also said that.

Barry Morris
09-12-2011, 08:00 PM
A friend of ours had a son who commited a few B&E's.
When he went to talk to the lawyer, the lawyer showed him a teenager's baseball cap with a hole in it.
The cap was worn by a kid who broke and entered into the wrong house.
A house with an angry man with a gun.
The angry man had been a victim of B&E's before, so he was prepared.
The angry man shot the kid in the head and killed him when he entered the home.
End of kid, and the angry man went to jail for murder.

But.

The guy is now out of jail.

And the kid hasn't done any more B and E's

Barry Morris
09-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Can you get paintball loads filled with skunk stink???