PDA

View Full Version : Our 9th anniversary is coming up - and I need some help

Koss
09-19-2011, 12:11 PM
I always like to buy my wife a gift based on the traditional gift for our anniversary year. The 9th year is pottery. Where can I buy some local pottery in town Soonet?

dancingqueen
09-19-2011, 12:13 PM
I believe they have some at English Butler in the station mall. Also check out Hilltribe.

Peety
09-19-2011, 12:15 PM
There is a store on Queen.
http://ssmarts.org/index.php?page=shops-and-galleries

verotik66
09-19-2011, 12:34 PM
yeah i would go for a local piece of pottery there is plenty around!

lynys
09-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Take her to a pottery class and make your own. That is a much more romantic gift IMO.

8th
09-19-2011, 02:39 PM
You've watched GHOST too many times LOL

lynys
09-19-2011, 03:12 PM
No, but I'm a woman. ;)

Koss
09-19-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm not sure if we have time for pottery class but that's a pretty good idea. I did go out to check out a couple of the places listed above. I wanted to try something local before heading to the mall, but alas, it seems many of these types of businesses are closed on Mondays. I'll try again tomorrow and maybe inquire into pottery classes to at the same time.

Karen-Annie
09-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Koss, also check at the Art Gallery gift shop and Rose's on Bruce Hill at Salisbury.

icecapp
09-20-2011, 05:36 AM
as messed up as this sound, Ginos family resturant(sp) on the GNR, Sells local pottery, I dont know if someone that works there makes it or what but I know they have it.

when you walk in the main part of the resturant, where the big fish tank is, there is a shelf to the left of it, that has it on, Its all different kinds of pottery..

Good luck Koss, and Happy 9th anniversary.

lynys
09-20-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure if we have time for pottery class but that's a pretty good idea. I did go out to check out a couple of the places listed above. I wanted to try something local before heading to the mall, but alas, it seems many of these types of businesses are closed on Mondays. I'll try again tomorrow and maybe inquire into pottery classes to at the same time.

Make the time. You'll get time together, and keep what you make. Win/win if you ask me. :D

Anapeg
09-20-2011, 12:34 PM
I always like to buy my wife a gift based on the traditional gift for our anniversary year. The 9th year is pottery. Where can I buy some local pottery in town Soonet?

You are a genius sir, an absolute genius. I bought my wife a plot out in Greenwood a few years back and she has yet to use it. Now I will by her an urn, why did I not think of this on my own!