PDA

View Full Version : Dear Owner

HDV
09-23-2011, 09:04 AM
I died today. You got tired of me and took me to the shelter. They were overcrowded and I drew an unlucky number. I am in a black plastic bag in a landfill now. Some other puppy will get the barely used leash you left. My collar was dirty and too small, but the lady took it off before she sent me to the Rainbow Bridge . Would I still be at home if I hadnít chewed your shoe? I didnít know what it was, but it was leather, and it was on the floor. I was just playing. You forgot to get puppy toys. Would I still be at home if I had been housebroken? Rubbing my nose in what I did only made me ashamed that I had to go at all. There are books and obedience teachers that would have taught you how to teach me to go to the door. Would I still be at home if I hadnít brought fleas into the house? Without anti-flea medicine, I couldnít get them off of me after you left me in the yard for days. Would I still be at home if I hadnít barked? I was only saying, ďIím scared, Iím lonely, Iím here, Iím here! I want to be your best friend.Ē Would I still be at home if I had made you happy? Hitting me didnít make me learn how. Would I still be at home if you had taken the time to care for me and to teach manners to me? You didnít pay attention to me after the first week or so, but I spent all my time waiting for you to love me. I died today. Love, Your Puppy ...

This brought a tear to my eye. Saw it on facebook.

kitca
09-23-2011, 10:35 AM
oh my goodness, thats good. sad, teared me too. ive seen several ones, but not this one. very good., oh, so sad...

zoo crew
09-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Okay made it through about half before things got blurry....

Luv to be on the GO
09-23-2011, 11:37 PM
Powerful Message HDV...and I sure did feel sad !
I wish every puppy got treated like MY furry Baby does !!!

gouligann
09-24-2011, 07:02 AM
Too many beautiful animals come to the fate of being next in line for euthanasia.

Why do people get dogs when they are ignorant about the breed, ignorant about what it takes to train them, and aren't prepared give 100% to raise them, love them, and give them a lifelong home?