PDA

View Full Version : 18 hr bladder day!

kitca
10-20-2011, 07:45 AM
my dogs refuse to go outside this morning. looks like they'll be holding it a long time. do your dogs do that too?

gouligann
10-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Yep, my little yorkie/poo can hold it for such a long period of time, it amazes me. She hates the rain, wet grass and snow lol. Me too!

kitca
10-20-2011, 11:13 PM
its just so funny how they pee twenty-million times on a walk and then hold it for so long when the weather is bad.

and it makes me feel so sad for all those outdoor dogs. when i see how every dog we have had hates the bad weather...

A*lil*Loopy
10-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Our puppies don't care what it's doing outside, thankfully. We leave them out when we go to work....with an insulated dog house, on the covered deck of our house. They aren't old enough to hold their bladders yet.
Now the others, bladders of steel when the weather is crappy.

Larimar
10-21-2011, 07:21 PM
18 hours to hold it seems like a lot for a dog. How did they make out?

I always had to force mine out. She was very stubborn and hated winter weather.
Careful of bladder infections too.

everywoman
10-21-2011, 07:41 PM
My female despises the wet weather! She's a chi, so is quite close to the wet grass, which gives her an excuse to go outside and try to look her best to look pathetic!! However, she doesn't hold it. She waits til we aren't looking and goes to widdle somewhere in the house. Grr!

Larimar
10-21-2011, 08:11 PM
My female despises the wet weather! She's a chi, so is quite close to the wet grass, which gives her an excuse to go outside and try to look her best to look pathetic!! However, she doesn't hold it. She waits til we aren't looking and goes to widdle somewhere in the house. Grr!

Have you tried getting one of those pads for lil dogs? They look useful for those types of situations...saw some at walmart.

everywoman
10-22-2011, 10:42 PM
She likely wouldn't use it. She's quite weird when it comes to potty issues.

Larimar
10-23-2011, 11:20 AM
dunt blame her :)

TNT
10-23-2011, 01:26 PM
my older girl is the same. She won't go out if its raining, snowing, blowing or if the grass is wet from dew. lol
And my boy, well he doesnt get up until well after noon so hes only out for like 4 hours a day even when its nice. lol