PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have......

TNT
10-04-2011, 12:40 PM
A ginuea pig that they would need a new home for? My sons bunny passed a few weeks ago and hes ready for another pet.He's decided on a gin pig this time. He's very respectful for animals space and gentle so he's a good little caregiver. Anyone who may have one, or somone who does let me know.
I would prefer not to buy one from a pet store. no specifications just must be good natured. thanks

Larimar
10-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Humane society has one http://hosting.soonet.ca/humanesociety/other.htm :)

TNT
10-04-2011, 01:50 PM
I checked the website but when i called them he was already adopted apparently. :(

Larimar
10-04-2011, 03:45 PM
That's good he found a home. I was there at least once a week and they always have them coming in, so if you want to rescue give it a day or two or three-and go for a visit. I betcha one will show up. I think it's great you'd rather not buy a pet store-Though I'm unsre if that's due to pricing or the ethics of that. Another suggestion is to bring your child into the Humane Society to see if any are in (instead of calling) that way he can always choose to change his mind if he sees another small buddy he'd love just as much. And if not, try again in a few days. I found just going in to look-part of the excitement of finding a new pet-as they seem to choose you.

Mimi
10-04-2011, 04:43 PM
They have lots of Hamsters - different colours. They had 8 young ones that were born this summer. They are $5 adoption fee.

Larimar
10-04-2011, 05:21 PM
and they were adorable! I had a hamster as a child and she woould run all over my shoulders and play-never bit, so gentle. I also had two guinea pigs who passed away last summer- so much fun! I used to take them outside surrounded by a mini garden fence. They were very sociable-extremely sociable-sleeping together , playing together, popcorning together. I wouldn't recommend ever having one single guinea pig. They do great in pairs and are not solitary creatures.

TNT
10-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Ethics. Dont think the pricing is much different. Just know that there are always people getting rid of them. Ill keep checking back thanks :D

Larimar
10-04-2011, 10:02 PM
I agree about the ethics part too, which is why I suggest the Humane Society, even over looking at classified. So often people are trying to breed their critters for no reason or being irresponsible and it's no fun to support.

TNT
10-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Yes I realize the fact that I prefer to adopt and not buy, is in fact partly cliche as I myself am a breeder. However there are methods to my madness.
I most definately encourage adoption BEFORE purchase of ANY animal. I only exist for the "specific fancy" . :p
Occasionally a person/family has researched and wanted a specific breed for some time. If thats the case ok.
But I have had adopted/rescue dogs all my life and theres no better. A second hand animal has a much greater appreciation for human love and support.

TNT
10-05-2011, 11:25 AM
And we did in fact find one through the HS! We shall go in today :D

Larimar
10-05-2011, 11:44 AM
A guinea pig breeder is one thing..a teenager with two guineas and no knowledge is another :p

I Wonder Why
10-09-2011, 12:02 PM
How is your new pet making out?

TNT
10-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Very well ty. He named him cornielious. LOL kinda glad i didnt go the hamster route, which he wanted originally.

nightingale
10-09-2011, 06:01 PM
I love the name!