PDA

View Full Version : Beef Stew???? (Crock pot)

CANDY_74
09-11-2011, 10:53 AM
If anyone has any recipes for Beef Stew in a Crock Pot can you please share them?!

Thanks

BrAt
09-11-2011, 02:51 PM
I don't have a recipe but this is what I do.

Brown stewing beef in a pan with whatever spices you like and then toss it in the crock pot with cut up carrots, potatoes and some finely chopped onion and garlic. Pour in 2 cartons of beef broth. Cook on low for about 7 hours and then throw in some frozen peas. Let cook for another 1/2 hour or so and then thicken with flour/water mixture until desired consistency (I actually just use EasyBlend flour instead of the flour and water). I usually bake up some easy dinner rolls to go with it.

tasma
09-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Yeah I don't follow a recipe either except to get ideas. You can add even a package of frozen veges like the carrots and beans or a different mix as long as you add them later in the cooking after maybe 3-4 hrs.

Anapeg
09-12-2011, 10:45 AM
I don't have a recipe but this is what I do.

Brown stewing beef in a pan with whatever spices you like and then toss it in the crock pot with cut up carrots, potatoes and some finely chopped onion and garlic. Pour in 2 cartons of beef broth. Cook on low for about 7 hours and then throw in some frozen peas. Let cook for another 1/2 hour or so and then thicken with flour/water mixture until desired consistency (I actually just use EasyBlend flour instead of the flour and water). I usually bake up some easy dinner rolls to go with it.

Instead of rolls we put Bisquick into copious amounts of gravy and cook dumplings. I know what we are having for supper tonight.

gouligann
09-29-2011, 07:57 AM
Since I don't like all the vegetables cooking with the meat (everything ends up tasting the same), I cook my meat in the slow cooker alone and add my cooked (not cooked to mush) vegetables right at the end.

I find the BESTEST meat for stew is a good cut of pot roast. I brown my pot roast on all sides, (leaving the mesh on) in a pan with margarine, then I put it into the slow cooker with water and a couple of beef Knorr cubes or a carton of beef broth. Let it cook on low for 6-8 hours, take it out and make the gravey with the liquid, peel the mesh off, cut the roast into bite size pieces, mix everything in together and serve.

yoda
10-02-2011, 10:46 AM
I found this recipe but have yet to try it, it sounds interesting.
1/2 cup of steak sauce
1/2 cup of water
1 pkg onion-mushroom soup mix
1 21/2 lb roast
1 lb. of baby red potatoes
1 pkg. baby carrots
1 onion diced
mix first 3 ingredients. Place meat in a slow cooker, top with vegetables & sauce and cover. Cook on low 8 -9 hours

Hank1
11-15-2011, 02:18 AM
I found this one , havent tried it yet
http://www.food.com/recipe/to-die-for-crock-pot-roast-27208

yoda
11-17-2011, 01:42 PM
I tried this recipe...it wasn't bad, but I think I'll drop the steak sauce next time

NOS2002
11-17-2011, 02:44 PM
I found this one in Paula Deen's cookbook...i have not tried it myself.

Old-Time Beef Stew
SERVES 6

2 pounds stew beef
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups water
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic, peeled
1 or 2 bay leaves
1 medium onion, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
teaspoon pepper
teaspoon paprika
Dash of ground allspice or ground cloves
3 large carrots, sliced
4 red potatoes, quartered
3 ribs celery, chopped
2 tablespoons cornstarch

Brown meat in hot oil. Add water, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bay leaves, onion, salt, sugar, pepper, paprika, and allspice. Cover and simmer 1 hours. Remove bay leaves and garlic clove. Add carrots, potatoes, and celery. Cover and cook 30 to 40 minutes longer. To thicken gravy, remove 2 cups hot liquid. Using a separate bowl, combine cup water and cornstarch until smooth. Mix with hot liquid and return mixture to pot. Stir and cook until bubbly.