PDA

View Full Version : pedicure

ssmarie
09-20-2011, 11:45 AM
I would like to try having a pedicure...is there somewhere I can go to try out this service for the first time and not have to pay a fortune - I have sensitive feet and I may not like it so I can't see paying $50 - $60 for the first time.

Anapeg
09-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Group Health Centre has a tech on hand for we diabetics at $25.00 a pop I believe. Tell them you are a diabetic from away and need attention and leave with happy feet and an extra 25 in your pocket.

ladybug
09-20-2011, 12:05 PM
I have sensitive feet to but love pedicures..I've tried a few places but love Spaworld in the Station Mall, ambience is great and the massaging chairs are a great added feature..they have different prices depending on what kind of pedicure you want. I always go for the ultimate but that does go for around 60...IMO well worth the money

ssmarie
09-20-2011, 02:53 PM
spa world is not in the mall anymore

MagicFingers
09-20-2011, 04:19 PM
apparently they moved to the building up on pine street by food basics.... between food basics and the gas station.

autum1
09-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Give Hot Nails a try across from the Cambrian Mall. Cost is about $35 for a pedi.

Joy.D
09-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Cali nails in Station Mall gives nice pedicures for $35 and the massaging chair too.

ssmarie
09-20-2011, 08:49 PM
I was thinking somewhere a bit more private

Jackie B
09-20-2011, 09:30 PM
I go to Hollywood in the Cambrian Mall. It's at the back of the business. Not super private, but it's enough for me. It's $30, and the lady Tina is AMAZING. It has the massaging chair which is way better than I anticipated, and she pounds your feet and calves with her fists on top of the usual filing, painting etc. She also does little freehand designs on the big toe that look airbrushed. It's pretty much awesome.

IMHO
09-21-2011, 09:39 AM
I could never let anyone tickle my feet.

ssmarie
09-21-2011, 07:34 PM
thanks Jackie..that sounds good...I know I am not going to a spa and having total privacy but what you described sounds ok for a first time

Jackie B
09-21-2011, 11:31 PM
Oh, this isn't tickling. It's more like meat tenderizing. LOL

blue32
09-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Just a few points of caution before you enjoy your pedicure.

Please call the health board before you decide where to go. They will let you know if the place you are considering has had any complaints or infractions on their file.

All reputable pedicure places should offer you an individual pedicure kit. This kit contains all of the items that they will need to complete your pedicure, razors, files, etc, and these items will be kept in a box that is just for your use, significantly reducing the risk of cross contamination with other clients.

Pedicure places should also have an autoclave, similar to what you would see in a tattoo/piercing shop, to sterilize any metal instruments that will be used on multiple clients.

Ask lots of questions, tell them your feet are sensitive and that its your first time! If you're not comfortable with the answers or atmosphere don't be afraid to walk away.