PDA

View Full Version : Adventures at the Humane Society

Larimar
09-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Yesterday my boyfriend and I had a lot of fun photographing two cats and one dog. Cindy and Mindy
are two very loving cats and only wanted to be rolled over for an affectionate belly rub. They would curiously run to the camera and then fall over for a pet. They are both spayed by the Humane Society and have been at the shelter since May.

Bingo is a beautiful australian shephered /chow mix whose vibrant reddy coat/mane reminded me of the majestic lion. At first a little nervous of the camera he then relaxed at the sight of treats and a good scratch behind the ear. He was happy after his treats to be our model and seemed to smile the whole time! After, we took him outdoors where he could be himself! Lots of running and lots of fun. He loved to play and will need a good home that will run him daily and teach him new things using positive reinforcement. He looked to be a bright dog whose very motivated by play and treat rewards. Lots of love to give. He has been spayed by the Humane Society and has been at the shelter since June 9th.

Spread the word to anyone looking for a wonderful pet. Three to choose from right here!

To view their photos please visit www.wix.com/warbler/pet

Also visit www.wix.com/warbler/photography if you'd like to buy a wildlife photo-certain photographs on the site will give 20% of your purchase to the Humane Society until the end of October.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/emoticons1/Bingo2.jpg

Here is Bingo who is looking for his forever home.

If you adopt Cindy, Miny, or Bingo you can also purchase their photographs. The money goes to the shelter.
Please call your local sault ste. marie and district SPCA.

Larimar
09-27-2011, 04:54 PM
here is Mindy looking to be adopted

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/emoticons1/Mindy.jpg

Super Gram
09-27-2011, 06:29 PM
I think Mindy is a Maine Coon. I could be wrong.

Larimar
09-27-2011, 06:36 PM
I don't know my cat breeds very well. The Humane Society lists her as a brown tabby-but I always thought that was just the colour marking label.

TNT
09-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Maine Coons have a very thick long coat on thier chest. This is a brown tabby. Coat and colour suggest so. Nice pics guys!!

TNT
09-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Are you available on weekends?? I still want to catch you guys when we can both sync somthing for my beasts to get some glam shots. Up to you if you wanna play with your green screen or just a backdrop. Just some professional shots for the walls would be nice!! :)

Dragonfly
09-27-2011, 07:26 PM
OMG Bingo is just the sweetest thing alive! I wish I could take a doggy :(

Larimar
09-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Hi TNT, we will be gone this weekend to Chapleau for some wildlife photography but I'm sure we could find a weekend that will work for all of us. Our sitting fee is 50 dollars and we use both our backdrops and green screen. 20% of your purchase will be donated to the Humane Society if you decide on us as your photographers ^_^ This is a donation that will happen until the end of October (unless a person carries one of our tickets from seeing us at Cause for Paws as there is no timeline for that).

TNT
09-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Sweet, sounds good to me! Le me know what weekend is good for you. As my work schedule REALLY limits my weekday hours. Im open for any weekend. So you have us on facebook...send us a msg via there as I dont check in here often. DO you do them in a studio or our home? Just asking as I have alot of pics of them doing dumb stuff outside and such LMAO we want an offical sitting...(or attempting to STAY) lol

Larimar
09-27-2011, 08:00 PM
We bring the equiptment to you- backdrops and lighting. We unfortunately don't have a studio
...but maybe one day! It can take a while to get the animals in position for a photo- many are more curious about sniffing the cameras or playing. We recommend a long run before a session. :)

I'll get back to you with times very soon on fb

TNT
09-27-2011, 08:10 PM
No probs send me a weekend and we'll run-em-out!!! I can move my living room around for yas.......and I think its best they're in thier domain anyways, they're more comfortable here. As you've read one has a mangled leg, but we'll still get her pic done. We'll just get a head shot and not stack her up. we'll figure it out. Look forward to working with you!!

Larimar
09-28-2011, 01:55 PM
sounds good. Lots of prayers for the puppers.

everywoman
10-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Bingo sure is a handsome boy!!!! I'm already full up and I don't know anybody who's looking, but I sure hope he finds a home. He looks like a sweetheart.