PDA

View Full Version : SHAW Broadband 50?

welleast
09-14-2011, 01:54 PM
I recently upgraded to broadband 50 with shaw.
Speeds have been no where near what I am paying for.
Anyone else with similar results???
Any where from 16 to 25 mb/s

BAILEYDOG
09-14-2011, 05:06 PM
I had the same issue the tech that came to my house told me that you have to use " http://www.terago.ca/speed-test/Default.aspx " as speedtest.net does not do a good job with the broadband. However after using the terago site he found that my modem was faulty. Switched the modem now i get 42-48. but still slow on speedtest. Also I get the 45 on my wired computer but only 15 on the older wireless. Got a new laptop and it is getting 45 wirelessly.

Hans
09-14-2011, 07:30 PM
60/5

welleast
09-14-2011, 09:56 PM
I just did the speed test at terago and it just about 30/3.....
Some thing is wrong for sure.... going to have to call shaw AGAIN....

I am getting nothing near Han's results (60/5).

DarkAssassin
09-16-2011, 01:36 AM
What antivirus program are u running? i know what does this have to do with it, well if u are using Kaspersky security which i was, it will slow down ur speeds alot for some apparent reason and even kaspersky not sure why but are aware of the problem of it slowing ur speeds down we found this out after having several techs at our house and calling shaw a million time. If u are using this internet security shut it down and try again u will notice a big improvement. Hope it helps.... Oh yeah when i first got broadband 50 and we couldn't figure out the problem i was getting download speeds of over 200Mb a sec on terago lol so we knew there was something wrong

welleast
09-16-2011, 04:33 PM
We are running Microsoft Security Essentials, shaw is going to pay a visit on sunday afternoon,so should be a
good day as most are off and looks like rain, will be a good time to test band width use...
but there are talking about changing out the modem, so we will see... if I stay with the broadband or
go back to the extreme.

welleast
09-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Better speeds after shaw visit sunday afternoon, 46/2.8 can live with that.....
He changed out the modem.