PDA

View Full Version : Capping the Gas Tax----Celia Ross

IMHO
09-19-2011, 01:15 AM
In her handout at my door I read where Celia Ross is going to put a cap on gasoline taxes. Nice promise but there is no way she can keep that one. If it was possible to do...many other parties would have done it by now. Please Celia...only make realistic promises.

dancingqueen
09-19-2011, 02:01 AM
It would be nice if these people could tell us how they intend to keep their promises.
Maybe it can be done, just other politicians didn't want to..

Anapeg
09-19-2011, 06:35 AM
Now this IS news we caught a politician lying! This presumptive is not defamation of character but more one of definition of character.Damn good thing the other two parties do not allow their candidates to post BS during or near elections. Any time any politicians lips are moving there is a damn good possibility he is lying. For the most part they are trained as lawyers and can't help themselves.

Bluesky
09-19-2011, 08:20 AM
That's the thing about knowing you will never have the power to implement any decision.. you can promise anything, realizing that you'll never be called upon to deliver on that promise. She could promise free vacations to Cuba for all...

IMHO
09-19-2011, 08:46 AM
...or a tour of Graceland.

Anapeg
09-19-2011, 09:02 AM
So what you are saying is because the other two parties run the risk of winning THEY and only they would never lie? The NDP, due to the unlikelihood of leading have the luxury of telling lies. Interesting, I wonder from where I got my impressions of Canadian government?

Huggy85
09-19-2011, 09:06 AM
She could promise free vacations to Cuba for all...

Not good enough. It would cost at least a week in Trinidad for me to vote NDP.

IMHO
09-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Its not in Celias best interest to promise something that cannot be delivered. However...is it any worse than Dalton promising no tax increases? Dalton giving 10 grand to companies hiring foreign workers? etc THEY ARE ALL GUILTY....but I think we need to point out the obvious sometimes.

Anapeg
09-19-2011, 09:25 AM
Its not in Celias best interest to promise something that cannot be delivered. However...is it any worse than Dalton promising no tax increases? Dalton giving 10 grand to companies hiring foreign workers? etc THEY ARE ALL GUILTY....but I think we need to point out the obvious sometimes.

I truly appreciate it when you think of me and use the "KISS" method.

Bluesky
09-19-2011, 09:32 AM
So what you are saying is because the other two parties run the risk of winning THEY and only they would never lie? The NDP, due to the unlikelihood of leading have the luxury of telling lies. Interesting, I wonder from where I got my impressions of Canadian government?

No, I am not saying that at all. The parties that are in danger of winning elections only need to be a bit more sophisticated with their lies ;)

J B
09-19-2011, 10:07 AM
We should replace each politician with one of these, much more economical hot air!!

http://thelintscreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Xlerator-Steel1.jpg

Barry Morris
09-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Not good enough. It would cost at least a week in Trinidad for me to vote NDP.

Not I, sir.

It would have to be six months holidays twice a year SOMEWHERE ELSE for me to vote NDP.

verotik66
09-19-2011, 11:29 AM
What they should do is build a government owned refinery and mandate that domestic needs be filled before oil gets exported set a price at cost +10% for the oil and we will be driving around in style.

dancingqueen
09-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Lots of hot air on this thread too... How do you know that NDP cannot put a gas cap on? If anyone was going to actually do it, it's them, or the Liberals....

Bluesky
09-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Because of human nature. Why kill a cash cow? If they cap the gas tax, they will find the money in some other tax.

dancingqueen
09-19-2011, 06:45 PM
NDP seems to care more about the people than their own pockets though... unlike any other political party.

Barry Morris
09-19-2011, 07:19 PM
NDP seems to care more about the people than their own pockets though... unlike any other political party.

....until they get into power.

KDawg
09-19-2011, 09:38 PM
I don't know about that, but one thing I'm sure about is that McGuinty is a proven liar. Anyone else is a better alternative.

Anapeg
09-19-2011, 09:51 PM
....until they get into power.

A proven FACT! For proof I give you the REEFFOOOOORMMM party. In the beginning they wanted none of the government perks then part way through their first term they wanted it all. Show me a politician and I will show you a liar. PC< LIB< NDP all have no tangible morals. They say what the gullible wish to hear then do as they please. Power, money, promoting their own agenda and there it ends. If you are "helped" along the way nice, unintentional but nice none the less but if you are upset, so be it. They care not as long as they can achieve 50% + 1 in the next round.

Barry Morris
09-19-2011, 10:28 PM
I don't know about that, but one thing I'm sure about is that McGuinty is a proven liar. Anyone else is a better alternative.

Easy for one politician to say another is a liar.

I'll vote McGuinty. I've seen worse.

riggs
09-19-2011, 10:36 PM

Not that I'm justifying his actions, but I can't remember the last politician who didn't break a promise.

IMHO
09-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Its time to send the liar a message...YOUR OUT !!!!

Anapeg
09-20-2011, 12:03 AM
Easy for one politician to say another is a liar.

I'll vote McGuinty. I've seen worse.

A sad note on to-days governments when your choice is the lessor of two or three evils.

Chester Field
09-20-2011, 10:22 AM
The secret to telling if a politician is lying is to check to see if their lips are moving.

dancingqueen
09-21-2011, 08:51 AM
It's kinda funny.... we boast about having such a wonderful political system... yet, we always complain about politicians lying and never doing what they say... Yet, we sit idly by just complaining about how they lie... Why don't we do something about it? When a politician lies, or does not fulfill a promise, what do you do? ***** and moan about it untill next election? Write your MP, tell them how pissed off you are, write all the MPs

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Kick them the hell out and start with someone else...

dancingqueen
09-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Well that doesn't just happen on it's own....

IMHO
09-21-2011, 10:38 AM
SOmetimes the potential replacements are as bad or worse.

Lance1
09-21-2011, 10:42 AM
I heard the NDP will drop the HST on home electricty and gas bills, is that true?

Anapeg
09-21-2011, 10:42 AM

Better the Devil you know, right?

Barry Morris
09-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Better the Devil you know, right?

Exactly.

Especially if he has some experience.

IMHO
09-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Itd Davids election to lose. He should rack up historical winning totals. He has done a great job for this city.

Barry Morris
09-21-2011, 11:56 AM
And just what is a "cap" on gas taxes?? I think it's a law Parliament could pass to say, "no more hikes in the gas tax."

Which would be good.

But could be changed at any time, right??

So, what a useless piece of rhetoric.

IMHO
09-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Exactly , soundbear....why would she run on something she knows can never happen? The answer is clear...Celia knows the NDP will never have to produce becasue they are never going to rule Ontario again!!!!

Anapeg
09-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Exactly , soundbear....why would she run on something she knows can never happen? The answer is clear...Celia knows the NDP will never have to produce becasue they are never going to rule Ontario again!!!!

What is left comforts me not one iota.

bilbo79
09-21-2011, 02:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIraCchPDhk

dancingqueen
09-21-2011, 06:30 PM

Then you replace those replacements until they get it through their heads that they cannot screw with you... but until something like that happens, politicians are gonna get away with anything and everything they feel like getting away with.