PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl flooring in a boat

cage5516
09-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Hey all...just wondering if anyone in town sells/installs vinyl boat flooring?? And while we're at it I'm looking for someone to fix my mooring cover and bimini top...the person I orginally had make the cover and top did a crappy job so I don't want to take it to them for repairs. Thanks in advance.

Anapeg
09-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Vinyl on a boat? We found that way to slippery and opted for astro turf and indoor out door. Ours turned out to be a DIY and still looked rather good.

cage5516
09-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Specifically designed for sport and leisure watercraft, MariDeck is an exterior grade vinyl deck covering.

Repels water and moisture

Prevents deck rot

Slip-resistant flooring

I have carpet in my boat now and I really don't like it. It's kinda nice when we're just out cruising and sunning, but it's a pain in the ass when we're fishing. Really...carpet in a fishing boat?? not one of their better ideas! :)

Anapeg
09-20-2011, 06:39 PM
We had Dura Deck and were not impressed but hey it is after all your craft to do with as you please. We had an on board garden hose for fish slime, spills of what ever sort and it worked for us.

MaO3
09-21-2011, 10:12 AM
I have a friend who does great work on the Bimini type stuff. If you'd like I'll forward her phone number. She works out of her house and did the bimini for my pontoon boat. AWESOME job.

98sierra
09-21-2011, 10:17 PM
There is a product called dek-master and I think you can order it at Lyon's

http://www.ducan.com/